It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Your terror will be legendary--even in hell!

Clive Barker’s Undying, a captivating horror-themed first person shooter with a dark arcane story penned by one of contemporary the masters of terrifying fiction, is available on GOG.com, for only $5.99.

The Covenant siblings had no bad intentions. Just some words found in an old book from the father's library--what harm could they do? It was going to be all fun, and only fun to utter the blasphemous passages at the old standing stones in the garden. So they called upon the darkness, never expecting it would answer. It did. A dark occult ritual unleashed ancient demonic forces upon the Covenant Estate on the coast of Ireland. A demonic presence threatens to unravel the very fabric of our reality. You are Patrick Galloway, an expert on the occult, the wielder of the demonic Gel'ziabar Stone, and a friend to Jeremiah Covenent, the eldest of the siblings. You are summoned to end the chaos and free the condemned souls.

Clive Barker’s Undying is a first person shooter that delivers fantastic action gameplay and splices it with occult mystery and terror. You will face horrors from hell and put them to rest with incredible weapons like the Tibetan hand cannon or the Scythe of the Celt. Clive Barker, himself, influenced the story greatly and even voiced one of the characters. If you are a horror fan and enjoy immersive FPS gameplay, no force in heaven nor hell should stop you from playing this one!

Find out why the dead are restless and help them on their way back to the void in Clive Barker’s Undying, for only $5.99 on GOG.com!
oldschool: From your last "This week on GOG" I assumed the game was going to be Revenant. I guessed wrong, hopefully in the near future GOG will release this classic.
You never know, GOG might just keep reusing that hint for a few weeks while they release every undead horror game known to man. So there could always be next week.
fr33kSh0w2012: In a nutshell this videogame is pure hot gaming S*X yes that 's what it is!
tinyE: Can I borrow that line for future use? Some of you make me feel so verbally inadequate. Of course, it's not as good as the line from Boogie Nights, "That is hot fuck action to the max Jack!"
Sure, You can TinyE!
Tried playing this on disc a few years ago but my processor speed the gameplay up to much.

Is this still an issue? If not how has it been resolved?
GOG.com: Your terror will be legendary--even in hell!
Nice Hellraiser reference! This game is definitely going on my wish list.
Wow!, what a couple of months! System Shock 2, Blade of Darkness, Nomad Soul, Undying. All my obscure favorites one after another. At this pace I wouldn't be surprised to see Silent Hill 2 or Morrowind next week. Keep them coming, gog!
johnki: Any chance of seeing the Mac version here soon?
I hope not. The Mac version ran like garbage on my machine. Granted it was a 400 Mhz G4, but according to the system requirements on the box, it should have been able to run on a 400 Mhz G3 machine. In any case, Aspyr's original port was PPC-only.

According to the WINE AppDB, this has a Platinum rating with 1.5.23, so I'll give it a go and see what I can do with it in Wineskin.
Crosmando: Ha, I remember how this game pissed off so many FPS fans back in the day, due to the mechanic that every few shots fired, one bullet is randomly designated to miss, no matter how accurately you aim.
Snickersnack: That sounds almost as bad as Shogo's critical hits. XD
You know, I actually wondered about that. Even with dead-on head shots, my default pistol was nigh useless for many monster encounters. At least Shogo MAD's critical hits actually worked. Well, most of the time anyway.
Post edited March 19, 2013 by rampancy
rampancy: According to the WINE AppDB, this has a Platinum rating with 1.5.23, so I'll give it a go and see what I can do with it in Wineskin.
Tell me how that turns out. One of these days, I need to learn to use Wineskin.
For the people who liked the music, the composer has the MP3s in his page: http://www.billbrownmusic.com/musicG4.php#clive

Edit: only now I saw this was already posted in the game forum: http://www.gog.com/forum/clive_barkers_undying/soundtrack
Post edited March 19, 2013 by gandalf.nho
This look like more my type of game than SS2. But i haven't beaten SS2 yet, another similar game have to wait.
wormholewizards: This look like more my type of game than SS2. But i haven't beaten SS2 yet, another similar game have to wait.
Not yet? 0.o

(I'm on the Rickenbacker already...:D)
GameRager: Not yet? 0.o

I just realized FPS / RPG hybrid simply not my thing. Making my progress very slowly.
GameRager: Not yet? 0.o

wormholewizards: I just realized FPS / RPG hybrid simply not my thing. Making my progress very slowly.
Run.....runnnnnnnnnn
This was the number one game on my wishlist for years. I eventually ended up buying it on disk from amazon this past December, normally if I didn't have it already I would be shitting in my pants again in excitement at this release today.

But I will still double dip and re-purchase just because I think you guys deserve it for landing a game that was so high on my wishlist
Post edited March 20, 2013 by CaptainGyro
rampancy: According to the WINE AppDB, this has a Platinum rating with 1.5.23, so I'll give it a go and see what I can do with it in Wineskin.
johnki: Tell me how that turns out. One of these days, I need to learn to use Wineskin.
As it happens, it's turned out quite well (but I'm not surprised, as UE-based games have generally behaved well on my Mac through Wineskin and CrossOver). The game runs quite well, except that mouse controls seem to be quite jaggy out of the box; you'll likely want to turn on mouse smoothing (IIRC, that was a complaint when the game first came out too).

On my main Mac (C2D MacBook, GMA 950, 10.6.8, Wineskin Winery 1.7/Wineskin 2.5.9, WineWS9 1.5.23AMDSpeedHack), performance seemed to be slightly better using Direct3D at 1024x768 32 bit, rather than using nGlide. I also haven't gotten widescreen resolutions to work as it seems to be hardlocked at 4:3.

But those are minor quibbles and perfectly reasonable given this game's age. IMO, if you've wanted to pick up this game for your Mac, I'd heartily recommend it. Oh, and if you're interested in learning the ropes about Wineskin, you're welcome to check out my tutorial: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_games_on_mac_os_x_a_how_to/post6
Post edited March 20, 2013 by rampancy
*must resist buying another classic...*