It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Way of the Jade Dragon.

Jade Empire: Special Edition, BioWare's role-playing epic set in the colorful realm inspired by legends of the Orient, is available 33% off on GOG.com. That's only $9.99 for the first week.

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/jade_empire_special_edition][/url]Jade Empire: Special Edition opens the land of kung fu legends before you and lets you immerse yourself in the fantastic version of the Orient. In this RPG classic brought to you by people who gave us RPG gaming monuments like Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights, experience an epic tale of courage, power, honor, and betrayal set in one of the most colorful and suggestive gameworlds ever created. Master the unique fighting styles and train your own disciples who will rise to power along your side. Choose your own path and become a hero or a villain in your very own martial arts legend. This is the extended Special Edition of the game and it even comes bundled with an MP3 soundtrack. Don't miss this fantastic opportunity for an epic adventure!

Become the hero of your very own epic tale of far east in Jade Empire: Special Edition for only $9.99 on GOG.com. The 33% discount offer will last until Tuesday, June 18, at 9:59AM GMT.
tfishell: Out of curiosity, does the Steam version come with all these languages, too? That would also justify the extra cost here. I'd still prefer it at around $10, though. (Price drop here and on Steam)
rodrolliv: It costs the same in every distributor, AFAIK. Regarding languages, the Steam version doesn't include Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Russian. I'm guessing that those come from CDP as distributor in the Eastern European territories.
Nice. And yes, $14.99 across the board is very fair; I just wish EA would drop the price, lol. (Fat chance)
tfishell: Nice. And yes, $14.99 across the board is very fair; I just wish EA would drop the price, lol. (Fat chance)
Actually, all the games published by EA with an original release date older than 10 years are at $5.99 (with the exception of Savage Empire, Martian Dreams and Ultima 4 that are free). Medal of Honor is at $9.99, with a release date of 2004 and Jade Empire is at $14.99 with a release date of 2005. So that does make me confident that Jade Empire will have a price drop, though not soon.
But it should be in a 66% off sale by Christmas, if not a 75% off.
Always wanted to play this shit. I'm affraid it's kinda dated these days right?

I'm very interested in martial arts and games with challenging combat systems, something that doesn't take simply clicking faster than the enemy to win, like Sleeping dogs or even the first two Gothic games.
Post edited June 13, 2013 by RafaelLopez
RafaelLopez: Always wanted to play this shit. I'm affraid it's kinda dated these days right?
it's pretty new by gog standards, i don't think it looks too dated
RafaelLopez: Always wanted to play this shit. I'm affraid it's kinda dated these days right?
morciu: it's pretty new by gog standards, i don't think it looks too dated
The trailer doesn't look so bad. I'm not one to be put of by graphics, but some mid 2000s games have inferior gameplay by today's standards (too linear, too buggy, too predictable, monotone landscapes, 3D graphics worse than 90s graphics, etc.)
Wouldn't most games on GOG be dated than?
Nice release, wishlisted for now.
Great addition to the GOG library! One complain - price should have been 9.99$ from the start. Oh well, I'll buy it anyway:)
Fuzzyfireball: Wouldn't most games on GOG be dated than?
Naw man, that's what I was trying to explain (had to edit my post). The gameplay of some mid-2000s games have a marked inferior playability. You play Fallout 1 and 2, Baldur's Gate, Ultima 7, these games just work, you click on stuff and stuff happens. Then you play a game like Code Veronica or Agent 47 and you need to spin the character with the arrow keys... instead of controlling direction of movement with the mouse, something 3D games apparently forgot how to do in early 2000s.

These few games got dated quickly, whereas I'll gladly play much older, more intuitive games.
Fuzzyfireball: Wouldn't most games on GOG be dated than?
RafaelLopez: Naw man, that's what I was trying to explain (had to edit my post). The gameplay of some mid-2000s games have a marked inferior playability. You play Fallout 1 and 2, Baldur's Gate, Ultima 7, these games just work, you click on stuff and stuff happens. Then you play a game like Code Veronica or Agent 47 and you need to spin the character with the arrow keys... instead of controlling direction of movement with the mouse, something 3D games apparently forgot how to do in early 2000s.

These few games got dated quickly, whereas I'll gladly play much older, more intuitive games.
Nah, this game doesn't have that retarded Arrow Key Control crap like SIlent Hill and those stupid Lego games.
Post edited June 14, 2013 by Desjay
Does anyone know if there was ever a playable demo released for it, and if so, where I can find it?
Leroux: Does anyone know if there was ever a playable demo released for it, and if so, where I can find it?
If there's one thing I wish GOG would offer are demos as available from the publisher for their games - if it requires extra work in coding then forget it - but if it a demos around, and it works on modern systems, they should try to include those.
Leroux: Does anyone know if there was ever a playable demo released for it, and if so, where I can find it?
FlamingFirewire: If there's one thing I wish GOG would offer are demos as available from the publisher for their games - if it requires extra work in coding then forget it - but if it a demos around, and it works on modern systems, they should try to include those.
Yeah ... It's not so much that I feel the need to the test the gameplay or something, it's more the technical aspect that's important to me, as I'm not sure if my graphic card (or lack thereof) would allow me to run it at all. I could run Enclave, Gothic and VTM: Bloodline without issues, but I didn't have as much luck with Gothic 2, Painkiller, Undying and POP: The Sands of Time, so for me a 3D game less than 10 years old always seems a bit of a gamble. I could live with buying a game that turns out not to be to my liking, but paying for a game I can't play at all, that would suck. :(
Am I the only one for whom quick-saved games are systematically corrupted ? Though ordinary saves load fine.
Post edited June 18, 2013 by Merchito