It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ultimate cosmic power has never been so near!

Wizardry 8, an epic conclusion to the Dark Savant saga, successfully transferring one of the most prominent classic RPG series into the realm of modern 3D graphics and featuring 200+ hours of challenging and diverse gameplay--DRM-free on GOG.com, for only $9.99

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/wizardry_8][/url]There's a reason gamers like to refer to the classic RPGs like Wizardry or Might and Magic series, as the games of the good old times. The transition from 2D sprite-based graphics into the realm of 3D marked a distinctive line after which role-play gaming was changed for ever, and in many cases not in the way fans hoped for. Wizardry 8 was one of the very few games, that achieved a great feat--it adopted to the new era of gaming without losing its original spirit and old-school charm. When released 9 years after the previous game in the series, It was praised for staying true to what made its predecessors great and memorable. This allowed all the fans of classic Wizardry games to experience the conclusion to the Dark Savant saga in the only way they would accept as true, while keeping up with the contemporary standards.

Wizardry 8 allows you to import your party from the previous game and complete the Dark Savant trilogy in the company of old friends.Offering yet another 200 or more hours of deep, original, and satisfying gameplay it was dubbed a worthy successor of the classic series, and a well written conclusion to the entire story. So, there you have it hardcore role-playing fans--paired with Wizardry 6+7 its a classic trilogy that takes about 700 hours total to beat. Isn't that simply mindblowing?

You cannot hide nor delete a legend! Complete one of the greatest RPG sagas in existence--the story of the Dark Savant--get Wizardry 8 for only $9.99 on GOG.com.
FIIINALLYYY!
Antimateria: I played some Wizardry in PS2 but it looked lot like else.. I mean 8.

I also say that in my country driving assholes cant do anything.. They just pissed me off.. I will need my socks, lighter and turkish peppers.
RevGalen: What? Never mind. I don't want to know.
Seems that.. Well never mind. =)
DeadlyRamon: (Pentium IV 1.4 GHz, 256 megabytes of RAM, a 32 gigabyte Geforce 2 3D card, Windows 98, onboard sound) was far below the Falcon standard, though it was great for that time.
CrowTRobo: That should be 32 megabyte GeForce, right? Otherwise that would be most impressive for 2001. :)

I think I was running it on an AthlonXP 1900, 256mb RAM and a Kyro 3D card - anyone remember those? The same chip used in the Dreamcast. Unfortunately due to financial reasons, I used this same setup for 7 years. The CPU was originally a 1500 but it died while under warranty. AMD sent me the 1900 as a replacement!
You're right, I goofed! A 32 gigabyte video card today would be a huge deal, as 6 gigabytes is the limit for the most top shelf gaming card (the Titan) at the moment. I obviously meant to say 32 megabytes of VRAM were on that Geforce 2 3D card.
Now the question is, should I dish out the cash for the Wizadry games now, or should I instead buy Atari published titles such as Masters of Orion 1 + 2, Master of Magic, and Total Annihilation because I'm afraid of them being pulled when Atari auctions off their IP's in July?

Perhaps I'm just too pessimistic?

Hmmm....
JinseiNGC224: Now the question is, should I dish out the cash for the Wizadry games now, or should I instead buy Atari published titles such as Masters of Orion 1 + 2, Master of Magic, and Total Annihilation because I'm afraid of them being pulled when Atari auctions off their IP's in July?

Perhaps I'm just too pessimistic?

Hmmm....
Why would the games be pulled from GOG? Not only is Atari having trouble getting an adequate price for its assets, but what exactly do you think might happen? Someone buys those assets and decides to price the game licenses higher? Still though, regardless which games you get, they are all winners and very entertaining. They are also all unique so go with the genre you find the most fun and get that first. The games are not going anywhere.
Should these games be removed from this service, would the downloads be invalidated, or would anything already on our computers still work?
brilliance: Should these games be removed from this service, would the downloads be invalidated, or would anything already on our computers still work?
If the games were removed from the catalog or even from your own GOG library, and you had downloaded them before, you would still be able to play them. That's why many users choose to download all their GOG games and back them up to multiple places, like burning the installers to a disc and/or putting them on an external hard drive. This is possible because all of the games on GOG are DRM-free. Anything that could ever happen to this site or business can never have an effect on the games you've already bought from here. There's nothing that ties them together. Hope that answers your question. :)
DrYaboll: IMO the Wizardry guys should kickstart a new project - make Wizardry 9 with today's graphics, while staying true to the original ambience.
They did. It's called "Shaker"
I'm so mad at myself that I didn't put an "engineer" class into my group... I'm not that far in the game and there are so many gadgets and thingies, everywhere! but all I see with my current group is "Access Denied" :(
Kunovski: I'm so mad at myself that I didn't put an "engineer" class into my group... I'm not that far in the game and there are so many gadgets and thingies, everywhere! but all I see with my current group is "Access Denied" :(
You can find one in Trynton. ;) And it's not engineer, but gadgeteer. :D
Where is Wizardry 1-5?
Kunovski: I'm so mad at myself that I didn't put an "engineer" class into my group... I'm not that far in the game and there are so many gadgets and thingies, everywhere! but all I see with my current group is "Access Denied" :(
triock: You can find one in Trynton. ;) And it's not engineer, but gadgeteer. :D
so I can go back and forth with this gadžetýr? I really want to know what do those computers in upper monastery do :D
triock: You can find one in Trynton. ;) And it's not engineer, but gadgeteer. :D
Kunovski: so I can go back and forth with this gadžetýr? I really want to know what do those computers in upper monastery do :D
Yup, you can have up to 2 NPC in your party and there's only a few locations they will refuse to go.
Post edited May 28, 2013 by triock
Kunovski: so I can go back and forth with this gadžetýr? I really want to know what do those computers in upper monastery do :D
triock: Yup, you can have up to 2 NPC in your party and there's only a few location they will refuse to go.
cool, so only my patience is now a problem :)
Protoss: Where is Wizardry 1-5?
Can we just not be happy with what is there instead of seeing the same complaints over and over again anytime a new title (or in this case titles) makes it here? Good god, GOG jst released #### game and inevitably there is the same old tired posts.....where is this other game, game looks like crap, when is this coming instead, I don't care for this, yadda yadda yadda.
Seriously, what goes thru some of your heads right before posting? Hope people who make posts like this don't see all aspects of their lives with a glass half empty mentality.

Didn't mean to target you but its only been a week since the game was released. Not only that, you've been on GOG for 4 years...how do you not know how things work around here by now?
Post edited May 28, 2013 by teshra