It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A true role-playing platformer experience that will unleash your inner munchkin.

Unepic, an awesome RPG/platformer full of loot, monsters, dungeons, and lots of nerd culture-based humor showing just how fun tabletop role-playing might get, is available 50% off on GOG.com. That's only $4.99 for the first week.

Daniel was one of those guys, who will argue with everyone for a chance to re-roll their character's stats. He would secretly add "+1"s to his equipment sheet when nobody was looking. Sometimes, he would "accidentally" knock down a cup of Slurpee on the table just to rearrange the characters setting on the map. And, boy, was he good at it! Maybe he had superior stealth stats and no one ever noticed his meddling, or maybe everyone thought that arguing with "that guy" was pointless. The important thing was: Daniel rocked tabletop role-playing. At least in his own opinion. But then, one dark night, as he left the table only for a moment, he was transported into a dark and ominous castle taken straight from a Game Master's most sadistic dream. Daniel would have to muster all of his skills and tricks to handle this ordeal. But, after all, he WAS the ultimate munchkin!

Unepic is a exploration and loot-based fantasy platformer that in its core is the ultimate tribute to pen-and-paper role-playing and nerdom. The number of times the game winks at fantasy gaming fans, TV show followers, bookworms, and gamers is simply uncountable. You will explore a huge set of dangerous stages with varied environments, vast selection of monsters, and even more incredible equipment to find and utilize against your foes. The GOG.com version even comes with some exclusive items, unavailable anywhere else!

If the way of the munchkin is your preferred approach to tabletop RPGs, if you appreciate nerd-culture references, if you love loot above everything else, it's time for you to start exploring the realm of Unepic, for only $4.99 on GOG.com! The launch offer lasts until Tuesday, May 28, at 9:59AM GMT.
Keep it civil you two; I'll turn this car around right now I kid you not!
For a game called "Unepic" it's pretty freaking epic.
tinyE: Keep it civil you two; I'll turn this car around right now I kid you not!
Aw, come on, we both know it's too far gone to go back now. Your threats won't work.

And regarding how far it's gone... how come you're vatican city now? For a god fearing folk you chose a weird place. And did you carry your inn on your backpack?
tinyE: Keep it civil you two; I'll turn this car around right now I kid you not!
P1na: Aw, come on, we both know it's too far gone to go back now. Your threats won't work.

And regarding how far it's gone... how come you're vatican city now? For a god fearing folk you chose a weird place. And did you carry your inn on your backpack?
I've tried making amends with the folks who don't me, honestly, but I'm the only one here with an olive branch. Alas I've decided to try to convince them I'm the Pope. Hopefully that will work. If not I'll change it to 'Playboy Mansion'.
tinyE: I've tried making amends with the folks who don't me, honestly, but I'm the only one here with an olive branch. Alas I've decided to try to convince them I'm the Pope. Hopefully that will work. If not I'll change it to 'Playboy Mansion'.
Well, if you manage to convince me that you're the pope I'll be the one downrepping you, so don't try too hard.
tinyE: I've tried making amends with the folks who don't me, honestly, but I'm the only one here with an olive branch. Alas I've decided to try to convince them I'm the Pope. Hopefully that will work. If not I'll change it to 'Playboy Mansion'.
P1na: Well, if you manage to convince me that you're the pope I'll be the one downrepping you, so don't try too hard.
XD I don't care about rep, I just don't like animosity. Shit, derep me all you want; I'm cool so long as I know that when you see me in here your first thought isn't, "Shoot me!" :P

But enough of this bullshit, this thread is about UnEpic. Lets all talk about this game and be groovy.
Post edited May 28, 2013 by tinyE
tinyE: XD I don't care about rep, I just don't like animosity. Shit, derep me all you want; I'm cool so long as I know that when you see me in here your first thought isn't, "Shoot me!" :P

But enough of this bullshit, this thread is about UnEpic. Lets all talk about this game and be groovy.
Sure, let's talk this game. I have yet to beat it, I've been stuck right at the end for a month or two. I'm playing the hardest setting, because I was tempted by the extra skill points, and I don't seem to manage killing the final boss. I get to him, which is no small feat, but I haven't succeeded killing him yet. I used to do a couple runs a day, but I slowly drifted away and did less and less tries, and now I wonder when I'll finally get to finishing it.

But the introduction of the final boss was really fun
tinyE: XD I don't care about rep, I just don't like animosity. Shit, derep me all you want; I'm cool so long as I know that when you see me in here your first thought isn't, "Shoot me!" :P

P1na: Sure, let's talk this game. I have yet to beat it, I've been stuck right at the end for a month or two. I'm playing the hardest setting, because I was tempted by the extra skill points, and I don't seem to manage killing the final boss. I get to him, which is no small feat, but I haven't succeeded killing him yet. I used to do a couple runs a day, but I slowly drifted away and did less and less tries, and now I wonder when I'll finally get to finishing it.

But the introduction of the final boss was really fun
I've only just played the beginning. I'll get into full time when I finish the Settlers series, and then Unreal 1 & 2, and then Fallout 2, Beyond Divinity, Driftmoon, Lionheart, Silver, etc etc etc...
tinyE: I've only just played the beginning. I'll get into full time when I finish the Settlers series, and then Unreal 1 & 2, and then Fallout 2, Beyond Divinity, Driftmoon, Lionheart, Silver, etc etc etc...
So, about Friday then?
Telika: ...
The protagonist is a teenager so yeah, he'll have a different outlook then someone who is in his late twenties or thirties.

As someone who has worked with teenagers more than most, I found it amusing to see your average slightly immature teenage guy protagonist being propelled into an epic fantasy quest.

I mean, in many action/fantasy games or movies, you see grown men behaving like teenagers at least half the time which is infuriating to me (grown men are not teenagers).

Here, the teenage behavior actually makes sense and is a fine opportunity to laugh a little at the outlook of many teenage guys.
Post edited May 29, 2013 by Magnitus
I have a question regarding updates further than v1.43.3: My friend bought the game somewhere else (I think it was Steam) and god options for a 16+/12 game, multiplayer game and several other titles. I think the version is 1.46 or something like that.
Will this update come to GOG.com as well?
Same Question. On Steam -- as well as on the official website -- the game is at version 1.43.10. On GOG its still on 1.43.3. Is there hope?
NickRivers: Same Question. On Steam -- as well as on the official website -- the game is at version 1.43.10. On GOG its still on 1.43.3. Is there hope?
yeah same question... 1.45 brought proper controller support and I really need this patch....
NickRivers: Same Question. On Steam -- as well as on the official website -- the game is at version 1.43.10. On GOG its still on 1.43.3. Is there hope?
jpax: yeah same question... 1.45 brought proper controller support and I really need this patch....
http://www.gog.com/forum/unepic/unepic_has_been_updated_to_version_144
jpax: yeah same question... 1.45 brought proper controller support and I really need this patch....
JudasIscariot: http://www.gog.com/forum/unepic/unepic_has_been_updated_to_version_144
but thats 1.44, not 1.45 ;)