It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
hedwards: I hope this causes them to go out of business. They said they were developing a DRM free game and that's the basis upon which I backed the game. They've now made it DRM only if you want to make the most of the modding opportunities and people who don't buy during the limited DRM free window can't have it DRM free.
They promised a DRM free copy of the game. You get a DRM free copy of the game. Any further DLC was not part of the KS and even the mention of future DLCs past Berlin was way past the ending of the funding.

You act like those people who threw a hissyfit because GOG started selling DLC (which was a rather hilarious thread, actually). Seeing some guarantee that was only ever made in your head.

Pathetic.
SimonG: Wow, this is the saddest thread I've ever seen on this forum since I joined.
Gersen: Funny you saying that given that's exactly what you were hoping for, otherwise you wouldn't have been posting in this thread to begin with.
That's my thought. I generally like Simon, but he's being deliberately obtuse about it. As much as I want to see HBS do well, they really need to go out of business over this as it's probably the only way that the industry has any hope of realizing that they need to show us some respect.

And unfortunately, it's not meaningful unless it's a meaningful sacrifice.
SimonG: Wow, this is the saddest thread I've ever seen on this forum since I joined.

A small time dev is breathing life, not only in a world many loved and grew up with, but also in a genre that hasn't seen many good games in all. And what do they get? The spite and ignorance of a few people that obviously care more about their own little sensibilities than the success and well being of the developers.

And now they are giving away the DRM free version and the Steam version. Making sure that all those high and righteous DRM free evangelists will also sell or give away their "second copy".

The vitriol spewed in this thread is showing why people no longer want to be associated with the term "DRM free". People who care so little about small time devs shouldn't humoured by them. Luckily (and ironically) thanks to DRM the devs and publishers are finally starting to realize how little "DRM free" means in actual sale numbers.
Yes, because commercial developers are poor, hungry, pitiable souls who make games out of the sheer goodness of their hearts, aren't they?

Seriously, this "sordid tale of the starving developer" syndrome is starting to get tiring, as is your self-righteous arrogance that has been flowing through this thread and this forum.
low rated
Gersen: Funny you saying that given that's exactly what you were hoping for, otherwise you wouldn't have been posting in this thread to begin with.
Hey, I did not know you could read minds!

Quick, what am I thinking now? Hint: It's not boobs.

(Spoiler: Actually, it is boobs)

I'm not saying I don't get some enjoyment out of all this. And I still might posting here occasionally. It's a bit like being a black gay jew at an KKK meeting.

Except the hanging part.
hedwards: That's my thought. I generally like Simon, but he's being deliberately obtuse about it. As much as I want to see HBS do well, they really need to go out of business over this as it's probably the only way that the industry has any hope of realizing that they need to show us some respect.

when you say "us" you mean the about 5% of the gamers marked who care about DRM?
hedwards: I hope this causes them to go out of business. They said they were developing a DRM free game and that's the basis upon which I backed the game. They've now made it DRM only if you want to make the most of the modding opportunities and people who don't buy during the limited DRM free window can't have it DRM free.
SimonG: They promised a DRM free copy of the game. You get a DRM free copy of the game. Any further DLC was not part of the KS and even the mention of future DLCs past Berlin was way past the ending of the funding.

You act like those people who threw a hissyfit because GOG started selling DLC (which was a rather hilarious thread, actually). Seeing some guarantee that was only ever made in your head.

Pathetic.
Bull fucking shit.

I was backing a DRM free game for everybody and I'm not being given that. They're handing out a small number of gimped copies that are likely to be abandoned as far as modding goes because they won't be able to make use of DRM DLC and with such a small number of copies total, even if all the backers use them, it's likely that they'll be marginalized before too long.

I backed the game because they passed it off as being DRM free, I do not fund Steam only games.

Like I said in my other post, you're being deliberately obtuse. They're fulfilling their obligations in the lowest way that they could have any hope of winning a court case based upon.. They sure as hell aren't meeting the obligations in any sort of honest way.
low rated
jamyskis: Yes, because commercial developers are poor, hungry, pitiable souls who make games out of the sheer goodness of their hearts, aren't they?

Seriously, this "sordid tale of the starving developer" syndrome is starting to get tiring, as is your self-righteous arrogance that has been flowing through this thread and this forum.
Wow, you made a post without using the word "cunt" or "asshole". I'm mighty proud of ya!
hedwards: That's my thought. I generally like Simon, but he's being deliberately obtuse about it. As much as I want to see HBS do well, they really need to go out of business over this as it's probably the only way that the industry has any hope of realizing that they need to show us some respect.

amok: when you say "us" you mean the about 5% of the gamers marked who care about DRM?
Doesn't really matter, they promised that it would be for sale DRM free, and they had an obligation to do so. If it really is only 5% then they should just give us refunds because we aren't getting what we were promised.
low rated

A small time dev is breathing life, not only in a world many loved and grew up with, but also in a genre that hasn't seen many good games in all. And what do they get? The spite and ignorance of a few people that obviously care more about their own little sensibilities than the success and well being of the developers.

And now they are giving away the DRM free version and the Steam version. Making sure that all those high and righteous DRM free evangelists will also sell or give away their "second copy".

The vitriol spewed in this thread is showing why people no longer want to be associated with the term "DRM free". People who care so little about small time devs shouldn't humoured by them. Luckily (and ironically) thanks to DRM the devs and publishers are finally starting to realize how little "DRM free" means in actual sale numbers.
THIS. Any of the things stated that had anything remotely resembling validity by the DRM free people was ruined when they started comparing Steam to the Nazi party and when people who DIDN'T PAY FOR THE GAME wanted free DLC because they were so "morally" against DLC.
The most bizarre irony of it all is people demanding the game be on GOG and then bitching that no game with DLC be on GOG to give an "old-school experience" (even though most GOG games had expansion packs on their old physical retail releases, which was basically the physical equivalent of DLC!)
amok: when you say "us" you mean the about 5% of the gamers marked who care about DRM?
hedwards: Doesn't really matter, they promised that it would be for sale DRM free, and they had an obligation to do so. If it really is only 5% then they should just give us refunds because we aren't getting what we were promised.
I don't think it was promised to be for sale DRM free? but that backers would be able to get it DRM free?
SimonG: Hey, I did not know you could read minds!
Not reading minds, just reading :

I was reading the Kickstarter update and thought to check by GOG to see the shit flying. And I am not disappointed.
... not to mention that you never hid how much you loved with a passion those sort of threads.
SimonG: Hey, I did not know you could read minds!
Gersen: Not reading minds, just reading :

I was reading the Kickstarter update and thought to check by GOG to see the shit flying. And I am not disappointed.
Gersen: ... not to mention that you never hid how much you loved with a passion those sort of threads.
You must admit, they are fun :)

edit - god, I can not even spell "fun" correctly.
Post edited April 14, 2013 by amok
low rated
Gersen: ... not to mention that you never hid how much you loved with a passion those sort of threads.
Dude, I'm five clicks from bumping the THQ humble bundle thread!
low rated
SimonG: Dude, I'm five clicks from bumping the THQ humble bundle thread!
Bump the Omerta thread instead, good times
low rated
amok: You must admit, they are fun :
They are fun, because they are consequence free. Not for me (which is kinda reassuring, of course), but for the industry.
SimonG: Dude, I'm five clicks from bumping the THQ humble bundle thread!
jackalKnight: Bump the Omerta thread instead, good times
I wasn't part of it, just a lurker. But it was awesome. In a sad way. As much as I have my beef with CDP, I still like and respect GOG. Seeing how they ran into a corner with their marketing, is rather saddening. Let's just hope the forum is only a fraction of the actual customers.
Post edited April 14, 2013 by SimonG