It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fear is faceless.

Slender: The Arrival, a FPP horror game based on a modern urban legend that became so popular, that one might expect to find a bit of truth in it, is now available 25% off on GOG.com. That's only $7.49 for the first week!

That cold shard of glass stuck in your chest, sending chills around your body with every desparate breath you take--that's fear. That sudden dryness in your mouth, when you realize that the worst is about to and it's too late to do anything--that's fear. That hot rush causing you to sweat faster than you can even start to think rationally--that's fear. That feeling of spinning in your head as you stare down and see that it's a long way to go--that's fear. That impulse to scream and run when the light suddenly goes out at the flick of a switch--that's fear. That urge to lay down and curl up motionless at the sudden noise right behind you--that's fear. Fear--one of the humankind's eldest and closest companions. It helped us to survive when the wilderness was still untamed and the night wasn't yet torn apart with the flashes of electric lights. We've learned to overcome our terrors. We're being told that it's a good thing to face your fears. But how do you face one that is faceless?

Slender: The Arrival is a FPP survival horror game that continues the mythos of the Slender Man, an urban legend phenomenon. Made by the people who brought you the original Slender: The Eight Pages, the Marble Hornets web series, and the original propagator of Slender lore, this game takes the experience to a whole new level. It uses high-end graphics, intense gameplay, and unsettling soundtrack (included in MP3 format with this release) to make your heart race and your mind stop time after time. If you're looking for a game that will blast you out of your comfort zone - here it is.

There's nothing in the world that could possibly help you prepare yourself for Slender: The Arrival, now for only $7.49 on GOG.com. The offer lasts until Tuesday, April 16, at 10:59AM GMT.
Potzato: My thoughts exactly ! :D
DarkoD13: Literary Swordsmen and Sorcerers?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literary_Swordsmen_and_Sorcerers

Just checking so I can put it on my "to read" list... :)
Exactly.

That's heavy stuff, but it's very enlightening about the 'where does it come from', and the 'how was it back in the days'

Just so you know, the main complain about this book (from what I read), it's that 'this_author' and 'this_other_one' should have his chapter in it.
Many good games rejected by the GOG staff , but this crap not . Why ?
ne_zavarj: Many good games rejected by the GOG staff , but this crap not . Why ?
Because this one is in popular demand.
Fenixp: Because this one is in popular demand.
I honestly can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, but perhaps its because I actually have taste in who I subscribe to on Youtube, but I haven't really noticed it on any of the 60 people I'm subscribed to. Such as but not limited to Ashens, Bdouble0100, Chuggaconroy, TotalHalibut, DeceasedCrab, Scott Manley, FarFromSubtle and cubex55. :B
Darvond: I honestly can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, but perhaps its because I actually have taste in who I subscribe to on Youtube, but I haven't really noticed it on any of the 60 people I'm subscribed to. Such as but not limited to Ashens, Bdouble0100, Chuggaconroy, TotalHalibut, DeceasedCrab, Scott Manley, FarFromSubtle and cubex55. :B
"I have taste"
*looks over the list and sees deceased crab*
I beg to differ at least on that one, the rest check out.
DCT: "I have taste"
*looks over the list and sees deceased crab*
I beg to differ at least on that one, the rest check out.
I'll admit that his entrance onto my list is more out of the work he did to popularize certain games and help give rise to the now famous indy scene with the aide of the entirety of the SomethingAwful Forums having helped pushed Let's Play into place.

Should I also not mention that I'm subscribed to puchepto, creator of Noctis?
I hear it sucks. Must investigate.
ne_zavarj: Many good games rejected by the GOG staff , but this crap not . Why ?
Why not to add Surgery Simulator 2013 to the catalog then?

DCT: *looks over the list and sees deceased crab*
What's wrong with deceased crab? He reviewed a lot of hidden gems -- great, but little known/offbeat indie games.
buktu: Why not to add Surgery Simulator 2013 to the catalog then?
Because it's free for one.
bouncedk: I hear it sucks. Must investigate.
You serious? Sux? Gamespot rated it 8.5. And other gaming sites like it too. Also, I played it and it's awesome.
bouncedk: I hear it sucks. Must investigate.
thewilder: You serious? Sux? Gamespot rated it 8.5. And other gaming sites like it too. Also, I played it and it's awesome.
You also sound like you're 12, and video game journalists are a bunch of hacks.
buktu: Why not to add Surgery Simulator 2013 to the catalog then?

DCT: *looks over the list and sees deceased crab*
buktu: What's wrong with deceased crab? He reviewed a lot of hidden gems -- great, but little known/offbeat indie games.
while that may be his commentary is not only horrid and down right painful to listen too but it's also very paint by numbers if you watched him play one game you have seen him play them all since he does the same thing again and again and again so much so Slowbeef and Diabeetus actually were able to record riff commentary without watching a single one of his videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSd-9ZVbZA4, plus he can not take any form of criticism.