It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For those about to ROCK, we salute you!

Brütal Legend, an epic heavy metal tale of one exceptional roadie's way to rocking godhood in the timeless realm of thundering power chords, is available 33% off on GOG.com for Windows and Mac OS X. That's only $9.99 for the first week.

Eddie Riggs wasn't a roadie. He was the roadie. The best there ever was. That thing they say about him, that the elder gods of rock themselves called upon him to embody the spirit of heavy metal, that's probably true. So, how he ended up building stages and carrying guitars for the worst band of nu-emo-rap-metal posers, remains a mystery. They also say, however, that once horned angels leave a mark on a man's soul, he is destined for great things. Terrible, but great. That's why Eddie didn't stay confused long, when by ancient magic he was dragged straight into the middle of the hellish metal realm. With heart full of thunder, head full of raging riffs, and hands full of double-bladed battle axe, he rushed to meet the epic adventure, and probably violently knock out some of its teeth. This is his story: the tale of how the elder realm of rock was changed forever to remain the same.

http://instagram.com/p/cGsXlmqf93

Brütal Legend is a mixture of an action-RPG of the hack and slash pedigree, spiked with a serving of real-time strategy unit command. Most importantly, though, it's a tribute to all things heavy metal. It visits many iconic motifs of the true rock aesthetics and sports over a hundred heavy metal hymns from rocking giants as Judas Priest, Motörhead, Black Sabbath, Manowar, and Slayer, among others, in its exceptional in-game soundtrack. The main character is voiced by the Hollywood's hardest rocker Jack Black, and the inhabitants of the elder realm speak with the voices of legends such as Ozzy Osbourne, Lemmy Kilmister, Rob Halford, and--as the demonic über-villain--Tim Curry. Hell, this game even has Wil Wheaton! That explosive mixture of amazing artists, epic music, brilliant story, and bloody action-packed gameplay was conceived and developed by Tim Schafer and his insanely creative and creatively insane Double Fine team. If you're passionate about any of the mentioned elements, you will instantly fall in love with this awe-inspiring game!

Set off on the highway to hell and pick your heavy metal destiny while the blazing thunders of rock blaze through your skull in Brütal Legend, for only $9.99 on GOG.com. The 33% off offer lasts until Tuesday, July 29, at 9:59AM GMT.

Important notice:
This DRM-free version of the game does not support multi-player features due to circumstances beyond our control.
Post edited July 23, 2013 by G-Doc
stoicsentry: CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM THAT I AM NOT DREAMING
...you want a virtual pinch or something?
stoicsentry: CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM THAT I AM NOT DREAMING
rodrolliv: ...you want a virtual pinch or something?
boiling water works better!
Of course. NOW the game is on GOG.

Sorry, but I'm not buying this game for a 3rd time.
rodrolliv: ...you want a virtual pinch or something?
Stooner: boiling water works better!
You can do whatever you like to me if you give me a game with Ozzy Lemmy Tim Curry Wil Wheaton Jack Black music by Priest and Sabbath and Manowar and Motorhead holy ****ing hell did this game exist before and if so WHY DID YOU NOT ALL PM ME WITH THE INFO? I HATE YOU ALL
Gonchi: Nice release, though not something I'm particularly interested in. Was kind of hoping today's release would be The Raven, apparently it's for sale everywhere except GOG.
JMich: The Raven will appear on GOG once all episodes have been released. Let me dig up the reference.

Edit: Post here by Nordic Games.
Thanks for that info. I'll wait for the GOG release.
Stooner: boiling water works better!
stoicsentry: You can do whatever you like to me if you give me a game with Ozzy Lemmy Tim Curry Wil Wheaton Jack Black music by Priest and Sabbath and Manowar and Motorhead holy ****ing hell did this game exist before and if so WHY DID YOU NOT ALL PM ME WITH THE INFO? I HATE YOU ALL
BECAUSE YOU WERE SLEEPING!
While following this thread i almost forgot that i've been interested in this game for a long time... bought it. :)
high rated
htown1980: I am interested in your response to the comments that the DRM-freeness outweighs the lack of multiplayer (which I personally would not even consider playing) making the gog versions superior.

Right now I am just hearing crickets...
KneeTheCap: Lovely crickets, huh?

The thing is, that when a game has something cut from it, making it having less content, that version cannot be superior to the one that has got the cut content. Surely that is not impossible to comprehend?

I know you all are gonna preach how it doesn't matter to you and that you wouldn't play it anyway. That still doesn't change the fact that the version gog sells, has less content, making it an inferior product.

Please, downrate this too. Make it even clearer that you all are after the poster, not the post. Please. You want to.
My two cents:

Firstly, the downrepping. The reason for your downrepping may not necessarilly be what you are saying, but the way you are saying it. Lot's of people have arguments on here all the time (me especially) but don't necessarily get downrepped every time they disagree with other people. Your posting style tends to be less diplomatic and more inflammatory, less logical and more emotional, which makes you sound like a bit of a jerk. I'm not saying you are one, but you kind of sound like one. People who seem like jerks tend to get downrepped. If you don't care about rep, don't change your style, it doesn't bother me personally. If you do care about rep, maybe try to get your point accross without the hyperbole and smugness (example, "Surely that is no impossible to comprehend?"). Or you can just ignore this.

Secondly, the issue of superior/inferior version. As many others have said, most people seem to accept that, all other things being equal, if the only difference between the steam version and the gog version was that the gog version lacked multiplayer, then yes, the gog version would definitely be the inferior version. The point many others have made is that there is another difference. The gog version is drm free. Now you might say drm-free is meaningless to you. As I might say no multiplayer is meaningless to me. The point is there are pros and cons of each version and in determining which version is superior or inferior (if you feel the need to do so) those pros and cons should be weighed against each other. For me, drm free is important and multiplayer is completely irrelevant (having not played a multiplayer game for at least 5 years), as such the gog version, for my tastes, is superior. It seems to me that for you multiplayer is important and drm is not an issue so the steam version is superior.

In my view, to ignore the pros of the gog version and focus only on the cons is intellectually dishonest.
SmashManiac: Of course. NOW the game is on GOG.

Sorry, but I'm not buying this game for a 3rd time.
Yeah, I know where you're coming from.

If I thought that more purchases might convince them to do a bit more dev and include LAN/Direct Connect multiplayer for the DRM free versions then .... maybe?

But sadly, I'm all but certain the only reason this is showing up on GOG after going through a Humble Bundle is because Double Fine is bleeding cash on the Broken Age project more than they let on.
Nice to see the game on GOG, but I already bought it on PS3 two years ago.

Maybe the revitalized interest with the PC port will mean that Double Fine will finally be allowed to release the patches for the PS3 version.
already own it on my Xbox 360 and love it.

now that it is on GOG, i have no reason to not buying it on PC lol
rrr8891: this is a mess of a game. unfortunately. thoroughly mediocre. yet. still. a mess. mediocre is NOT usually MESSY. and yet this. NIGGER FUCKING THIS. is so FUCKING mediocre i think i want to FAGGOT PUKE.
just replying for posterity sake.

in my view you should be able to give an opinion of the game without using language offensive to so many people. it can't be that hard...
KneeTheCap: The thing is, that when a game has something cut from it, making it having less content, that version cannot be superior to the one that has got the cut content. Surely that is not impossible to comprehend?
Yes it can, if it has some other feature that is more important to the viewer, like single-player part being DRM-free. So it is a matter of opinion which version one would consider superior. I have no idea why you keep arguing it isn't, and your opinion should be the universal truth that everyone must share. So who made you the Hitler, huh?

So to recap (pun intended):

- If you care about the multiplayer part but not single-player being DRM-free, the Steam version is the way to go.

- If you don't care about the multiplayer but care about SP DRM-free, the GOG version is the way to go.

- If you want both the single-player DRM-free and multiplayer, then you have a bit of a dilemma. First you need to build a time machine, and then travel in time to early May in order to buy DoubleFine Humble Bundle where you got the Steam key for multiplayer, and the HiB DRM-free version.
Post edited July 24, 2013 by timppu
rrr8891: this is a mess of a game. unfortunately. thoroughly mediocre. yet. still. a mess. mediocre is NOT usually MESSY. and yet this. NIGGER FUCKING THIS. is so FUCKING mediocre i think i want to FAGGOT PUKE.
Trying really hard to get banned, huh?
What the hell is with all the foaming at the mouth?