It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For those about to ROCK, we salute you!

Brütal Legend, an epic heavy metal tale of one exceptional roadie's way to rocking godhood in the timeless realm of thundering power chords, is available 33% off on GOG.com for Windows and Mac OS X. That's only $9.99 for the first week.

Eddie Riggs wasn't a roadie. He was the roadie. The best there ever was. That thing they say about him, that the elder gods of rock themselves called upon him to embody the spirit of heavy metal, that's probably true. So, how he ended up building stages and carrying guitars for the worst band of nu-emo-rap-metal posers, remains a mystery. They also say, however, that once horned angels leave a mark on a man's soul, he is destined for great things. Terrible, but great. That's why Eddie didn't stay confused long, when by ancient magic he was dragged straight into the middle of the hellish metal realm. With heart full of thunder, head full of raging riffs, and hands full of double-bladed battle axe, he rushed to meet the epic adventure, and probably violently knock out some of its teeth. This is his story: the tale of how the elder realm of rock was changed forever to remain the same.

http://instagram.com/p/cGsXlmqf93

Brütal Legend is a mixture of an action-RPG of the hack and slash pedigree, spiked with a serving of real-time strategy unit command. Most importantly, though, it's a tribute to all things heavy metal. It visits many iconic motifs of the true rock aesthetics and sports over a hundred heavy metal hymns from rocking giants as Judas Priest, Motörhead, Black Sabbath, Manowar, and Slayer, among others, in its exceptional in-game soundtrack. The main character is voiced by the Hollywood's hardest rocker Jack Black, and the inhabitants of the elder realm speak with the voices of legends such as Ozzy Osbourne, Lemmy Kilmister, Rob Halford, and--as the demonic über-villain--Tim Curry. Hell, this game even has Wil Wheaton! That explosive mixture of amazing artists, epic music, brilliant story, and bloody action-packed gameplay was conceived and developed by Tim Schafer and his insanely creative and creatively insane Double Fine team. If you're passionate about any of the mentioned elements, you will instantly fall in love with this awe-inspiring game!

Set off on the highway to hell and pick your heavy metal destiny while the blazing thunders of rock blaze through your skull in Brütal Legend, for only $9.99 on GOG.com. The 33% off offer lasts until Tuesday, July 29, at 9:59AM GMT.

Important notice:
This DRM-free version of the game does not support multi-player features due to circumstances beyond our control.
Post edited July 23, 2013 by G-Doc
KneeTheCap: Just look at the game, and the fucking game itself. THE GAME.
So what you're basically saying is that even if GOG's version came with a guaranteed lifetime health insurance for your whole family it's still the inferior version because the one from Steam has more GAME, right?

Nobody is happy about the lack of MP, that's for shure. Fact is, it's not just about the actual ingame content. It's also things like pricing, bonus content, DRM, support, physical cases and manuals, etc. It's the whole package that makes one version inferior or superior to another, and it's a matter of personal taste how much weight you put on each of those things.
KneeTheCap: Just look at the game, and the fucking game itself. THE GAME.
Bavarian: So what you're basically saying is that even if GOG's version came with a guaranteed lifetime health insurance for your whole family it's still the inferior version because the one from Steam has more GAME, right?

Nobody is happy about the lack of MP, that's for shure. Fact is, it's not just about the actual ingame content. It's also things like pricing, bonus content, DRM, support, physical cases and manuals, etc. It's the whole package that makes one version inferior or superior to another, and it's a matter of personal taste how much weight you put on each of those things.
Sure, whatever you say. You're right, I'm wrong. Happy now?
Check this out, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b1acvZRvV4
DoctorGOGgles: Humble Bundle version has a partial soundtrack included... Also a Linux version...

Really, I'm starting to be a bit disappointed with GOG. They've used to release definitive/complete versions of games with all extras included...
I know how you feel. I'm disappointed they haven't included "Bright Falls" with Alan Wake.
low rated
DoctorGOGgles: Humble Bundle version has a partial soundtrack included... Also a Linux version...

Really, I'm starting to be a bit disappointed with GOG. They've used to release definitive/complete versions of games with all extras included...
KainDrake: I know how you feel. I'm disappointed they haven't included "Bright Falls" with Alan Wake.
Please don't say that. Every version of every game GOG sells is the superior one.
KneeTheCap: Please don't say that. Every version of every game GOG sells is the superior one.
Nothing better to do, eh?
KneeTheCap: Please don't say that. Every version of every game GOG sells is the superior one.
Shaolin_sKunk: Nothing better to do, eh?
What's that supposed to mean? I'm praising GOG games, am I not?
KneeTheCap: What's that supposed to mean? I'm praising GOG games, am I not?
It means you're wasting time quibbling with random denizens of the internet instead of going out and enjoying your life.

Should not be hard to comprehend, eh?
KneeTheCap: What's that supposed to mean? I'm praising GOG games, am I not?
Shaolin_sKunk: It means you're wasting time quibbling with random denizens of the internet instead of going out and enjoying your life.

Should not be hard to comprehend, eh?
Now you're just being confrontational. I am merely saying what everyone else is saying. GOG games are the best, the superior, the one and only.

Surely it's allowed from me ?
KneeTheCap: Don't take into account achievements, cards, DRM or your granny's panties for this one, just look at the fucking base game. Even you cannot be this hard-headed. Just look at the game.

Objectively. WIthout any personal bias.
Sorry, I understand what you are saying, but it can't be reduced to "just look at the game"... you have to take into account achievements, cards, drm, price and all that flluff to judge the package as a whole, because they are selling the package as a whole with the good stuff AND the bad stuff, inseparable.

Like many other types of goods, you choose a store based also on the extra stuff and/or services attached to the good itself, and those are perceived differently by different costumers, so, even if the object they are selling is exactly the same, you can't always state, as an absolute truth, which store is the better choice for everyone.

Suppose you have your typical game, SuperStore sells it with the expansion pack included but no extras, MegaStore sells only the base game, but with the bonus soundtrack and making-of videos. Same price.
Are you really suggesting that you, on behalf of every customer on the planet, can objectively state that SuperStore has the superior version because "the fucking game" has more content?!

Having said that, in my personal and subjective opinion, the Steam DRM would be tolerable enough to make their version superior, since, all things equal, i might prefer at least the chance to try the multiplayer aspect, as good or as bad it might be...
However, all things are not equal, since i cannot avoid to notice there's also an 8 euros difference between the two, at full price; once again, in my personal and subjective opinion, that might not be worth the multiplayer stuff, so putting all this on the scale, the balance might now fall towards GOG.
Could this evaluation be valid for every customer? i don't think so, but neither is the opposite one...
Post edited July 24, 2013 by Antaniserse
PaterAlf: More content doesn't automatically make a product superior. There are many movies for example in which the original version (with less content) is by far superior to the Director's Cut (which more content).

And no, many of us can't ignore DRM or DRM-free for a second as it is part of the product (which consists of more as just the game.

Surely that is not impossible to comprehend?
KneeTheCap: For the love of...

Fine. I give up. You win. Congratulations. GOG version is the superior, all hail GOG.
hahaha, I think you're still wrong. :)

For me, the gog version is superior, for others the steam version may well be superior. It all depends on what you value.
KneeTheCap: For the love of...

Fine. I give up. You win. Congratulations. GOG version is the superior, all hail GOG.
htown1980: hahaha, I think you're still wrong. :)

For me, the gog version is superior, for others the steam version may well be superior. It all depends on what you value.
I already did say I was wrong. I can now see clearly. Thank you all for putting me on the right path.
htown1980: hahaha, I think you're still wrong. :)

KneeTheCap: I already did say I was wrong. I can now see clearly. Thank you all for putting me on the right path.
I know, but then you got it wrong again when you said the gog version was superior.

I am not sure you are on the right path yet. Keep searching, you'll get there!!!!
(EDIT: Don't know if this has been mentioned previously.)

Hey guys, I took a look at the Steam version.

It appears that the GOG version will actually end up being cheaper because the Steam version is 19.99 normally (or 24.99 with OST), and this version will end up being 14.99 normally. Perhaps because multiplayer was out, GOG was able to convince DF to lower the price.

So you don't get the multiplayer or soundtrack, but you do save 5 bucks it seems. (I'd prefer to have it be 19.99 with OST, though.)
Post edited July 25, 2013 by tfishell
KneeTheCap: I already did say I was wrong. I can now see clearly. Thank you all for putting me on the right path.
Please stop embarrassing yourself. It's painful to watch.