It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When being a master of a dungeon just doesn't cut it.

Overlord + Raising Hell, a fantasy action-adventure game in which you become a revenant lord commanding his mean minions to ravage and conquer the realm, is available on GOG.com, for only $9.99.

Ooooooh! Now I'm really mad! They shouldn't have done that. Fools! What's the big idea, putting me in that tomb? Yes, I was dead. So what? Like death ever stopped any lord of evil and treachery before. Death is like a brother to me! Well, a second cousin, but we still keep in touch. Did they seriously think I would stay dead? Those maggots, those idiots, I'll rip off their arms and feed them to the crows. Then I'll feed the crows to the wild dogs. Then I'll make dog stew and feed it to those basterds! Oh, yes, my wrath will be terrible, my retribution swift! Minions! Minions!!! Minions!!!!! Gather, my faithful beasties. The time has come. We go to war. Ha! Haha!!! Hahahaahhahaah!!!!!

Overlord + Raising Hell presents you with a whole fantasy realm ready for plucking. In this action-adventure title you become an evil (or, optionally, really evil--the choice is your's) revenant lord that plans to take over the kingdom by force and take revenge on the corrupt heroes who ruled it in his absence. He's accompanied by a host of vile gremlin-like minions that blindly follow his command. That adds another layer of gameplay in the lines of simple real-time strategy. The GOG.com edition comes with the Raising Hell expansion for maximum impact.

You can practice being evil by stealing candy from some babies, selling it to diabetics, being sued, winning the case, getting amends for being traumatized by the legal system, and then spending it all ($9.99 that is) on Overlord + Raising Hell on GOG.com!
Yay, now I don't have to try and find an Xbox 360 copy, which has apparently become impossible to find in good condition and at a good price believe it or not. Many thanks GOG and Codemasters, I was hoping this one would show up.
Oh nice, Fez is confirmed! I really enjoyed the Xbox Live demo but wanted to wait for a "fixed" version on PC. Great news.
Post edited April 16, 2013 by haydenaurion
charbon: Can this be played with the 360 controller ?
I wouldnt bother, the controls are ALOT better with mouse and keyboard.
Baeus: While there's still plenty of good old games to go through, that list is getting shorter and shorter (especially when you consider some are never going to see release due to licence limbo). If you're not willing to accept a 6 year old game as an old game, well, sooner rather than later, there aren't going to be any worthwhile "old" games they can put up.
I hope that was intended as a joke. There are presently 68 pre-1995 entries in the GOG catalogue. That's 115 individual games (I just counted quickly, may be a couple units off) ; are you seriously implying that with 115 games they're nearer the end than the beginning regarding the 80-95 era, even taking the license hells into account ?

I mean, by all means they should get post-2000 games on the site if that's what sells - my legit physical & digital backlog is big enough as it is and I've a big enough hoard leeched off of Abandonia & HOTU (RIP) to last three lifetimes, but can the inane "there's almost no old games left to bring to GOG" serenade please stop ?
Post edited April 16, 2013 by Erich_Zann
MadalinStroe: Hang on a minute! Am I to understand that any two year old game that is also GOOD has a possibility of being released as a classic. Well that just ruined my day, because the classic release was the one I was most looking forward to on GOG. I guess I misunderstood the context in which "classic" was used.
Mivas: You probably haven't heard of "EA Classics" edition containing games like Battlefield 2: Bad Company or FIFA 10, right? :)
To be honest no I hadn't but that is primarily due to the fact that I have only ever played one FPS(Borderlands) and one sport game(NBA Jam).
tfishell: I'm probably alone in this, though.
Hey, I've been mublin' and grumblin'! That's as far as I'll go about caring for increasingly questionable (to put it mildly) release/approval policies of an increasingly cluttered (to me personally) store though.
Already have it on both Steam and PS3, but I may pick up another copy, for the sake of it being DRM free when it goes on sale.
JMich: Dungeon Keeper wannabe? But is this the classic?
It's actually the only game I know of that can be said to share a genre with Pikmin. The core mechanics are much the same, although Overlord borrows much of its atmosphere from Dungeon Keeper, unless I miss my mark.
MikeMaximus: I really enjoyed this game, nice to see it here! But I don't think I can justify buying a 3rd copy. :)
I have this on disk for Windows, disk for PS3, digital on Steam. Now the GOG version makes my 4th copy.
Fuzzyfireball: I also begrudgingly wishlisted Fez. The creator might be a total dick face but I can't say no to a good game :o
Have you seen Indie Game: The Movie? He came across as a bit dickish, I was fairly sympathetic to his cause by the end of the documentary. He was definitely more entertaining to watch than the extremely pretentious and humorless Jonathan Blow (I still like Braid, though).
FOR THE OVERLORD!!!

Seriously, I love this game. although I own it on the consoles, it always seems to be full of raw charm, even down to the minions as they break pots and bring you the loot. Putting it on my wishlist for now, but I will definitely be picking this one up, and hopefully the sequel will be coming to get some GOG attention!
MadalinStroe: Hang on a minute! Am I to understand that any two year old game that is also GOOD has a possibility of being released as a classic. Well that just ruined my day, because the classic release was the one I was most looking forward to on GOG. I guess I misunderstood the context in which "classic" was used.
Well to be fair it doesn't necessarily have to be good :-P
MadalinStroe: To be honest no I hadn't but that is primarily due to the fact that I have only ever played one FPS(Borderlands) and one sport game(NBA Jam).
I see. My point was that GOG's Classics label isn't unusual. EA has been releasing almost everything 2+ years old as a part of edition mentioned above for years. Be it Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (2009), Mass Effect 2 (2010) or Crysis 2 (2011).
Let's take movies. I can say that American Beauty is a classic movie but my grandmother would hardly agree. Does it mean that she is wrong? Or do I? The definition is highly subjective.

Fenixp: Well to be fair it doesn't necessarily have to be good :-P
I agree :D.
Post edited April 16, 2013 by Mivas
MadalinStroe: To be honest no I hadn't but that is primarily due to the fact that I have only ever played one FPS(Borderlands) and one sport game(NBA Jam).
Mivas: I see. My point was that GOG's Classics label isn't unusual. EA has been releasing almost everything 2+ years old as a part of edition mentioned above for years. Be it Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (2009), Mass Effect 2 (2010) or Crysis 2 (2011).
Let's take movies. I can say that American Beauty is a classic movie but my grandmother would hardly agree. Does it mean that she is wrong? Or do I? The definition is highly subjective.
Well that is exactly why this discussion keeps dragging on and I feel that I have to reiterate: it isn't that I said that other people's definition of a classic don't match my own. It's that I stated that I was disappointed in the release as it wasn't a classic. Apparently that constituted me being representative of the typical class of user that keeps whining. I never called GOG assholes or claimed that I was lied by them. I just considered the answers I received unnecessarily crass so I tried to better explain my point of view.
Post edited April 16, 2013 by MadalinStroe
I am glad it is on GOG. Have been thinking to buy it but still no DRM-Free version until yesterday. Well, wish listed for now and let's wait until great sale coming up.
Played the original game a good while ago, never the expansion. Nice game, will pick this up at some point in the future. Nice release GOG and a welcome surprise.