It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ultimate cosmic power has never been so near!

Wizardry 8, an epic conclusion to the Dark Savant saga, successfully transferring one of the most prominent classic RPG series into the realm of modern 3D graphics and featuring 200+ hours of challenging and diverse gameplay--DRM-free on GOG.com, for only $9.99

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/wizardry_8][/url]There's a reason gamers like to refer to the classic RPGs like Wizardry or Might and Magic series, as the games of the good old times. The transition from 2D sprite-based graphics into the realm of 3D marked a distinctive line after which role-play gaming was changed for ever, and in many cases not in the way fans hoped for. Wizardry 8 was one of the very few games, that achieved a great feat--it adopted to the new era of gaming without losing its original spirit and old-school charm. When released 9 years after the previous game in the series, It was praised for staying true to what made its predecessors great and memorable. This allowed all the fans of classic Wizardry games to experience the conclusion to the Dark Savant saga in the only way they would accept as true, while keeping up with the contemporary standards.

Wizardry 8 allows you to import your party from the previous game and complete the Dark Savant trilogy in the company of old friends.Offering yet another 200 or more hours of deep, original, and satisfying gameplay it was dubbed a worthy successor of the classic series, and a well written conclusion to the entire story. So, there you have it hardcore role-playing fans--paired with Wizardry 6+7 its a classic trilogy that takes about 700 hours total to beat. Isn't that simply mindblowing?

You cannot hide nor delete a legend! Complete one of the greatest RPG sagas in existence--the story of the Dark Savant--get Wizardry 8 for only $9.99 on GOG.com.
I get the feeling that this is a big deal. Maybe it's because of the huge banner like they had for System Shock 2. How come then I only know this game's name from the GOG forums and nothing else about it?
Your GOG Wish is granted? Nice!
Post edited May 23, 2013 by JMich
grviper: There's one underwater monster you're pretty much supposed to avoid the first time you meet it.
jadeite: I is? I usually killed it. I avoided the Hogar on Arnika Road, though.
Yep, Hogar might be a problem on lower levels, but once you level up a little bit, it's easy. ;)
Or just use some Fairy dust on him. :D
Just wait for people on the forums to reach the Ratkin breeder fight.
So does this mean we also get Wizards & Warriors? Would be nice, I liked it more then Wizardry 8, even if that labels me a heretic.
hunvagy: So does this mean we also get Wizards & Warriors? Would be nice, I liked it more then Wizardry 8, even if that labels me a heretic.
It's Activision so no reason not, it doesn't like modern Windows much though.
It's a one-time thing, not a standard feature (e.g. I didn't get one for Anvil of Dawn). But nice.
Starmaker: It's a one-time thing, not a standard feature (e.g. I didn't get one for Anvil of Dawn). But nice.
Or it could have just been implemented. Let's see if it happens with Chaos Overlords as well.
Excellent release! Added to wishlist!
JogsterXL: Excellent release! Added to wishlist!
No wishlist, buy it! NOW!!! :P
wolfsite: Loved playing this game when it first came out...... loved playing the whole series to be honest...... only sad thing about Wizardry 8 was that there was no Wizardry 9........... I really want Wizardry 9
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/grimoire_heralds_of_the_winged_exemplar
So I purchased my copy as well, but I have to tell I am really disappointed about Game Manuals quality. One is scanned by drunk man, every page has a bit different direction and the "print friendly" manual got very poor quality of pictures. What about taking one afternoon, take the best from both and put it into acceptable version.

I know it's only a manual, but I expected better work from you guys, -1 for this.
Some alliteration to commemorate this day:

Great get GOG!
hunvagy: So does this mean we also get Wizards & Warriors? Would be nice, I liked it more then Wizardry 8, even if that labels me a heretic.
Crosmando: It's Activision so no reason not, it doesn't like modern Windows much though.
http://www.jeffludwig.com/wizardswarriors/download.php#mod

Further down at installation instructions. Helped me quite a bit, made it work in Win7 without problems. :) The mod is just an added bonus, if one so desires.
Yep i found this a neat touch too :)