It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pick 5 out of 20 games, save 80%! This week only!

BOOM! Here's a new explosive offer for GOG.com users. We've prepared a list of 20 exciting titles including some of the best indie games and modern releases available on our site, and we invite you to mix, match and create your very own bundle of 5 games, in our week-long [url=http://www.gog.com/pick_5]Pick 5 promo. You will save 80% on your purchase! The Witcher for $2? Chronicles of Riddick for $3? Deponia for $4? Yes! Only on GOG.com!

For the full list of the 20 amazing games you can pick for your personal bundle and grab with 80% discount, go to the Pick 5 promo page. Tell your friends! (We've even included some handy Facebook, Twitter and Google+ buttons on the promo page for your convenience. Don't hesitate to use them *wink*.)

The offer lasts until Tuesday, March 19, at 9:59AM GMT.
I have half of the 20 games. Hmmm..... Time to get the other half? Maybe.... 80% is pretty damn good, but i have a bad habit of buying stuff just because it's heavily discounted.
Post edited March 15, 2013 by user deleted
Siegor: First of all I'd like to thank nijuu and triock for their input. So far I've decided to add Deponia and A New Beginning. Since I haven't played the previous two Runaway games I'll leave the third one for a later time.
As for the last game I'm still undecided between Inquisitor and Defender's quest.
Defenders Quest. Plenty wanted the game on release. The demo is very addictive .Try it first :).
ThreeSon: I don't suppose anyone has had any luck getting Steam keys for some of these titles from the publisher, after purchasing them here?

Specifically I'm looking to buy Pid, Puddle, and Desonia. Right now I don't own any of these games on Steam, but probably will buy all of them there in the future. I'd like not to have to buy them twice, and I know that Valve gives out as many free Steam keys to game publishers as they want, so has anyone tried asking the publishers for a Steam key after buying a game here on GOG?
You buy from GOG you buy it DRM free (thats the contract Gog has with the publisher).Dont expect a freebie from publishers ;)
Post edited March 15, 2013 by nijuu
nijuu: You buy from GOG you buy it DRM free (thats the contract Gog has with the publisher).Dont expect a freebie from publishers ;)
It's not a freebie at all. I'm only trying to avoid having to buy the same game twice. I don't think any reasonable person could see this as trying to scam the publisher. It wouldn't cost them a penny - Valve gives publishers as many free Steam keys as they want to do with as they choose.
Post edited March 15, 2013 by ThreeSon
Well, I don't own any of these. Nice idea for a promo, but the only one I'm really interested in is Inquisitor (isometric late 90s--early 00s cRPG goodness). So...guess I'll continue to wait for other deals.

Addendum: Well....who would have thought after all the contests and giveaways I entered and flamed out in, a little luck comes my way. GOG's villagers are a good lot.
Post edited March 15, 2013 by MaridAudran
Point Man: I have half of the 20 games. Hmmm..... Time to get the other half? Maybe.... 80% is pretty damn good, but i have a bad habit of buying stuff just because it's heavily discounted.
No better time to add to that backlog than getting 80% off. Give into the temptation! :)
nijuu: You buy from GOG you buy it DRM free (thats the contract Gog has with the publisher).Dont expect a freebie from publishers ;)
ThreeSon: It's not a freebie at all. I'm only trying to avoid having to buy the same game twice. I don't think any reasonable person could see this as trying to scam the publisher. It wouldn't cost them a penny - Valve gives publishers as many free Steam keys as they want to do with as they choose.
Well, the basic answer to your question is: no. But feel free to try.

Think of it as buying a game for PC and another copy for each console. You may have the game, but you bought it on a different service. If you want it on both services, you'll have to buy it twice (save some promo somewhere). I don't buy games on steam that I believe will show up here eventually.
Siegor: First of all I'd like to thank nijuu and triock for their input. So far I've decided to add Deponia and A New Beginning. Since I haven't played the previous two Runaway games I'll leave the third one for a later time.
As for the last game I'm still undecided between Inquisitor and Defender's quest.
I'll third Defender's Quest. I usually hate tower defence games, but this one is really, really good and really, really funny. Even if you stink at those kinds of games, it's easy to get into. I also have Inquisitor, it reminds me of a medieval CSI. But it takes some patience to get into.
BUMP
I've picked: Riddick, Divinity 2, Alan Wake, and Deponia

I'm in a dilemma right now, while they are two different games which one should I get: Tiny and Big, or Defender's Quest? Or is there some other game that you might recommend?
FlamingFirewire: I've picked: Riddick, Divinity 2, Alan Wake, and Deponia

I'm in a dilemma right now, while they are two different games which one should I get: Tiny and Big, or Defender's Quest? Or is there some other game that you might recommend?
Whats your taste in games? Lots like Defenders Quest. Never tried the other one
I would recommend Defender's Quest as well. It was one of my favourite games from last year and I normally don't even like tower defense games. And you get a lot of content for your money. I played over 80 hours by now and still haven't completed the NG+ mode.
Hi folks,

I know I'm a little late to the game here, but I'm only interested in picking up 3-4 games from this promo. I'd be happy to trade someone the remaining 1-2 slots in exchange for some roughly equivalent value GOGs (I'll probably pick something out of the weekend sale).

Note that I cannot offer Grimrock, Capsized, King's Bounty, PID, Lucius, or Runaway 3, as they would be added to my account instead of going into the gift code.

PM me or reply here if interested.

Edit: offer taken!
Post edited March 17, 2013 by Azilut
Despite having a huge backlog of over 100 games to complete I went ahead and bought Sam & Max Seasons 1 & 2, Chronicles of Riddick, Legend of Grimrock and Divinity II. Saved over $80 according to GOG. Can't pass up a deal that good.
FlamingFirewire: I've picked: Riddick, Divinity 2, Alan Wake, and Deponia

nijuu: Whats your taste in games? Lots like Defenders Quest. Never tried the other one
Not too interested in tower defense games, but kind of interested in the strategy stuff. Kind of tempted to take a look at King's Bounty and AW: American Nightmare too... There's lots of options for this last game in my list - so I was wondering if there were some other suggestions of games that people thought were really good from the list to fill my last slot. I guess anything would do, but I'm just looking for recommendations for the "best" game since I'm not too picky about the genre.
nijuu: Whats your taste in games? Lots like Defenders Quest. Never tried the other one
FlamingFirewire: Not too interested in tower defense games, but kind of interested in the strategy stuff. Kind of tempted to take a look at King's Bounty and AW: American Nightmare too... There's lots of options for this last game in my list - so I was wondering if there were some other suggestions of games that people thought were really good from the list to fill my last slot. I guess anything would do, but I'm just looking for recommendations for the "best" game since I'm not too picky about the genre.
I say go for Defender's Quest. It's the only TD worth buying.