It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Never Deal with a Dragon!

Shadowrun Returns, a classy turn-based RPG set in one of the most iconic Sci-Fi worlds where cyberpunk meets fantasy, sporting excellent character development mechanics and a sleek visual style drawing you right into the dark and dangerous Seattle metroplex, is available 40% off on GOG.com, for Windows and Mac OS X. That's $11.99 for the first 48 hours.

People will tell you about the word "Shadowrun". They'll explain that it describes the act of falling off the grid to perform some shady doings for a power that prefers to stay anonymous. Like one corporation trying to silently eliminate some key "assets" of another. Or a high-profile magician in need of some fresh virgin blood. Or the law going after someone that would normally be out of their reach, because of that whole corpo-extraterritoriality thing. Get it? That kind of stuff. But I'll tell you this man, I think that's not where the word originates. I've been around for a long time, and I've seen some things no one was ever supposed to see. I know things that you generally wouldn't want to know. Dangerous, that kind of knowledge, a health hazard if you catch my drift. So, believe me when I tell you: it's not actually "shadowrun". It's "shadow-run". A word describing the true hierarchy of power in our good old sixth world. This whole planet is now being run by shadows whose motivation and goals guys like you and me won't ever understand. I don't even mean the dragons. There's something else out there. Something… different.

Shadowrun Returns, a single player, turn-based tactical RPG taking place in a fan-favorite cyberpunk slash fantasy setting. Enter the amazingly depicted futuristic Seattle metroplex, and embark on your mission to uncover the mystery of a series of gruesome killings. Who knows what you'll discover? In the world of Shadowrun nothing is what it seems at first glance. With deep and involving storyline, top-notch turn-based tactical combat mechanics, and deep skill-based character development system, this vibrant imaginative role-playing game just keeps on giving!

Whether you are a die-hard fan of the pen&paper predecessor, or you're just looking for an extensive computer RPG experience, you can't go wrong with Shadowrun Returns, for only 11.99 on GOG.com. The 40% off release discount offer last for 48 hours only, that's until Thursday, December 12, at 10:59AM GMT.
Licurg: Why doesn't anyone want Impossible Creatures ??? :((
Who says anyone doesn't want Impossible Creatures?

You know, this is how rumors get started... :P
How nice! The Steam version has no achievements, so that's even more reason to get this on GOG. (Not that they're vital, but it's still a bonus.)
Elmofongo: I never heard of it, because I was only a 10 year old kid eating up crap from the Gamecube and PS2 and did not really got into PC gaming, but was envious of games coming out that gen like Battlefield 2.

(Not saying crap negatively mind you)
Hush, the PS2 and Gamecube both had dozens of amazing games. :P
Elmofongo: I never heard of it, because I was only a 10 year old kid eating up crap from the Gamecube and PS2 and did not really got into PC gaming, but was envious of games coming out that gen like Battlefield 2.

Impossible Creatures is a game where you can design your own units from any 2 other animals. It also has a decent story, and good voice-acting. You can vote here :

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/impossible_creatures

Licurg: Impossible Creatures is a game where you can design your own units from any 2 other animals. It also has a decent story, and good voice-acting. You can vote here :

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/impossible_creatures
Voted :D
That's the game with the tiger-scorpion on the cover is it not? I've wanted it ever since I saw it on store shelves way back when.
Shaolin_sKunk: That's the game with the tiger-scorpion on the cover is it not? I've wanted it ever since I saw it on store shelves way back when.
That's the one. And it MUST come to GOG ! It must !
As a backer who received a refund when the no DRM free business happened, I feel obliged to buy it here now (at a $3 discount)
Going to wait on this one. The pricing just doesn't make sense to me, as it feels overpriced.

The 'complete' game (including DLC pack 1 and a proper save system) they've said will be $24.99 in January.
Or I can buy the base game for $11.99 now, and pay another $14.99 for the standalone DLC coming in January

The 11.99 doesn't feel like any sort of sale price.
Woofy: Going to wait on this one. The pricing just doesn't make sense to me, as it feels overpriced.

The 'complete' game (including DLC pack 1 and a proper save system) they've said will be $24.99 in January.
Or I can buy the base game for $11.99 now, and pay another $14.99 for the standalone DLC coming in January

The 11.99 doesn't feel like any sort of sale price.
It's a $20 game for $11 - how is that not a discount?

Granted waiting for the double pack that comes in January isn't a bad idea, but still.

EDIT: I've been playing this game the last week (have it on steam) and I'm really enjoying it. It's a bit too linear but still love the combat / art direction / style / writing.
Post edited December 10, 2013 by wenchwogg
I became interested in this game when I read that it's an RPG with gameplay similar to XCOM. I'm gonna wait for the expansion, so wishlisted for now.
wenchwogg: It's a $20 game for $11 - how is that not a discount?
The real value of the base game is $24.99 ('complete version') - $14.99 (DLC #2) = $10 value
So a 'sale price' of $12 isn't a sale. And it's not worth $20 regular price. $15 backing this game in the first place would have gotten people the $25 complete version. That's a deal.

It's a roughly six? month old game which is overpriced.
arr0whead: I became interested in this game when I read that it's an RPG with gameplay similar to XCOM. I'm gonna wait for the expansion, so wishlisted for now.
You mean the classic Xcom or the streamlineddumbeddown console recent version?
wenchwogg: It's a $20 game for $11 - how is that not a discount?
Woofy: The real value of the base game is $24.99 ('complete version') - $14.99 (DLC #2) = $10 value
So a 'sale price' of $12 isn't a sale. And it's not worth $20 regular price. $15 backing this game in the first place would have gotten people the $25 complete version. That's a deal.

It's a roughly six? month old game which is overpriced.
This is a kickstarted game, not a normal indie release. Many kickstarted games have been good sellers and held their price well past 6 months (some have gone on regular sales though).
Post edited December 10, 2013 by nijuu
arr0whead: I became interested in this game when I read that it's an RPG with gameplay similar to XCOM. I'm gonna wait for the expansion, so wishlisted for now.
nijuu: You mean the classic Xcom or the streamlineddumbeddown console recent version?
The new one.
Elmofongo: Well great bring in Age of Empires, Rise of Nations, Marathon or whatever good classic PC game thats published by Microsoft.
I really hope this is the beginning of them seeing the light. I want Crimson Skies, Outwars, and all the MechWarriors they have!