It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pretty deadly little thing.

Captain, I have some new information regarding "The Aristocrats". No, they're still laying low after their last heist, so low that we haven't seen Don or Freddie since the meeting with "The Boss". Someone might've hid them underground but we won't know for sure just now. Anyway, there's a new girl that was seen with Rick Fermione. She from outta town, don know exactly where. Seems a member of the borguise. It's bourgeoisie? Don't know sir, some fancy stuff I don't get--pearls, caviars, and champagnes, sir. Yes, one of my boys is following her. Yes, I know this is very delicate matter. Oh, the mayor... no, of course, no, I mean I'll talk to... Yes sir. No one seen. The report, yes. The last thing, sir--and this is a little bit unexpected--it looks like "The Aristocrats" are planning to move to a new district, any moment now. Can't tell for sure, but my bet is Connecticut Ave. We'll see. Will do, sir. Goodbye.

Omerta: City of Gangsters, an organized crime simulation you have been playing for the last couple of weeks just got bigger with The Con Artist DLC. There's a new henchman to recruit, new weapon, and a new district up for grabs. Experience "the greatest con of all time" in this action-packed expansion for only $4.99 on GOG.com.

Requires the base game Omerta: City of Gangsters on GOG in order to play.
liquidsnakehpks: wow this is shocking :O i never expected to see dlc here damn anyone else wonder if the gog website should split up into two ?

1) the real good old games - old games only no new games , no dlc crap
2)gog - drm free games
It went so well for Netflix, why not?
Post edited March 15, 2013 by ShaolinsKunk
liquidsnakehpks: wow this is shocking :O i never expected to see dlc here damn anyone else wonder if the gog website should split up into two ?

2)gog - drm free games
Yes please lol. Wanted that since they started sticking new stuff on.

2)gog - drm free games
serpantino: Yes please lol. Wanted that since they started sticking new stuff on.
sigh reminds of the time that new coke came out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke

2)gog - drm free games
ShaolinsKunk: It went so well for Netflix, why not?
BOOM, SHOTS FIRED.
Yes, it does.

EDIT: OK. So it doesn't.
Post edited March 20, 2013 by mrkgnao
Requires the base game Omerta: City of Gangsters on GOG in order to play""

And, the definition of DRM-free continues to decline.
Roman5: If a publisher wants to get on their high horse and release a game THEIR WAY here on YOUR STORE, tell them to hit the road, this is not fucking Burger King
JMich: Actually, no.
Check the posts asking "What about Patch X for game Y", or "Will we get the DLC/Expansion for Game Z" thread. What should GOG do then?

Option 1) Add the DLC as an extra item, like it did with Omerta.
Option 2) Refuse to sell the DLC, thus not giving the customers the option for the full game.
Option 3) Tell the publisher to GTFO, and remove the game from their catalogue.

What is the best option for the customer here? Because you are advocating for option 3.
Option 3. Why agree to declining quality for more content? There are plenty of other stores that offer that already.
elus89: Requires the base game Omerta: City of Gangsters on GOG in order to play""

It also requires (gasp!) a computer! I can't play any GOG game without a computer! DRM! GOG betrayed us all!
elus89: Requires the base game Omerta: City of Gangsters on GOG in order to play""

By that simplistic concept of what constitutes DRM, every single expansion ever released for a game uses DRM.

I can't even pretend that makes any sense. Good grief.
elus89: Option 3. Why agree to declining quality for more content? There are plenty of other stores that offer that already.
So if I want newer games, I have to buy it from other stores? Better tell that to all the backers of Shadowrun Returns, which does have planned DLCs. Why should they be able to buy their games on their favorite store...

You say that because some games have DLCs that are not worth the money the publisher asks, no game should ever come to GOG in case it gets a DLC in a few months, even if that DLC improves quite a lot. Do you really want me to say what I think about that?

Crassmaster: By that simplistic concept of what constitutes DRM, every single expansion ever released for a game uses DRM.

I can't even pretend that makes any sense. Good grief.
I had a feeling some wouldn't pick up on this. Cross out "on GOG" and then there is no DRM objection (even if it is just a misleading wording for a disclaimer, it should still be noted).
Ok so right now:

- This "release" was removed from the GOG newsarticles on the frontpage
- This is now the lowest rated Item in the whole GOG library, with a 1 star rating
- After this release, the rating for the Original game, Omerta, went down to 2 stars and it's now the second lowest rated item here on GOG
Roman5: - This "release" was removed from the GOG newsarticles on the frontpage
Still there for me.
Attachments:
capture.jpg (45 Kb)
Roman5: - This "release" was removed from the GOG newsarticles on the frontpage
JMich: Still there for me.
Ah, there it is, I see it now again

Still though, the other 2 points are still valid
Roman5: - After this release, the rating for the Original game, Omerta, went down to 2 stars and it's now the second lowest rated item here on GOG
I think it was 2 stars even before the DLC was released.