It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ultimate cosmic power has never been so near!

Wizardry 8, an epic conclusion to the Dark Savant saga, successfully transferring one of the most prominent classic RPG series into the realm of modern 3D graphics and featuring 200+ hours of challenging and diverse gameplay--DRM-free on GOG.com, for only $9.99

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/wizardry_8][/url]There's a reason gamers like to refer to the classic RPGs like Wizardry or Might and Magic series, as the games of the good old times. The transition from 2D sprite-based graphics into the realm of 3D marked a distinctive line after which role-play gaming was changed for ever, and in many cases not in the way fans hoped for. Wizardry 8 was one of the very few games, that achieved a great feat--it adopted to the new era of gaming without losing its original spirit and old-school charm. When released 9 years after the previous game in the series, It was praised for staying true to what made its predecessors great and memorable. This allowed all the fans of classic Wizardry games to experience the conclusion to the Dark Savant saga in the only way they would accept as true, while keeping up with the contemporary standards.

Wizardry 8 allows you to import your party from the previous game and complete the Dark Savant trilogy in the company of old friends.Offering yet another 200 or more hours of deep, original, and satisfying gameplay it was dubbed a worthy successor of the classic series, and a well written conclusion to the entire story. So, there you have it hardcore role-playing fans--paired with Wizardry 6+7 its a classic trilogy that takes about 700 hours total to beat. Isn't that simply mindblowing?

You cannot hide nor delete a legend! Complete one of the greatest RPG sagas in existence--the story of the Dark Savant--get Wizardry 8 for only $9.99 on GOG.com.
Very nice! Finally have an opportunity to play this.
tinyE: Not my thing at all, but a nice and much needed addition to the GOG catalogue. I liken it to the song Tom Sawyer. Sure it may not be your favorite Rush song, and you certainly don't go to the concert to hear it, but if they weren't to play it you'd feel somehow hollow and or incomplete.
A modern day warrior
Mean, mean stride
Today's GOG user
Mean, mean pride

Though his mind is not for rent.
It's been blown at the present
His gaming budget completely spent
Riding out GOG's release events
The games!
mondo84: A modern day warrior
Mean, mean stride
Today's GOG user
Mean, mean pride

Though his mind is not for rent.
It's been blown at the present
His gaming budget completely spent
Riding out GOG's release events
The games!
So Roman5 has haxxed into mondo84's account apparently. ;-)
grviper: 7 is an extra dose of tough., if memory serves See, there are AI adventurer parties in the game, and they can raid dungeons and loot them of plot mcguffins.
Fortunately, the only thing they can actually acquire is the maps. So all you really miss out on is some XP for finding the map yourself. Since the maps are generally super-obscure anyway, you can probably do without them even on your first try. Of course, I definitely recommend buying them from the wandering NPCs if you see them.

The only map you actually HAVE to physically have in your possession to beat the game is the *LEGEND* map. Though the puzzle the *DRAGON* map provides clues for has so many combinations that you probably need that one too. Fortunately *DRAGON* is pretty much the most straightforward of them, so it's not too bad, and if you're clever you can actually acquire the key to get to it pretty early.

Personally I really like the wandering NPCs, because they generally behave differently every game and they add another layer of depth to the world. It's nice to not be the ONLY group of people on the planet that can actually have an effect on things, and I love hearing the rumors of who's been fighting and killing whom across the land.

EDIT: Sorry, it's the *CRYSTAL* map that's the useful-but-not-mandatory one that's also thankfully straightforward. Sadly, this is the one map that virtually ALWAYS gets pillaged long before you can get to it, either by Kymas or D'rang, so keep an eye out for it.
Post edited May 23, 2013 by bevinator
grviper: 7 is an extra dose of tough., if memory serves See, there are AI adventurer parties in the game, and they can raid dungeons and loot them of plot mcguffins.
bevinator: Fortunately, the only thing they can actually acquire is the maps. So all you really miss out on is some XP for finding the map yourself. Since the maps are generally super-obscure anyway, you can probably do without them even on your first try. Of course, I definitely recommend buying them from the wandering NPCs if you see them.

The only map you actually HAVE to physically have in your possession to beat the game is the *LEGEND* map. Though the puzzle the *DRAGON* map provides clues for has so many combinations that you probably need that one too. Fortunately *DRAGON* is pretty much the most straightforward of them, so it's not too bad, and if you're clever you can actually acquire the key to get to it pretty early.

Personally I really like the wandering NPCs, because they generally behave differently every game and they add another layer of depth to the world. It's nice to not be the ONLY group of people on the planet that can actually have an effect on things, and I love hearing the rumors of who's been fighting and killing whom across the land.
So want!!! :D
Darvond: I didn't know that? What was with the name change? Could they not manage to secure/remember his last name?
JMich: Different character. Larry Laffer's nephew. Larry Laffer is also in the game.
That's not confusing at all.
wolfsite: Loved playing this game when it first came out...... loved playing the whole series to be honest...... only sad thing about Wizardry 8 was that there was no Wizardry 9........... I really want Wizardry 9
Just give a call to Bethesda. They will make sure to bastardize it. :P
Pretty sweet surprise.
Somebody give GOG all the internets for this release! :)
wolfsite: Loved playing this game when it first came out...... loved playing the whole series to be honest...... only sad thing about Wizardry 8 was that there was no Wizardry 9........... I really want Wizardry 9
Buenro-games: Just give a call to Bethesda. They will make sure to bastardize it. :P
eh the company that owns the rights now already beaten them to the punch..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrJ-7cgLlog

Okay maybe I'm being a bit hard on them, there not terrible at least the few I checked out but they don't feel like Wizardry and not because of the Anime graphics either I could care less what art style it uses and it's also not because there from Japan either I tried out some of the Wizardry Gaidens and other Japan only Wizardry spin offs done back when Sir Tech still owned the series and alot of them were damn good, but they just feel not only big step backs from 6-8 as they are straight dungeon crawls like 1-5 were, but they also just lack what made wizardry special there not difficult or really that challenging, the rule system they use just feels weak and not as deep as the originals. Really they feel to me more like Shinning in the Dark and Shinning the Holy ark then a proper Wizardry.

Plus I'm sure Bethesda would do a even worse job with the series but still.
Post edited May 23, 2013 by DCT
My mind is blown. Indeed, as you promised. This seems to be a pattern in which usually we will get a string of indies and some obscure titles from the past, then KABOOM! Here comes a biggie! Well played indeed.
Not that I mind all the indies as some of them are excellent such as the Spiderweb games, the Eschalon games and many of the other classic styles indies here (There are a few clunkers as well, although tastes are different so those are probably enjoyed by many people as well) but many people are here for the classics, and this time GOG really did an amazing job with a VERY elusive series, and some of the games that are essential.
Post edited May 23, 2013 by ZapMcRaygunn
You guys still looking for a nice manual. The document hosting website Scribid has what looks like a nice scanned copy.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/80571640/Wizardry-8-Manual

Edit: Okay folks, just realized there is this whole premium thing attached to accessing the scribd files. But have no fear, since this is the internet and there is always more than one way to skin a cat, here is that same file in it's entirety without having to annoyingly become a member if you don't want to.

http://www.slashdocs.com/wzmyt/wizardry-8-manual.html

The little dark box within a hollow box on the lower right turns the fullpage view on and just scroll down and see the entire document. Not bad for a scanned one.

Enjoy.
Post edited May 23, 2013 by Buenro-games
I really want to be excited for this release...but never playing Wizardry I'm not feeling it. Oh well, I bought both of them and Unepic. Just two more games from this weekend promo and I'll be set for this summer.
Buenro-games: Just give a call to Bethesda. They will make sure to bastardize it. :P
I prefer a Fallout 3 / NV (both considered hit games) that pisses off some self-proclaimed experts of the series, then no more Fallout's at all.

DCT: Plus I'm sure Bethesda would do a even worse job with the series but still.
... then go ahead and check out Wizardry Online - you might revoke that opinion. :p
Siannah: I prefer a Fallout 3 / NV (both considered hit games) that pisses off some self-proclaimed experts of the series, then no more Fallout's at all.

DCT: Plus I'm sure Bethesda would do a even worse job with the series but still.
Siannah: ... then go ahead and check out Wizardry Online - you might revoke that opinion. :p
Don't have too, I already heard enough horror stories about it as well as gameplay.. I still hold that bethesda will still do a worse job since they will,based on what we seen them do with Fallout, just turn it into another Elder Scrolls or worse..