It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A Fighting Fantasy adventure from the mind of Ian Livingstone.

Deathtrap Dungeon, a challenging action game based on the best-selling Fighting Fantasy gamebook by Ian Livingstone, in which you venture into the most dangerous place in the whole realm in search of fame and fortune, is available on GOG.com, for only $5.99

Hear me, hear me! The distinguished Baron Sukumvit, glorious regent of the city of Fang, protector of the people, defender of no crown, bane of all who dare oppose order, challenges all brave men and women to enter his famous Deathtrap Dungeon! Anyone bold enough to accept this challenge and amuse his Lordship and his noble guests by fighting the demonic deadly denizens of the dungeon, may apply to enter the contest at the city guard office. The challenger who survives all the levels of His Lordship's playground and slays the fierce red dragon Melkor residing in the final chamber, will receive a royal price of no less than 10 000 golden coins and will be allowed to the Fang's throne. So sayeth our beloved ruler, Baron Sukumvit. Hear me, hear me!

Deathtrap Dungeon is a third-person perspective action game that puts you in the middle of a monster-infested, trap-filled maze created with the sole purpose of torturing adventurers for the amusement of nobility. As the brave warrior Bandog, or Red Lotos the fierce Amazon, you will fight a variety of over 50 monsters with your vast selection of fantastic weaponry and magic spells. You'll be also solving various puzzles in order to continue your journey into the depths of the maze, where your ultimate enemy awaits. Based on the popular Fighting Fantasy gamebook by Ian Livingstone, Deathtrap Dungeon presents an unprecedented challenge and rewarding gameplay, while fulfilling this story's destiny which has always been becoming a video game!

Accept the Baron's challenge and, keeping in mind the gold and power that can be yours, boldly step into the ominous Deathtrap Dungeon, for a small entry fee of only $5.99 on GOG.com.
I think everyone who keeps using my mind isn't blown yet is putting Gdoc in a bad position. Have some respect. Your doing to him what politicians and the mass media do in the U.S. Take one statement out of context and repeat it over and over. He said it in the context of him personally so if you don't like what blows his mind it does not apply. Just my 2 cents.
Played it on PS1 and didnt finish it, got it for really cheap on PC and still never finished it. When they say it's challenging they are quite correct.
From the first time I saw this game on a store I despised its graphics, the character design (the girl fighting in a bathing suit being the highlight of the disaster), the obvious and repetitive look of the dungeon. No I didn't play it, I just despised the screenshots. That feeling didn't change.

The game book was good though, like many other Fighting fantasy game books. An interactive version of the original gamebook (not a port of this PC/PSX game) came out for iOS about a year ago, it might still be available for those interested.
rrr8891: Do you seriously not find it annoying?
Nope. At this point it's not funny (I understand if some people never found it funny at all), but to me it's still far from being annoying. There are much worse things around the forum, wishlist and reviews.
rrr8891: Holy shit, I know I said this in another thread, but can the admins IP-ban everyone who squawks "HURRRR WELL MY MIND ISNT BLOWN YET DURRRR" when every. single. new. release is announced?
rodrolliv: Or maybe you could just, you know, ignore those posts if they annoy you so much?

PS MY MIND ISNT BLOWN YET
It's only the beginning of May. Good things come to those who wait and all that, besides don't you have a backlog looking at you? (Not that I am one to talk as my own backlog is getting quite hefty as well :D)
Gog: the only place where they could release "Descent to Undermountain" and people would say that it is a great game. GOG has a really good catalog, but this is one of the most avoidable games of them all.

Let's hope that Drakkan and Ashgan are released as well.
grinninglich: I dont think our mind will be blown soon. GOG teased us many times before but couldnt deliver what was promised.
Psyringe: I think it's more a case of "the community takes casual remarks from bluetexts far too seriously", otherwise known as "wishful thinking".

Sometimes the community behaves like 13-year old experiencing his first crush. "She looked at my direction, so she must be deeply in love with me!" ;)
/thread.
If Memory serves, Deathtrap Dungeon used the Tomb Raider engine and ,although based on a gamebook, is pretty much Lara goes Medieval.
Post edited May 09, 2013 by dudalb
dudalb: If Memory serves, Deathtrap Dungeon used the Tomb Raider engine and ,although based on a gamebook, is pretty much Lara goes Medieval.
That's why I almost bought it because I'm a TR fiend but, and I'm a broken record I know, if a game is going to have tough enemys and tricky jumps then IT HAS TO HAVE a save anywhere system. Shame too because on paper it seems like the game was made for me.
Risingson: Gog: the only place where they could release "Descent to Undermountain" and people would say that it is a great game. GOG has a really good catalog, but this is one of the most avoidable games of them all.
As I said elsewhere, I think maybe they released this because they were obligated under the Square Enix contract.
rodrolliv: Or maybe you could just, you know, ignore those posts if they annoy you so much?

Nothing will ever challenge the utter annoyance of people who post "FIRST" on the first post. Compared to that everything else is intellectually stimulating poetry.

Even so, I think I still have seen some gdmn rtrds still posting sporadic "FIRST" posts now and then.

People are annoying in general.

Instead of playing their backlog, they'd rather bitch :P
Post edited May 09, 2013 by Fuzzyfireball
Whitewraith: I think everyone who keeps using my mind isn't blown yet is putting Gdoc in a bad position. Have some respect. Your doing to him what politicians and the mass media do in the U.S. Take one statement out of context and repeat it over and over. He said it in the context of him personally so if you don't like what blows his mind it does not apply. Just my 2 cents.
Well GDoc should be happy with the releases even if people moan.
My mind might not be literally 'blown', but with the selection of good releases this month my backlog, and my wallet sure feel that way.
The fact that GOG have Eschalon 1 and 2 this week and Reus is coming next week I am a very happy gamer.
I don't want to ruffle any feathers here but has anyone noticed that by posting about how annoying it is to see the thread full complaint post that you are in turn filling the thread with complaint post?
Even if this is horrible, I'll probably pick this up. I've always had bizarre taste. Wishlisted.