It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The platformer king returns in his 2D glory!

Rayman Origins, a whimsical, colorful, and phenomenally playable reboot bringing the series back to its 2D roots and allowing to visit its fantastic world with up to three friends in co-op mode, is available 50% off on GOG.com. That's only $9.99 for the next 48 hours!

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/rayman_origins][/url]Rayman is an iconic character and his platformer games entertained generations of gamers. As many other platformer series, his adventures also took a turn into the realm of 3D. They were quite successful at that, mind you, but there's something about the run-and-jump genre, that simply makes it work best in two dimensions. Rayman Origins takes us back to the 2D roots of platformer gaming, and reminds us why this kind of graphics and this kind of gameplay is a perfect match. Plus, it introduces a lot of fresh ideas while doing so.

Rayman Origins is an explosion of action, color, fun, and joy. The cartoony 2D graphics pictures a beautiful world full of magic, wonder, and strangeness that will instantly charm its explorers. The fast-paced platforming gameplay paired with perfect controls and masterful level design make this title an instant classic of the platformer genre. The tone of the game is whimsical and lighthearted, but that does not mean it comes without challenge. Luckily, you can bring up to three friends along for the mad chase through the Glade of Dreams in the well-executec co-op mode. Whether you are a Rayman fan looking to be reunited with some of the iconic characters from the series, or a newcomer in the Raymanverse, this game is guaranteed to bring you much fun and joy.

If you've ever enjoyed a platformer game--any platformer game!--there's a great chance you'll instantly fall in love with Rayman Origins. Get it now, DRM-free, for only $9.99 on GOG.com. The half-price offer lasts until Thursday, June 6, at 9:59AM GMT.
Crosmando: When Uplay/Ubisoft games get a patch, do they need to be updated via the client, or do they have some kind of launcher with an autoupdater? Cause the whole "one-time activation" sounds OK, but if you had to keep reinstalling and using the Uplay client every time you want to patch it, it kinda removes the "one-time" thing.
JMich: The UPlay client is needed even for the one-time activation games. No idea about the patching, since I haven't played any game that required patching after installing.
You can download patches for ACR, but for some unfathomable reason Ubisoft has made two versions of the first patch and the second patch only recognizes the one that seems to have disappeared from any legit sources. It seems that the Ubisoft's advice on the matter is to uninstall the game and patch it through the client, but I as I was trying my best to not to be reliant Uplay service I download a torrent containing both patches and a some version of the crack instead.

Then I found out that the instructions for applying the crack were rather vague, but after a lot of trial and error I managed to guess which dlls were supposed to be copied on what sub-folders. At the same time I made batch-files to alter the UbiDRM's path so that I still could keep AC2 working too as it's crack was also relying on fooling a specific version of the client.

While I could now play the main game the crack didn't support Desmond's Journey so it took a couple of months more for finding a better crack. By then the whole client had changed to it's current form so I needed to update the client again and of course the crack was one iteration behind. After finally finding a forum that had a thread on the new releases for cracked UPlay dlls I managed to get everything working except how to change computers without any access to Uplay servers.

So in the end I have not played ACR any further than to the point of being able to start Desmond's Journey as it would be as unthinkable for me as reading a book that advertises on being printed with a gradually fading ink. I like to occasionally read again the books I have enjoyed in the past so if some book would be designed to expire I rather read something else.
Vahzl: Is this a Steam Code or is it a full standalone installer? I tend to not bother with games if they aren't Steam codes anymore, as I play from multiple locations often.
Just to clarify something, GOG games can also be downloaded/installed and played on "multiple locations" (several PCs), even without having to first install a GOG (or Steam) client on the other PC.

And if you hate the mere idea of having to double-click the installer executable after the download, the GOG downloader client gives you an option to initiate the installation right after the download. :)
JAAHAS: snip
And again, you are working under the assumption that you need to crack your game. As I said in my previous reply to you, MichaelPalin was able to install and play AC:B with his network disable during both the installation and the playing part. Jamyskis' version did require him to to a one-time activation, which of course means that should UPlay servers fail, his game won't work. So the discussion to which you first replied to me wasn't about finding a crack for a UPlay game, but if those title require a crack or not.
JAAHAS: snip
JMich: And again, you are working under the assumption that you need to crack your game. As I said in my previous reply to you, MichaelPalin was able to install and play AC:B with his network disable during both the installation and the playing part. Jamyskis' version did require him to to a one-time activation, which of course means that should UPlay servers fail, his game won't work. So the discussion to which you first replied to me wasn't about finding a crack for a UPlay game, but if those title require a crack or not.
Of course just activating the game and hoping that the offline mode works long enough to finish playing it through works for most, but in a forum on site with considerable focus on getting to play old games I just can't help myself from pointing out that sooner or later our computers are going to be replaced and if the Uplay servers are not operational anymore one may not be able to ACR again unless it will get a better crack by then. Which it may very well get, but I will wait for that to be released before playing it any further.
Anamon: DRM means your consumer rights to do as you please with the product you purchased, namely resell it, are restricted. A CD check or serial number doesn't do that, because they were part of the product you bought. Your right to copy or sell the game isn't restricted. Not DRM. In the case of an online activation, the activation server doesn't come with the product you purchased, it doesn't work without external authorisation. Your rights are restricted—that's DRM.
Well said.
Hmm . I finished all levels in Jibberish Jungle ( only one Electoon is missing ) but the game didn't unlock Desert of Dijiridoos .
Post edited August 18, 2014 by ne_zavarj
ne_zavarj: Hmm . I finished all levels in Jibberish Jungle ( only one Electoon is missing ) but the game didn't unlocked Desert of Dijiridoos .
Any reason to necro this thread and not posting in game subforum?
ne_zavarj: Hmm . I finished all levels in Jibberish Jungle ( only one Electoon is missing ) but the game didn't unlocked Desert of Dijiridoos .
So you finished Hi-Ho Moskito and it didn't move on to the next part ?
Licurg: So you finished Hi-Ho Moskito and it didn't move on to the next part ?
Yes .