It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Survival of the sweetest.

Long Live the Queen, a complex political thriller full of violence, hate, and tough choices, masked by deceptively cute visuals, is available on GOG.com for only $9.99.

[url=http://www.gog.com/game/long_live_the_queen][/url]Long Live the Queen is a brutal game. Your heroine will try to escape the many dangers awaiting a young heiress to the throne, and will often fail, ending up dead, leaving the kingdom at mercy of it's many enemies. Luckily, you'll be able to back up on your mistakes, probably just to witness another death of the princess. When you're but a child, suddenly burdened by the crushing weight of responsibility, every little decision you make might prove to be your last. This complex and challenging royalty sim will crush your hopes many times, before you manage to protect the princess until the day of her coronation. There are secret plots at play, invaders at the gates, dark magical forces hiding in plain sight, assassins lurking in the shadows, and way too many suitors trying to get their hands on the young heiress' heritage. With non-linear gameplay, and great depth this cute-looking title will take even the most experienced gamer by surprise!

If you thought that the life of a princess is full of bliss, ballroom dancing, cotton candy, and ponies, it's about time you faced the terrifying truth in Long Live the Queen, for only $9.99 on GOG.com.
wormholewizards: Yep, the premature judgement and stereotype. I feel the same when people bashing game like Train Simulator.
I absolutely love simulator games :D
All I have to say about the game is:

Don't knock till you try it :D

(And yes, I was a wee bit skeptical when I first saw it too, but I couldn't call myself a gamer if I didn't at least try it :D)
I thought of a question. Is it possible to beat the game, or is the idea just last as long as you can?
DProject: I thought of a question. Is it possible to beat the game, or is the idea just last as long as you can?
https://secure.gog.com/forum/general/release_long_live_the_queen/post17
My only gripe is GOG's vehement anti-Linux stance. No sale here - going to have to go to Steam if I want this title (because it'll be available for one price on all platforms I play (Win, Linux) whereas if I buy it direct from the devs I have to pay for each platform).
Post edited October 20, 2013 by Sslaxx
I got crowned. Finally.
And before that I managed to get eaten by a monster. -load save game-
JudasIscariot: All I have to say about the game is:

Don't knock till you try it :D

(And yes, I was a wee bit skeptical when I first saw it too, but I couldn't call myself a gamer if I didn't at least try it :D)
I tried it myself and I like it.

I find the game enjoyable, but it does help being partial to the art style as I've been anime anime fan for years. My wife also really enjoys the game.

I hope that in the future you can continue to cater to this niche genre, even if it's on a rare basis. Hanako Games has a lot of titles, but I do know there are plenty other developers who have created or are creating indie anime-ish games, whether that be strategy, sim, or RPG, and even fighting. A couple guilty gears and Street Fighter Alpha 2 is pretty much the best for 2d fighters on here.

Other possible games I'd recommend GOG to look at:

Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/yatagarasu-attack-on-cataclysm

99 Spirits (Gifted to me by a GOG member on Desura), an actual Japanese indie game: http://fruitbatfactory.com/99spirits/

And a series I've yet to play : http://exceedseries.com/
Post edited October 21, 2013 by JinseiNGC224
I think Winter Wolves are looking at adding their titles to GOG in future.
Sslaxx: I think Winter Wolves are looking at adding their titles to GOG in future.
The Winter Wolves games I played were full of repetitive gameplay, cliché characters, amateurish writing, and a puerile understanding of sex and passion that is usually only encountered in people who have no idea what they talk (or write) about. Not sure if that would be a good addition to GOG's catalog. I also really didn't like the underhanded way in which they sold one of their games in a Groupees bundle while not stating anywhere that it wasn't complete. If you entered the "Romance" tab, you were greeted with a popup telling you that this version only provided limited options, and that you would need to buy something from the Winter Wolves store to get the full package (which cost several times as much as the entire bundle the game was in). No thanks.

That said, I agree with others that "anime graphics" certainly shouldn't prevent a good game from being added to GOG.
Post edited October 21, 2013 by Psyringe
Sslaxx: I think Winter Wolves are looking at adding their titles to GOG in future.
Psyringe: The Winter Wolves games I played were full of repetitive gameplay, cliché characters, amateurish writing, and a puerile understanding of sex and passion that is usually only encountered in people who have no idea what they talk (or write) about. Not sure if that would be a good addition to GOG's catalog. I also really didn't like the underhanded way in which they sold one of their games in a Groupees bundle while not stating anywhere that it wasn't complete. If you entered the "Romance" tab, you were greeted with a popup telling you that this version only provided limited options, and that you would need to buy something from the Winter Wolves store to get the full package (which cost several times as much as the entire bundle the game was in). No thanks.

That said, I agree with others that "anime graphics" certainly shouldn't prevent a good game from being added to GOG.
Which game was not complete? I'm new to Winter Wolves and just visited their site. I'd play a couple of their titles, but I'd want to make sure I get the product I paid for (unlike what just happened with Dark Matter...)

Planet Stronghold doesn't look bad. The few reviews I could find on it were positive (user reviews on Metacritic):

http://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
JinseiNGC224: Which game was not complete? I'm new to Winter Wolves and just visited their site. I'd play a couple of their titles, but I'd want to make sure I get the product I paid for (unlike what just happened with Dark Matter...)
"Spirited Heart". It was a finished game though, not comparable to what I've read about Dark Matter. I just really didn't like how, on my first visit to the "social" screen, the game flaunted a popup at me in the line of "Hi, please note that your romance options are limited unless you buy that expensive extra package that we never talked about before, here's a link to our shop."
Just wanted to say that the update for the game arrived on GOG which means you now get more story (even a new character appears!), a new weekend activity, better epilogues and some other stuff!