It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A legendary RPG classic of mind-blowing proportions.

Wizardry 6+7, a pack of two DOS-era RPG games with first-person perspective, grid-based movement, huge gameworlds, and way over 500 hours of hard-core gameplay in total, is available on GOG.com, for only $5.99.

Some say that a quill is more powerful than the sword. In most cases they can be proved wrong by a any hot-tempered, half-naked barbarian wielding a crude two-handed blade. In this case, however, we're talking about a quill that is the most powerful artifact in the whole universe. It's called The Cosmic Forge, for it has the ability to rewrite reality itself, making its wielder omnipotent. This is what's at stake, at this is what you'll be after. But as if laying your hands on this treasure wasn't difficult enough, there's an ominous force hiding in the shadows, trying to reach the goal before you do and turning the whole of the world against you. All this is but the main thread in the epic campaign bringing together fantasy and Sci-Fi in a world that could have only be spawned to existence in the early 1990s. Behold the first two games in the Dark Savant trilogy!

Wizardry 6+7 bundles together Wizardry 6: The Cosmic Forge and Wizardry 7: Crusaders of the Dark Savant to bring you over 500 hours of challenging gameplay that defined what we now call classic computer RPG. Once you create your party of brave adventurers, recruited among the most fantastic races and taking on some of the most awesome professions, prepare to spend a whole lot of time with them, as you'll be taking them from the first game in the trilogy up to the last one. This is a challenging game, the one the [url=http://www.rpgcodex.net" target="_blank]RPG codex[/url] might have warned you about, so prepare for something you have never experienced before--or, if you played it back in the day, to relive some of your best gaming memories. With tons of content and old-school goodness it's a piece of gaming history you just need to have in your collection.

Are you ready? If you think you can handle a game so huge, or you simply want to forget about the world for weeks, or even months, grab Wizardry 6+7 for only $5.99.

Oh, and by the way: Wizardry 7: Crusaders of the Dark Savant comes in two versions in this package: the original DOS release, and the revamped Windows Wizardry GOLD edition. The choice is yours!
Gazoinks: Oh, awesome. I was playing Wizardry VI a while ago and it's definitely one of those good but clunky old-school games. I love the whole class system. Hate those stupid mines though. >.> That single tileset got repetitive, too. Anyway, I recommend them for anyone who doesn't mind old-school clunkiness with a chewy center. I highly recommend downloading the Cosmic Forge Editor and applying the patch that makes you get higher bonuses in character creation. Since people recommend you reroll 'till you get high bonuses anyway it makes it less tedious.

What's the difference 'tween Gold and DOS?
Not much outside of ui changes, voice and portrait changes there isn't much of a diffrence
Post edited May 23, 2013 by DCT
Could someone tell me, the version number of wizardry 7 for dos in this release?
Wishlisted.
Was this posted anywhere here yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIRFXi344rI
You legends!! Very happy to be able to play these again.
wolfsite: There is a GOG.
And his name is GOG. :)
I just want to give you a huge thanks for getting the Wizardry games here GOG. I really look forward to playing them again. You rule! :D
I just come on to check if GOG gets new games, and I see Wizardry 8 on the front page, and they also have 6-7. HOLY. F***. YES. I have wanted Wizardry on GOG since I first signed up, and the fact they have 6-8 means it's likely they will also get 1-5. The Wizardry games are hard as hell (though 3's needing two parties more or less is BS, and 4 is just psychotic), but very good games that are definitely worth checking out if you're a fan of old-school RPGs, curious to see how RPGs today got their start, or if you like games whose difficulty level wants to break you like a Kit-Kat bar.

(Seriously, I have not been this excited over a GOG release since System Shock 2.)
Awesome. Finally the wishlist paid off. Thank you.
Roman5: So what happened with the first 5 Wizardry games, when are we going to get them here?

I have having incomplete series on GOG
is there some script which automatically downvotes your posts?
First off. I posted a review thinking 7 was 8.

Now that I've played 7 I think I would have chased everyone way from 6 & 7 and told them to go straight for 8.

7 is just like Lands of Lore and a few others on GOG but with horrible screen size options!

That being said - Apparently 'Mad *somebodies* mod has already been applied to the DOS version of 7 in GOG's release because adding it did not change a thing.

I wanted the cleaned-up experience in the Windows version but, for the life of me, don't know how to make the screen bigger (big enough to cover at least 75% of my 16:9 monitor) and it's either poor graphics full screen or decent graphics through a window the size of a Nintendo DS.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Also, not sure if I'm remembering correctly but I didn't have this resolution issue with the ISO a few years back....
Bane of the Cosmic Forge was my first foray into the Wizardry series. Great to see it on GoG.
YES! Thank you, GOG! Wizardry 7 is a game from my childhood that I hold very dear. I spent many hours watching my dad play this, and although we never got very far, we had a lot of fun, so this release means a lot to me.
I totally want to play these, but I have to ask: how many of those 700 hours am I going to spend grinding?
NotJabba: I totally want to play these, but I have to ask: how many of those 700 hours am I going to spend grinding?
You do not need to "grind" in Wizardry 6 or 7 to finish the game, as in you don't need to re-fight encounters in areas already explored to get more XP, you can play through the game and fight every encounter (random or otherwise) as you progress through the world without having to stick around in explored areas looking for more monsters to kill. But you can if you want to, and Wizardry 7 in particular is designed so that the player can overlevel the content if they desire, there's no level-cap like D&D games with incremental scaling of monster areas, and you can powergame the crap out of the game if you want.