It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

amok: DRM free through Steam distribution :)
That would honestly be the best way for them to tell people to stop worrying. No DRM on the executable in Steam, like a ton of other indie games. No one in their right mind could complain at that point.
Aningan: Pledge $15 or more

15502 backers

A Digital Downloadable copy of the game, DRM free on PC, Mac, or Linux + one totally sweet, exclusive desktop WALLPAPER for your PC, Mac, or mobile tablet.
Distribution through Steam is DRM. :)
low rated
Gonchi: Distribution through Steam is DRM. :)
Not always.
I wouldn't give my money to them if i knew they would do this. Shame on you HBS.
Yes and no. Games like Deus Ex (the original) are only downloaded via Steam, They do not require Steam to run.
low rated
Aningan: Pledge $15 or more

15502 backers

A Digital Downloadable copy of the game, DRM free on PC, Mac, or Linux + one totally sweet, exclusive desktop WALLPAPER for your PC, Mac, or mobile tablet.
And they still deliver a DRM free copy of the game through their homepage. Seriously people. You weren't that dense when I left here.
tajemniczybeton: GOG isn't only DRM free digital distribution platform.
Replace GOG with whatever else there is. DRM free is not a market worth pursuing for most developers. At least not initially. Once most of the bills are paid and the patching is done, you can still try to make a few bucks through a "DRM free" copy.
Post edited April 10, 2013 by SimonG
SimonG: And they still deliver a DRM free copy of the game through their homepage. Seriously people. You weren't that dense when I left here.
How was prison? :D

Jk

Wb
high rated
“A Digital Downloadable copy of the game, DRM free on PC, Mac, or Linux.”

Right, right, right, right.

DRM free doesn't mean "DRM Free without proper future support". People invested in supporting DRM Free initiatives should be carefull on where and what they spend their money because there's alot of people out there willing to capitalizae on the good will DRM free inititatives currently gather wthout any honest intentions of making good on what they advertise in terms of DRM or DRM Free.
low rated
SimonG: And they still deliver a DRM free copy of the game through their homepage. Seriously people. You weren't that dense when I left here.
the_bard: How was prison? :D

Jk

Wb
Sitting still hurts sometimes ...
Nice to see you again, Simon :)
low rated
Namur: DRM free doesn't mean "DRM Free without proper future support". People invested in supporting DRM Free initiatives should be carefull on where and what they spend their money because there's alot of people out there willing to capitalizae on the good will DRM free inititatives currently gather wthout any honest intentions of making good on what they advertise in terms of DRM or DRM Free.
You get the full game, patches and the stretch goal DRM free. Community features need an account (as the kickstarter page stated). And we still don't know if that game need Steam to run. Yet people act like Benedict Arnold is about to hand over West Point...
SimonG: Sitting still hurts sometimes ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNdmGiM0puM&sns=em
low rated
Barefoot_Monkey: Nice to see you again, Simon :)
Thanks. And to be honest, it is fun to dance the dance again. ;-)
silviucc: Yes and no. Games like Deus Ex (the original) are only downloaded via Steam, They do not require Steam to run.
So I can download it, get rid of Steam, back-up the game to an external HD and burn it to a DVD to install and play it whenever I want...?

SimonG: Replace GOG with whatever else there is. DRM free is not a market worth pursuing for most developers. At least not initially. Once most of the bills are paid and the patching is done, you can still try to make a few bucks through a "DRM free" copy.
So if it's so insignificant, why bother offering a DRM free version to being with? Perhaps they'll explain that when they get the new FAQ done.
Post edited April 10, 2013 by Gonchi
Gonchi: So I can download it, get rid of Steam, back-up the game to an external HD and burn it to a DVD to install and play it whenever I want...?
There are many games you can do this with on Steam, yes. We have a thread about it here on the boards you can look at. Many games qualify. Not sure Deus Ex does though, I remember that game requiring Steam to be running.