It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For those about to ROCK, we salute you!

Brütal Legend, an epic heavy metal tale of one exceptional roadie's way to rocking godhood in the timeless realm of thundering power chords, is available 33% off on GOG.com for Windows and Mac OS X. That's only $9.99 for the first week.

Eddie Riggs wasn't a roadie. He was the roadie. The best there ever was. That thing they say about him, that the elder gods of rock themselves called upon him to embody the spirit of heavy metal, that's probably true. So, how he ended up building stages and carrying guitars for the worst band of nu-emo-rap-metal posers, remains a mystery. They also say, however, that once horned angels leave a mark on a man's soul, he is destined for great things. Terrible, but great. That's why Eddie didn't stay confused long, when by ancient magic he was dragged straight into the middle of the hellish metal realm. With heart full of thunder, head full of raging riffs, and hands full of double-bladed battle axe, he rushed to meet the epic adventure, and probably violently knock out some of its teeth. This is his story: the tale of how the elder realm of rock was changed forever to remain the same.

http://instagram.com/p/cGsXlmqf93

Brütal Legend is a mixture of an action-RPG of the hack and slash pedigree, spiked with a serving of real-time strategy unit command. Most importantly, though, it's a tribute to all things heavy metal. It visits many iconic motifs of the true rock aesthetics and sports over a hundred heavy metal hymns from rocking giants as Judas Priest, Motörhead, Black Sabbath, Manowar, and Slayer, among others, in its exceptional in-game soundtrack. The main character is voiced by the Hollywood's hardest rocker Jack Black, and the inhabitants of the elder realm speak with the voices of legends such as Ozzy Osbourne, Lemmy Kilmister, Rob Halford, and--as the demonic über-villain--Tim Curry. Hell, this game even has Wil Wheaton! That explosive mixture of amazing artists, epic music, brilliant story, and bloody action-packed gameplay was conceived and developed by Tim Schafer and his insanely creative and creatively insane Double Fine team. If you're passionate about any of the mentioned elements, you will instantly fall in love with this awe-inspiring game!

Set off on the highway to hell and pick your heavy metal destiny while the blazing thunders of rock blaze through your skull in Brütal Legend, for only $9.99 on GOG.com. The 33% off offer lasts until Tuesday, July 29, at 9:59AM GMT.

Important notice:
This DRM-free version of the game does not support multi-player features due to circumstances beyond our control.
Post edited July 23, 2013 by G-Doc
Gonchi: Nice release, though not something I'm particularly interested in. Was kind of hoping today's release would be The Raven, apparently it's for sale everywhere except GOG.
JMich: The Raven will appear on GOG once all episodes have been released. Let me dig up the reference.

Edit: Post here by Nordic Games.
I thought GOG was going to start selling episodic games before they were finished.
Post edited July 23, 2013 by GaminggUy45
All right! I have been waiting for this game to appear on GOG since it first came out on the PC! Personally, I do not care that the multiplayer has been axed if it means I get a DRM-free version, as I rarely ever play multiplayer. My only complaint is that the soundtrack is not included.
Post edited July 25, 2013 by Barry_Woodward
BuzzLightyear2: My only complaint is that the soundtrack is not included.
This has been discussed before. Apparently you can dig up the audio files from the game directory like you can with Hotline Miami and some other games.
Although Double Fine have a very fine pedigree this for me was a little off the path. I would rather recommend that people buy Psychonauts, Costume Quest or Stacking as each one is fantastic in its own unique way, but this I will be waiting for a deep discount before buying it again.

EDIT:::

BuzzLightyear2: All right! I have been waiting for this game to appear on GOG since it first came out on the PC! Personally, I do not care that the multiplayer has been axed if it means I get a DRM-free version, as I rarely ever play multiplayer. My only complaint is that the soundtrack is not included.
Not having multiplayer on this is such an inconsequential bit of added bumph that I can live without it too. As for the soundtrack, that is a shame, as it is with Alan Wake. Hopefully one day GOG will give away both as extras.
Post edited July 23, 2013 by 011284mm
There's no multiplayer, but it is $5 cheaper. Also correct me if i'm wrong, the Soundtrack edition sold at much higher price point, which is $25. So, does it make GOG version an inferior one? I don't really think so.
wormholewizards: There's no multiplayer, but it is $5 cheaper. Also correct me if i'm wrong, the Soundtrack edition sold at much higher price point, which is $25. So, does it make GOG version an inferior one? I don't really think so.
It wasn't "much higher", it was a few dollars, maybe $5 or so. The least DF could have done would have been to include the OST to make up for the axe they took to the game.

We've just had the Steam sale. BL was part of a not-too-long-ago Humble Weekly. It's currently part of GamersGate's third Summer Sale week (not sure if it's alone or only part of the DF Bundle on the site). It's, what, $10 now? $15 base price.

it's also a pretty bad port, or at least it was for the first month or two after release when almost every patch (a new patch every day or two, it seemed) was more interested in balancing the multiplayer than actually fixing any visual issues.
KneeTheCap: So the superior one is the one that has missing features? Now I've seen it all...
I am interested in your response to the comments that the DRM-freeness outweighs the lack of multiplayer (which I personally would not even consider playing) making the gog versions superior.

Right now I am just hearing crickets...
I remember a time when it wasn't mandatory to have a crappy multi-player mode shoe-horned into games. :(

As for this game, it's nice to have more stuff on GOG, but I really don't care for this one.

And when did Humble Bundle do a Double Fine bundle? I've been subscribed to them for years, but apparently they don't like to tell when they have new stuff available any more (this would be at least the third bundle I've missed out on because they didn't send me an e-mail). They make sure to tell me when they do crap like e-book bundles or music, but God forbid they actually tell me when they have more video games for sale.
Post edited July 23, 2013 by T.A.P.
low rated
KneeTheCap: So the superior one is the one that has missing features? Now I've seen it all...
htown1980: I am interested in your response to the comments that the DRM-freeness outweighs the lack of multiplayer (which I personally would not even consider playing) making the gog versions superior.

Right now I am just hearing crickets...
Lovely crickets, huh?

The thing is, that when a game has something cut from it, making it having less content, that version cannot be superior to the one that has got the cut content. Surely that is not impossible to comprehend?

I know you all are gonna preach how it doesn't matter to you and that you wouldn't play it anyway. That still doesn't change the fact that the version gog sells, has less content, making it an inferior product.

Please, downrate this too. Make it even clearer that you all are after the poster, not the post. Please. You want to.
For anyone on the fence: The game is worth it for the single player alone. What makes this game great is the plot and characters - and that is shown mainly in the single player, since Multiplayer is only about the (not so great) combat-parts of single player.

So, losing the multiplayer is absolutely NOT a big deal!
coldalarm: But it IS an unreasonable expectation. You cannot expect 107 licensed tracks to be given away. Even a $5-10 compilation CD would be unreasonable, because of the sheer number of tracks. DF don't own the licenses to these tracks, they have licensed them *from* the bands/record labels for use in the game, not for distribution as music files.
There are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of free tracks available at Amazon's MP3 store, many by established bands from major labels. Expecting easy access (without the use of a third party audio extraction or conversion program) to the 107 songs featured within a game for which I've paid remains for me a reasonable (but not obstacle-free) expectation.
IS THIS REAL LIFE

DOES THIS GAME REALLY EXIST

THIS CANNOT BE REAL
T.A.P.: snip
And when did Humble Bundle do a Double Fine bundle?
snip
The Humble Double Fine Bundle was in early May this year - you could find more specific info on dates on their blog (sorry, too lazy to go find it now).
CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM THAT I AM NOT DREAMING