It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Never Deal with a Dragon!

Shadowrun Returns, a classy turn-based RPG set in one of the most iconic Sci-Fi worlds where cyberpunk meets fantasy, sporting excellent character development mechanics and a sleek visual style drawing you right into the dark and dangerous Seattle metroplex, is available 40% off on GOG.com, for Windows and Mac OS X. That's $11.99 for the first 48 hours.

People will tell you about the word "Shadowrun". They'll explain that it describes the act of falling off the grid to perform some shady doings for a power that prefers to stay anonymous. Like one corporation trying to silently eliminate some key "assets" of another. Or a high-profile magician in need of some fresh virgin blood. Or the law going after someone that would normally be out of their reach, because of that whole corpo-extraterritoriality thing. Get it? That kind of stuff. But I'll tell you this man, I think that's not where the word originates. I've been around for a long time, and I've seen some things no one was ever supposed to see. I know things that you generally wouldn't want to know. Dangerous, that kind of knowledge, a health hazard if you catch my drift. So, believe me when I tell you: it's not actually "shadowrun". It's "shadow-run". A word describing the true hierarchy of power in our good old sixth world. This whole planet is now being run by shadows whose motivation and goals guys like you and me won't ever understand. I don't even mean the dragons. There's something else out there. Something… different.

Shadowrun Returns, a single player, turn-based tactical RPG taking place in a fan-favorite cyberpunk slash fantasy setting. Enter the amazingly depicted futuristic Seattle metroplex, and embark on your mission to uncover the mystery of a series of gruesome killings. Who knows what you'll discover? In the world of Shadowrun nothing is what it seems at first glance. With deep and involving storyline, top-notch turn-based tactical combat mechanics, and deep skill-based character development system, this vibrant imaginative role-playing game just keeps on giving!

Whether you are a die-hard fan of the pen&paper predecessor, or you're just looking for an extensive computer RPG experience, you can't go wrong with Shadowrun Returns, for only 11.99 on GOG.com. The 40% off release discount offer last for 48 hours only, that's until Thursday, December 12, at 10:59AM GMT.
Missed the sale, still I'd better by some copies to show my support for old FASA.

Edit: Irony! I say the previous line, go to buy a couple of copies and find a Winter Sale is on :), tnx GoG!
Post edited December 12, 2013 by Ebany
This raises questions of whether they've solved the problem of "we can't provide updates and expansions outside of the steam store" which they were previously claiming.
jsjrodman: This raises questions of whether they've solved the problem of "we can't provide updates and expansions outside of the steam store" which they were previously claiming.
'We can't " or 'We wont" ? :)
jsjrodman: This raises questions of whether they've solved the problem of "we can't provide updates and expansions outside of the steam store" which they were previously claiming.
nijuu: 'We can't " or 'We wont" ? :)
I think it was more "it's a bunch of extra work and we don't really have budget to set up our own distribution network."
I can empathize with that, but since this was being discussed in the context of DRM and they weren't saying "we omit steamworks DRM", I expected it did use steamworks DRM, so have been giving it a pass so far.
Looks like an interesting game :)
Would be very nice if it was also available for Linux. I know you can get it for that platform on Steam. But it's DRMed there, so I would really like to buy the Linux version at GOG.
Post edited December 16, 2013 by mjw
mjw: Would be very nice if it was also available for Linux. I know you can get it for that platform on Steam. But it's DRMed there, so I would really like to buy the Linux version at GOG.
Since there is so many customers who wishes linux versions of games as well, I am sure GOG will (is) looking into matter.