It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The future is furry!

Inherit the Earth, a classic point-and-click adventure game set in the post-human times when animals take over, is available on GOG.com, for only $5.99

Is there a place for humankind in Earth's future? Many would argue that the planet is ours and we will inhabit it for as long as it can nurture life. This might not be the case. In this amazing story, humans are but the stuff of legends, a thing of the past long gone. Animals are the new rulers and they starting to resemble us in many ways, taking on our merits and flaws as a species. There is much uncertainty about the fate of humans and the origins of the animals civilization, and there are many secrets to uncover. One unwilling adventurer will face all the mysteries he wouldn't even dream of as his quest to clear his good name takes him on an unexpected journey.

Inherit the Earth tells an intriguing story of mystery and magic by the means of classic point-and-click adventure gameplay. It sports excellent pixel-art graphics that makes the future world vivid and the anthropomorphic characters believable. The quest that lies before Rif of the Fox Tribe, our main protagonist, is involving and it will keep you entertained down to the last click. If you enjoy point-and-click adventures of the 1990s, make sure not to miss this original little gem.

Venture into the woodland future and witness the adventure of our furry descendants in Inherit the Earth, for only $5.99.
Buenro-games: Amusing to see an environmental themed game from the 90's
http://www.mobygames.com/game/ecoquest-the-search-for-cetus
Bmoyn715: Its not unfinished I have a boxed copy of FTA2: Halls Dead, bought it at a babbages back in the late 90's.
By "unfinished" I meant to say that they released the game knowing that they had not created all the content for the game yet, hence many parts might seem oddly lacking.

Did you notice anything like that?
Oh, awesome; I've been curious about this one for a while. Wishlisted for payday!

Now get 'Wolf' and 'Lion' on here, please!
Thiev: There is a new version (2.0.0.7) on server which should have color issue fixed. Or, if you prefer, I can tell you how to fix your game, but it involves editing windows registry ;-)

Please re-download the game. I apologise for that slight trouble.
ReynardFox: 2.0.0.7? I'm downloading it right now but my copy is marked as 2.0.0.6...
I just double-checked what downloads for the German version and I got version 2.0.0.7 both via the Downloader and when trying to download via my browser. Perhaps this was a server-related issue. Please stop that download, clear it, and try again.
ReynardFox: 2.0.0.7? I'm downloading it right now but my copy is marked as 2.0.0.6...
JudasIscariot: I just double-checked what downloads for the German version and I got version 2.0.0.7 both via the Downloader and when trying to download via my browser. Perhaps this was a server-related issue. Please stop that download, clear it, and try again.
2.0.0.7 is only for German version. English should still be 2.0.0.6.
I remember playing this from school.
Thiev: 2.0.0.7 is only for German version. English should still be 2.0.0.6.
Oh, wow, up until now I hadn't even realized this offer was multi-lingual! That makes it even more of a must-buy for me. :) But I assume the language of the original was English, and German is the translation?
Post edited June 05, 2013 by Leroux
Bmoyn715: Its not unfinished I have a boxed copy of FTA2: Halls Dead, bought it at a babbages back in the late 90's.
timppu: By "unfinished" I meant to say that they released the game knowing that they had not created all the content for the game yet, hence many parts might seem oddly lacking.

Yes, but it seemed much more finished than say Ultima 8, and my only real issue is It took me a little while to to figure out how to play it, as the manual as I recall was not very helpful, also There was ALOT of Voice acting in the game with a TON of overlap of actors. I enjoyed what I played until I accidentally erased my save (did not really back them up back then) and have not gotten back to it since, though I have loaded it up successfully in Dosbox.
Post edited June 05, 2013 by Bmoyn715
timppu: By "unfinished" I meant to say that they released the game knowing that they had not created all the content for the game yet, hence many parts might seem oddly lacking.

Bmoyn715: Yes, but it seemed much more finished than say Ultima 8, and my only real issue is It took me a little while to to figure out how to play it, as the manual as I recall was not very helpful, also There was ALOT of Voice acting in the game with a TON of overlap of actors. I enjoyed what I played until I accidentally erased my save (did not really back them up back then) and have not gotten back to it since, though I have loaded it up successfully in Dosbox.
Seems someone already put up a wishlist entry for it.

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/halls_of_the_dead_faery_tale_adventure_2

Voted :)
HOW DID I MISS THIS NEWS POST
Crosmando: Could be that they own the assets and trademark of the original game, which they used to make a Windows port. But they don't own the original DOS version, as it was published by New World Computing.
Just found out, Wyrmkeep does own the rights to the DOS version, so there should be no obstacle to GOG getting the DOS version.

Get on it GOG!