It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For those about to ROCK, we salute you!

Brütal Legend, an epic heavy metal tale of one exceptional roadie's way to rocking godhood in the timeless realm of thundering power chords, is available 33% off on GOG.com for Windows and Mac OS X. That's only $9.99 for the first week.

Eddie Riggs wasn't a roadie. He was the roadie. The best there ever was. That thing they say about him, that the elder gods of rock themselves called upon him to embody the spirit of heavy metal, that's probably true. So, how he ended up building stages and carrying guitars for the worst band of nu-emo-rap-metal posers, remains a mystery. They also say, however, that once horned angels leave a mark on a man's soul, he is destined for great things. Terrible, but great. That's why Eddie didn't stay confused long, when by ancient magic he was dragged straight into the middle of the hellish metal realm. With heart full of thunder, head full of raging riffs, and hands full of double-bladed battle axe, he rushed to meet the epic adventure, and probably violently knock out some of its teeth. This is his story: the tale of how the elder realm of rock was changed forever to remain the same.

http://instagram.com/p/cGsXlmqf93

Brütal Legend is a mixture of an action-RPG of the hack and slash pedigree, spiked with a serving of real-time strategy unit command. Most importantly, though, it's a tribute to all things heavy metal. It visits many iconic motifs of the true rock aesthetics and sports over a hundred heavy metal hymns from rocking giants as Judas Priest, Motörhead, Black Sabbath, Manowar, and Slayer, among others, in its exceptional in-game soundtrack. The main character is voiced by the Hollywood's hardest rocker Jack Black, and the inhabitants of the elder realm speak with the voices of legends such as Ozzy Osbourne, Lemmy Kilmister, Rob Halford, and--as the demonic über-villain--Tim Curry. Hell, this game even has Wil Wheaton! That explosive mixture of amazing artists, epic music, brilliant story, and bloody action-packed gameplay was conceived and developed by Tim Schafer and his insanely creative and creatively insane Double Fine team. If you're passionate about any of the mentioned elements, you will instantly fall in love with this awe-inspiring game!

Set off on the highway to hell and pick your heavy metal destiny while the blazing thunders of rock blaze through your skull in Brütal Legend, for only $9.99 on GOG.com. The 33% off offer lasts until Tuesday, July 29, at 9:59AM GMT.

Important notice:
This DRM-free version of the game does not support multi-player features due to circumstances beyond our control.
Post edited July 23, 2013 by G-Doc
Zoidberg: Yeah, inferior drm version.
snip
DRM or DRM-free?

Zoidberg: snip
I mean Gog did that for other games in their catalog, Don't Starve had a key for the updates, etc...
Was that a Steam Key?
Post edited July 23, 2013 by Barry_Woodward
dirtyharry50: That bit was a sarcastic response to another post above it which was quoted. I do not actually believe that.
HypersomniacLive: I was actually a bit surprised to read that; please accept my apologies - damn, wish the tone of posts on forums was more apparent.
No worries. :D
KneeTheCap: Ah, people are still defending GOG. Figures. Selling an inferior product, and you're happy about it? Does not compute. Though it's not the only one here.

*cough*Witcher2*cough*

Edit. GOG, yes. GOG accepted this game from Double Fine. It's not DF's fault at all.
Some of us, such as I, don't care about multiplayer, making the GOG version the superior one.
DeadlyRamon: I'm a huge fan of heavy metal music (my Michael Jackson avatar is a bit tongue-in-cheek, though I like his older music, too), and would buy this game from GOG, though I already own it through Steam, if GOG would include its licensed music soundtrack. Don't call me naive or stupid for insisting that 107 metal tracks be included with a mere $10 game. If GOG can get Ultima VII with its horrendous Voodoo memory manager to work on modern systems, then there's nothing it can't do, within reason–and including a music soundtrack for a game that features music so prominently is not in my opinion an unreasonable expectation.
But it IS an unreasonable expectation. You cannot expect 107 licensed tracks to be given away. Even a $5-10 compilation CD would be unreasonable, because of the sheer number of tracks. DF don't own the licenses to these tracks, they have licensed them *from* the bands/record labels for use in the game, not for distribution as music files.

What *is* ridiculous is that the original soundtrack is not included.

I got this from GamersGate (Steamworks, ofc), and I gotta say it's a terrible port of a mediocre-at-best game. It's got excellent design, don't get me wrong, but the visuals are broken and pretty low-quality anyway, the sound isn't particularly great, the combat is pathetic and it's just such a badly-made game. It wanted to be more than it is, and it never narrowed itself down to account for what it was becoming. You have this sprawling world that's basically just *dead*.
Someone should kickstart an open sauce multiplayer framework. I'd even pledge.
low rated
KneeTheCap: Ah, people are still defending GOG. Figures. Selling an inferior product, and you're happy about it? Does not compute. Though it's not the only one here.

*cough*Witcher2*cough*

Edit. GOG, yes. GOG accepted this game from Double Fine. It's not DF's fault at all.
AlKim: Some of us, such as I, don't care about multiplayer, making the GOG version the superior one.
So the superior one is the one that has missing features? Now I've seen it all...
Zoidberg: Yeah, inferior drm version.
snip
HypersomniacLive: DRM or DRM-free?

Zoidberg: snip
I mean Gog did that for other games in their catalog, Don't Starve had a key for the updates, etc...
HypersomniacLive: Was that a Steam Key?
Yeah, I meant DRM free... and no it wasn't a steam key but it was an external key, and Humble Store provides steam keys too.

*cough*Witcher2*cough*

What's wrong with Witcher 2? Game wasn't that great but definitely worth the price.

Anyway this deal seems pretty unappealing. But at least it is $5 cheaper than any other store, maybe to make up for the stripped multiplayer component.
nijuu: Bugger the MP.
Why doesn't the GOG version come with the soundtrack (this is starting to become a common theme) considering its more expensive than when it the game was flogged on Humble ?
Crosmando: Same deal with Arcanum, you can pull the audio files straight out of the install directory but yet GOG didn't bother to put them in a zip file separately as ost.
Convenience is nice and all, but if its as simple as copying from the install directory, then why bother with a second download? It's great when the game audio is in some unusable format, but seems to be just an untrue bonus if you already have the usable files any way.
Zoidberg: Yeah, I meant DRM free... and no it wasn't a steam key but it was an external key, and Humble Store provides steam keys too.
The difference between GOG offering specifically a Steam Key and any other kind of external key (linked/ tied directly to the devs) should be apparent enough.

And there is no comparison between Humble Store and GOG - Humble Store (widget) is a payment processor like BMT Micro, FastSpring or E-Junkie and the keys are provided by the actual sellers (usually the devs).
Same goes for Humble Bundle and any other bundle organizer, as well as IGS - any and all keys/ codes are given by those having the rights to sell the games.
cdnred: Convenience is nice and all, but if its as simple as copying from the install directory, then why bother with a second download? It's great when the game audio is in some unusable format, but seems to be just an untrue bonus if you already have the usable files any way.
Quality mostly, there's re-encodes of the Arcanum soundtrack out there for 320kbps mp3 and FLAC
*skims arguing throughout thread* Eh...

600 wishlist votes? Nice. Doesn't interest me, but it's what the people wanted. Possibly bad timing due to the Humble Bundle compilation, of course.

As always, personally hoping GOG is able to license some highly-requested good old games, and get back on a g.o.g. (can I use the acronym if it has periods?) roll similar to early 2013, w/ EA expansions, System Shock 2, Leisure Suit Larry, fresh EA batch, Wizardry 6-8, etc. (Hoping the Homeworld hullaballo is sorted and GOG can bring that somehow, of course)

Maybe publisher-wise, GOG will be able to pull something off this summer (or has, or did a few months back), and will bring us some g.o.g. awesomesauce in the fall.
high rated
Fuck multiplayer ! Real men play with themselves !
Licurg: Fuck multiplayer ! Real men play with themselves !
Damn right!