It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Escape to the fantastic lands!

Two Worlds 2 Epic Edition, a vast fantasy realm full of danger and adventure for you to explore and conquer, is available 50% off on GOG.com. That's only $9.99 for the first week!

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/two_worlds_2_epic_edition][/url]Reality--it can be such a drag, right? Just how many times you think you'd love to escape to some imaginary land when everything is simpler and more exciting? Thanks to the modern magic of computer games, you can do just that. Among the fantastic realms created by game developers, the one you'll get to explore in Two Worlds 2 Epic Edition stands out thanks to its size, complexity, and the number of different things you can do as your digital heroic alternate self. If you're the escapist type this one will most certainly live up to your expectations.

In Two Worlds 2 you can ride on horseback, craft items, forge weapons and armor, and even brew potions.The game offers a diverse landscape of forests, deserts, swamps, seashores, cities, and fields, venturing deep into forgotten caverns and dungeons. The way you develop your character is entirely left to your decision. Combine the skills of a ranger, a mage, and a warrior, balancing the focus and creating your own perfect build. The Epic Edition offered on GOG.com includes the original Two Worlds II, the Pirates of the Flying Fortress expansion, and Two Worlds II: Castle Defense.

A whole new life in a fantastic realm far, far away is now well within your reach. Get Two Worlds 2 Epic Edition, for only $9.99 on GOG.com! The release promo offer lasts until Thursday, May 2, at 9:59AM GMT.
Fesin: ...
Fesin: TES is the prime example of vanilla games that are just boring and almost unplayable in their unmodded form. In fact, the entire series seems to be based around the developer giving you only the bare minimum of a game, and you have to mod everything you want in yourself.
is what tipped me off. 'In fact' would be the exact opposite of 'IMO'.
Fesin: TES is the prime example of vanilla games that are just boring and almost unplayable in their unmodded form. In fact, the entire series seems to be based around the developer giving you only the bare minimum of a game, and you have to mod everything you want in yourself.
Fenixp: is what tipped me off. 'In fact' would be the exact opposite of 'IMO'.
But if you look at my quote, you see that immediately afterwards I used a subjunctive ("seems to be"), where I make an assumption based on my experience.
Also I think "in fact" can be argued as being also a figure of speech, and not necessarily be taken literally. But maybe it wasn't the best choice of words, I'll give you that.

If you like the TES series, be my guest, I don't want to piss on anybody's taste. I also said that I think Skyrim is a decent game, even unmodded, so the series is definitely going in the right direction.
But it just utilizes many gameplay elements I'm really not fond of, and that's exactly the reason why I love that you can mod it so heavily (disclaimer: I don't mod myself, but pretty much everything you could want is already done by others anyway).
Fesin: ...
You're right, I just get touchy on this subject when anjohl is around *shudders*
Fenixp: You're right, I just get touchy on this subject when anjohl is around *shudders*
Don't worry. I can understand that, he says some strange stuff if the day's too long.
Fenixp: You're right, I just get touchy on this subject when anjohl is around *shudders*
Fesin: Don't worry. I can understand that, he says some strange stuff if the day's too long.
I love both of you too ;)
anjohl: What sickness do you people have that your FIRST IMPULSE is to alter the game before playing it?! I find the whole concept sickening.
Who cares what the developers want? I play games for fun, if mods make it better than it's better. End of story, no sickness. If someone wants to be fanatical about playing the game "as originally intended" then by all means do.
These games were made for modding
and that's just what I'll do
One of these days these games
I'm going to mod just for you :P

(reference: These Boots Are Made For Walking )

Seriously speaking, though, why not let everyone do their own thing with a game? :D
Post edited May 06, 2013 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: These games were made for modding

Seriously speaking, though, why not let everyone do their own thing with a game? :D
Please don't dress like Nancy Sinatra! ;-;

Theta_Sigma: Please don't dress like Nancy Sinatra! ;-;
Sure...

It'll cost you 30 silvers though :P
Theta_Sigma: Please don't dress like Nancy Sinatra! ;-;
JudasIscariot: Sure...

I only got 3.50. :P
JudasIscariot: Sure...

Theta_Sigma: I only got 3.50. :P
Only tree fiddy? Hmmmm :P

The issue is that people ASSUME that mods make a game better, and do not play the game as intended, to experience the message as intended FIRST. As I said previously, mod all you want, though I have never played a mod that was commercial quality, but do so after putting several hundred hours through on the game as intended first.

anjohl: The issue is that people ASSUME that mods make a game better, and do not play the game as intended, to experience the message as intended FIRST. As I said previously, mod all you want, though I have never played a mod that was commercial quality, but do so after putting several hundred hours through on the game as intended first.
No. I have better things to do with my several hundred hours.
Theta_Sigma: I only got 3.50. :P
JudasIscariot: Only tree fiddy? Hmmmm :P
Waaaaaait, you're not the Loch Ness Monster, are you?
JudasIscariot: Only tree fiddy? Hmmmm :P
Theta_Sigma: Waaaaaait, you're not the Loch Ness Monster, are you?
Yes! You meddling kids and your dog have finally found me out! :O