It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The explosive return of ludicrous gibs!

Rise of the Triad, a very modern take on classic ultra-violent FPS gameplay, filled to the brim with over-the-top humor and gore, and offering hours upon hours of fast-paced crazy action in single and multi-player mode, is available on GOG.com for only $14.99.

After nearly two decades one of the most memorable first-person shooters returns with a blood-dripping, gib-blasting, gun-slinging, rocket-spamming vengeance! The ominous organization known as "The Triad" is plotting to take over the world by force, terror, and apparent nazi symbolism. Is up to the agents of H.U.N.T.--High-risk United Nations Task-force--to stop the evildoers once and for all, preferably by splattering them all over their (not so) secret base walls. Be warned, there are even darker forces at play, here, as the Triad is known to dabble in the occult and demonic worship, as a way of reaching for power to obtain their evil goals. Oh, and it has a dog-mode.

Rise of the Triad: Modern K9 Warfare trailer

Rise of the Triad brings back everything we loved about the first-person shooters of the 1990s. Swarms of enemies, no hand-holding, awesome guns, badass one-liners, a pretense story, and ridiculous amounts of virtual guts flying all over the place--all checked and accounted for. Apart from a diverse and challenging single-player campaign, that pays a tribute to the game's predecessor, the new Rise of the Triad offers many multi-player game modes (the game supports its own DRM-free server network). The game's fully moddable and a robust creative tool comes with every copy, so you can extend your experience indefinitely. All that, for a fraction of the price of most modern FPS games of comparable scale!

We promise, nothing can make a classic FPS fan feel as good as spamming lead at the minions of evil and watching their insides painting the walls red in Rise of the Triad, for only $14.99 on GOG.com
Post edited July 31, 2013 by G-Doc
I have a Intel i7 3770 3.4 Ghz Quad Core CPU with 16 GB of system memory and a Nvidia Geforce GTX 670 with 2 GB of VRAM. I am running Windows 7 64 bit.
Kristian: I have a Intel i7 3770 3.4 Ghz Quad Core CPU with 16 GB of system memory and a Nvidia Geforce GTX 670 with 2 GB of VRAM. I am running Windows 7 64 bit.
Huh...coincidentally, you're the second user I've come across who's reported good framerates at max settings with a GeForce GTX 600 series graphics card - which is significantly higher than the recommended requirements, a GeForce 560. I've also noted that users have had issues running the game at decent framerates using a GeForce 560 graphics card; I've read issues from AMD/ATI users, but none have specified their card.

You might be onto something, sir/madam!
Post edited August 01, 2013 by Expack
I've just created a thread where people who can run Rise of the Triad at good framerates can post their in-game settings and system specs. Hopefully, enough people will post so we can get a good idea of what system specs can actually run the game with good framerates.
I wasn't able yet to play the game, because the internet access quality i have in this moment... It's difficult to wait :-)
TotalBiscuit has a "WTF is...?" video up for ROTT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqU4Wg4Yy0Y
How have people found the multiplayer?. Been getting into the SP part and havent had time to fiddle with multi yet..
nijuu: How have people found the multiplayer?. Been getting into the SP part and havent had time to fiddle with multi yet..
I like it. Fast-paced over the top gorefest and weapon spamming - if you liked ut99, ut2004, quake1, 3, painkiller, etcetera, my guess is you'll like this. There's nothing like blasting your opponents with homing or drunk missiles ;)

I'm hoping for more game types, bots and additional maps in a coming patch - and of course dedicated servers.