It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ultimate cosmic power has never been so near!

Wizardry 8, an epic conclusion to the Dark Savant saga, successfully transferring one of the most prominent classic RPG series into the realm of modern 3D graphics and featuring 200+ hours of challenging and diverse gameplay--DRM-free on GOG.com, for only $9.99

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/wizardry_8][/url]There's a reason gamers like to refer to the classic RPGs like Wizardry or Might and Magic series, as the games of the good old times. The transition from 2D sprite-based graphics into the realm of 3D marked a distinctive line after which role-play gaming was changed for ever, and in many cases not in the way fans hoped for. Wizardry 8 was one of the very few games, that achieved a great feat--it adopted to the new era of gaming without losing its original spirit and old-school charm. When released 9 years after the previous game in the series, It was praised for staying true to what made its predecessors great and memorable. This allowed all the fans of classic Wizardry games to experience the conclusion to the Dark Savant saga in the only way they would accept as true, while keeping up with the contemporary standards.

Wizardry 8 allows you to import your party from the previous game and complete the Dark Savant trilogy in the company of old friends.Offering yet another 200 or more hours of deep, original, and satisfying gameplay it was dubbed a worthy successor of the classic series, and a well written conclusion to the entire story. So, there you have it hardcore role-playing fans--paired with Wizardry 6+7 its a classic trilogy that takes about 700 hours total to beat. Isn't that simply mindblowing?

You cannot hide nor delete a legend! Complete one of the greatest RPG sagas in existence--the story of the Dark Savant--get Wizardry 8 for only $9.99 on GOG.com.
AWESOME @ Wizardry 8 hitting GOG. :D
Siannah: I prefer a Fallout 3 / NV (both considered hit games) that pisses off some self-proclaimed experts of the series, then no more Fallout's at all.

... then go ahead and check out Wizardry Online - you might revoke that opinion. :p
DCT: Don't have too, I already heard enough horror stories about it as well as gameplay.. I still hold that bethesda will still do a worse job since they will,based on what we seen them do with Fallout, just turn it into another Elder Scrolls or worse..
I'm sure Bethesda would probably make something that doesn't feel like Wizardry, making you play as one single character with poorly implemented real-time combat. Wizardry Online has both though, plus the issue that they make a huge deal about how hardcore it is because it has permanent death, and then put microtransaction items in the store that you can buy to make sure your character doesn't die, defeating the entire purpose of that system.
Alot of people are happy today :)
Ohhhhh, thank you GOG Team so much - Jagged Alliance 2 and Wizardry 8 were two best games I have played and played back in the day - SirTEch Co. knew how to make best games. They put so many details in the game world and they polished the games to the level that is hardly available in the last decade. Thank you GOG for making my day!
Oh, and BTW: there will be another good game in the near future that I would love to see here - Jagged Alliance Flashback just got funded!!
been waiting for this one for a long time. Thanks GOG!
Very interested in this: I loved the first and last games in the series, and I love hard, complex games, so I want to try the other six. I just hope the endgames of 6 and 7 are better than that of the otherwise-excellent 8. Will the first five games follow soon, and will they have the commands I heard about that allow you to resurrect dead parties and reset the dungeons and avoid the series's Roguelike tendencies?

Speaking of Kickstarter, I am interested in the new Space Quest and Leisure Suit Larry, and I hope Notch takes the hint and funds Psychonauts 2.

Anyone who likes tough, old R.P.G.s like these should check out Xenoblade Chronicles and Persona 3 and 4, all of which are unique and hard.
Post edited May 23, 2013 by brilliance
brilliance: Very interested in this: I loved the first and last games in the series, and I love hard, complex games, so I want to try the other six. I just hope the endgames of 6 and 7 are better than that of the otherwise-excellent 8.
6 is a concise storyline from start to finish, and though the endings are open, they're pretty satisfying. The plot of the game itself is resolved.
7 ends on... well it's not exactly a cliffhanger, but it's not a great "ending" either. As soon as I finish, I immediately want to start playing the entire game again.

Though the endings are fairly different, I found both 6 and 7 to have much more satisfying endings. (Even though they both left me wanting to play again.) In fact, 7's final stages and ending are so cool that I'm actually somewhat disappointed in how much more awesome Wizardry 8's story COULD have been.
Knowing that Sir Tech was in trouble at the time, I always suspected that the endings of Wiz8 were meant to be more developed than they actually were. Certainly, the 'evil' ending of Wiz8 has a more developed presentation, with a movie rather than just a floating voiceover; it seemed like they ran out of time/funds to polish the rest, and I heard chatter around the time (though I don't remember where or from who) that the Rapax invasion plot was originally meant to play out in more detail (with the Rapax assaulting other locations in force), and the T'rang/Umpani/Rapax/etc showing up on Ascension Peak for a big brawl toward the end.

Of course, technical limitations might also have been in the way of the latter elements, but it would have made the last area much more dramatic if those things had actually had the chance to play out.
Post edited May 23, 2013 by Garran
Nice to see that Gamepot is more willing to play ball than Square Enix.
Looks like the hours I spent planning my party were not in vain
Wow, GOG is really kicking out the jams this year, with what's apparently the "System Shock 2 of CRPGs".

After some tweaking I got this to work perfectly at full screen 1280x800 on my MacBook (in Wineskin using WS9Wine1.5.5 on OS X 10.7.4). Bravo to GOG for yet another incredible release.
Damn, you really did strike gold with the size of the home page banner. If the desired effect was pure awe, congratulations: as a fan of old games, my heart literally stopped for about 3 seconds, or so I felt, when I just opened GOG.com now and the name Wizardry filled my screen.

Myself, I played a lot of great old RPGs but never this particular series. Looks like opportunity finally arised.
Attachments:
Post edited May 24, 2013 by RafaelLopez
DeadlyRamon: Full disclosure: I recently purchased a Falcon NW pc, it should be arriving any day now, so I am admittedly an unabashed Falcon fanboy.
They are still around?!? Wow, I'm impressed. I remember seeing their ads in Computer Gaming World back in 93-94. Always wanted one of their systems but they were so expensive.

Kunovski: and I forgot that W8 not only doesn't have any "safe" zones in it, but also has respawning? aargh, and I just bought it. guess I'll have to stop being a chicken and play it in spite of these conditions...
Heh, wait until you get to the tree-top area. You can't take 5 steps without facing a group of hornets (or was it mosquitos?). That area would piss me off.

Excellent releases! I've only played Wizardry 8 which I really enjoyed. Made me want to check out 7 in order to have more background regarding 8's story. Now I'll get to play the whole trilogy!
DeadlyRamon: Full disclosure: I recently purchased a Falcon NW pc, it should be arriving any day now, so I am admittedly an unabashed Falcon fanboy.
CrowTRobo: They are still around?!? Wow, I'm impressed. I remember seeing their ads in Computer Gaming World back in 93-94. Always wanted one of their systems but they were so expensive.

Kunovski: and I forgot that W8 not only doesn't have any "safe" zones in it, but also has respawning? aargh, and I just bought it. guess I'll have to stop being a chicken and play it in spite of these conditions...
CrowTRobo: Heh, wait until you get to the tree-top area. You can't take 5 steps without facing a group of hornets (or was it mosquitos?). That area would piss me off.

Excellent releases! I've only played Wizardry 8 which I really enjoyed. Made me want to check out 7 in order to have more background regarding 8's story. Now I'll get to play the whole trilogy!
All this talk of the games, really makes them sound larger than life.

Also, kudos on the MST3K display pic. ^_^
This really has been a remarkably strong month, never thought we'd see any Wizardry games on here. Chaos Overlords next week is icing on the cake.