It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mother Earth needs YOU, pilot.

Strike Suit Zero, a visually stunning revival of space combat sim genre, with many fresh gameplay ideas, featuring dynamic action, sleek spacecraft design, and mindblowing music, is now available on GOG.com, 20% off. That's only $15.99, this week only!

The story is simple: evil forces armed with an alien relic attack the Earth and destroy almost entire U.N.E. fleet. You, a disgraced pilot named Adams, are the only force standing between the Colonials and annihilation of our homeworld. Sure it's a story you've heard before, but none of those stories offered you a chance to unleash the power of the Strike Suit. You, destroying entire fleets almost single-handedly--it's that kind of story.

Strike Suit Zero balances between simulation and arcade shooter and manages to create a fantastic combat experience. In the first few levels you pilot a "normal" starfighter--a one you'd expect from a space combat sim. However, it's the Strike Suit that allows the game to fully shine, offering a sense of empowerment like no other space sim and allowing you to eradicate your opponents with a flurry of deadly missiles and triumph over enemy forces that outnumber you 10 to 1. It is fairly difficult but not unfair, as mouse + keyboard controls work intuitively, until you grab a recommended joystick, of course :) Both space-sim fans and more "casual" gamers will enjoy the hell out of setting the space skies on fire.

If you're worried about not getting DLCs with the GOG.com version, then stop. All users who purchase the game or a gift code within the first month will get the DLC-pack for free. Yes. More death-dealing space mechs are coming!

Missing that unpaired rush of adrenaline one can only get from dogfighting enemy fighters in the depths of space? Don't hesitate to join the U.N.E. Fleet, get Strike Suit Zero today, for only $15.99! The discount will last until Thursday, January 31, 1:29PM GMT.
GMMan: Should I get the $30 top up for DLCs from the dev's site or will I get screwed over because they'll give me Steam keys only and forget about GOG?
Probably not, since GOG does say DLC will be included when it is released:
GOG.com: If you're worried about not getting DLCs with the GOG.com version, then stop. All users who purchase the game or a gift code within the first month will get the DLC-pack for free. Yes. More death-dealing space mechs are coming!
cirious_november: so gog doesnt have the soundtrack of the game yet? :\
The problem is, the soundtrack got released at its own price point and included in the steam collection edition (price adjusted upwards for it). Since GOG has only the game, i can assume if we get the soundtrack for free (as gog doesnt sell soundtracks alone by themselves but included usually as a 'freebie'), it wont be until the game has been out a fair while down the road....
GMMan: Should I get the $30 top up for DLCs from the dev's site or will I get screwed over because they'll give me Steam keys only and forget about GOG?
cogadh: Probably not, since GOG does say DLC will be included when it is released:
GOG.com: If you're worried about not getting DLCs with the GOG.com version, then stop. All users who purchase the game or a gift code within the first month will get the DLC-pack for free. Yes. More death-dealing space mechs are coming!
cogadh:
"If you're worried about not getting DLCs with the GOG.com version, then stop. All users who purchase the game or a gift code within the first month will get the DLC-pack for free. Yes. More death-dealing space mechs are coming!"
The only problem is, when they say DLC pack, does that mean all future dlc? Or just first/second?. No idea how much dlc the game will get.......
Post edited January 28, 2013 by nijuu
nijuu: The only problem is, when they say DLC pack, does that mean all future dlc? Or just first/second?. No idea how much dlc the game will get.......
I suppose so, but I understand it as a limited time offer that gives a "season pass" for the DLC, if we buy it in the first month. If we buy the game later, the DLC will cost us whatever they sell it for. To my knowledge, they only really have one DLC extra planned, and that is just more mechs. It doesn't really matter much right now anyway, BRG took the website store down and is directing people to Steam, GOG, GMG, etc. to get the game and none of those outlets are selling any kind of DLC pre-purchase.
nijuu: The only problem is, when they say DLC pack, does that mean all future dlc? Or just first/second?. No idea how much dlc the game will get.......
cogadh: I suppose so, but I understand it as a limited time offer that gives a "season pass" for the DLC, if we buy it in the first month. If we buy the game later, the DLC will cost us whatever they sell it for. To my knowledge, they only really have one DLC extra planned, and that is just more mechs. It doesn't really matter much right now anyway, BRG took the website store down and is directing people to Steam, GOG, GMG, etc. to get the game and none of those outlets are selling any kind of DLC pre-purchase.
Not sure of their website but
http://sites.fastspring.com/bornreadygames/product/strikesuitzero still works for those who go their with KS discount codes
Can't find anywhere to buy the soundtrack (there used to be an option somewhere on their site... which hasnt been updated since KS finished)
Post edited January 28, 2013 by nijuu
cirious_november: so gog doesnt have the soundtrack of the game yet? :\
nijuu: The problem is, the soundtrack got released at its own price point and included in the steam collection edition (price adjusted upwards for it). Since GOG has only the game, i can assume if we get the soundtrack for free (as gog doesnt sell soundtracks alone by themselves but included usually as a 'freebie'), it wont be until the game has been out a fair while down the road....
They plan to implement DLCs on the site feature level, why wouldn't the soundtrack be included in this case?

nijuu: The only problem is, when they say DLC pack, does that mean all future dlc? Or just first/second?.
TheEnigmaticT: All available DLC *at that time*. I wil edit my post to clarify.
nijuu: The problem is, the soundtrack got released at its own price point and included in the steam collection edition (price adjusted upwards for it). Since GOG has only the game, i can assume if we get the soundtrack for free (as gog doesnt sell soundtracks alone by themselves but included usually as a 'freebie'), it wont be until the game has been out a fair while down the road....
Imago: They plan to implement DLCs on the site feature level, why wouldn't the soundtrack be included in this case?

TheEnigmaticT: All available DLC *at that time*. I wil edit my post to clarify.
Imago:
The sound track isnt included with the standard base game. You have to buy it bundled on steam if u want it. Cant find the website link where u could buy it from the dev directly atm
nijuu: The sound track isnt included with the standard base game. You have to buy it bundled on steam if u want it.
It is available as the DLC on Steam and the DLC will be available here too.
nijuu: The sound track isnt included with the standard base game. You have to buy it bundled on steam if u want it.
Imago: It is available as the DLC on Steam and the DLC will be available here too.
Yes i know what you mean. Let's see what happens :)
astrugar710: Does anybody know if the game works with XP? It only shows that it is compatible with Vista,7 and 8.
JudasIscariot: Strike Suit Zero does NOT work with Windows XP.
Since this is the first GOG release not to work on XP, I'd suggest that it be highlighted on the gamecard.

As an XP user myself (with no intention of "upgrading" to 7 or 8 due to the large amount of software I run that wouldn't work on those OSes plus an intense dislike of their interface changes) I'll be giving this a miss.
JudasIscariot: Strike Suit Zero does NOT work with Windows XP.
AstralWanderer: Since this is the first GOG release not to work on XP, I'd suggest that it be highlighted on the gamecard.

As an XP user myself (with no intention of "upgrading" to 7 or 8 due to the large amount of software I run that wouldn't work on those OSes plus an intense dislike of their interface changes) I'll be giving this a miss.
I know this may not be much consolation but the supported operating systems are always listed at the top of the page for this very reason i.e. so that anyone browsing the game card can get a quick glance as to what the game will run on.
JudasIscariot: I know this may not be much consolation but the supported operating systems are always listed at the top of the page for this very reason i.e. so that anyone browsing the game card can get a quick glance as to what the game will run on.
No consolation for me needed (I knew about this limitation from their Kickstarter project) but for others, this is very easy to miss and given that every GOG release up to now has included XP, some may well not even think to check.

An "excluded OS" heading would seem a good way of doing this.
JudasIscariot: I know this may not be much consolation but the supported operating systems are always listed at the top of the page for this very reason i.e. so that anyone browsing the game card can get a quick glance as to what the game will run on.
AstralWanderer: No consolation for me needed (I knew about this limitation from their Kickstarter project) but for others, this is very easy to miss and given that every GOG release up to now has included XP, some may well not even think to check.

An "excluded OS" heading would seem a good way of doing this.
May I ask what you are going to do when Microsoft officially drops all support for Windows XP?

I think it's going to happen sometime next year, if I am not mistaken.
Post edited January 28, 2013 by JudasIscariot
AstralWanderer: due to the large amount of software I run that wouldn't work on those OSes
What software would that be? I never had a problem with seven that I didn't fix eventually.
AstralWanderer: due to the large amount of software I run that wouldn't work on those OSes
DaCostaBR: What software would that be? I never had a problem with seven that I didn't fix eventually.
I've got a few educational titles that I'd like to mess around about once a year that won't run properly. Namely Learn to Program BASIC by Interplay and a couple of the Super Solvers titles.

JudasIscariot: May I ask what you are going to do when Microsoft officially drops all support for Windows XP?

I think it's going to happen sometime next year, if I am not mistaken.
April 8, 2014 to be exact.
Post edited January 28, 2013 by GMMan
DaCostaBR: What software would that be? I never had a problem with seven that I didn't fix eventually.
I wouldn't say a large amount, but WinXP has been around a longtime and theres a lot of proprietary software (not including games) which may only work with Windows XP (and wont work in compat mode, or Win 7 emulation for xp (forget the name of that mode)