It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As heroic as fantasy gets!

Blade of Darkness, a brutal and challenging TPP action hack ‘n’ slasher set in a dark and gritty heroic fantasy realm that feels like a Robert E. Howard novel, is available on GOG.com, for only $5.99

Heroic fantasy--a genre of fiction that has fueled the imaginations of many generations. Dark and brutal worlds full of injustice and ominous magic are always waiting for a champion: a man or woman, scantily clad, wielding a legendary weapon, slashing beasts and villains left and right, and looking as fabulous as a demigod. This is the heart and soul of such stories and it didn't change much since the time of ancient myths. The fact that we enjoy them so much proves that we aren't that different from our great ancestors and tales of godlike heroism still get our blood run pumping. Gather ‘round, friends, and hear the story of four heroes and their epic battle against the dark overlord, Dal Gurak, the necromancer.

Blade of Darkness is a third person perspective action game that focuses on combat. Each of the four heroes has its very own set of moves and statistics, and starts the adventure in a different area. There's over 100 different weapons you can use in the game, each with its own characteristics that reflect on the fighting style. New special attacks can be unlocked as your character gains experience and power. While you slash and bash through the hordes of terrifying monsters, you will feel the urge sometimes to stop and look at the beautiful--if a bit gloomy--surroundings. If you're looking for a game that will take you on a fantastic quest filled with merciless combat, this is the one to pick up!

There are great deeds of bravery and might to be done in Blade of Darkness, for only $5.99 on GOG.com. Get heroic!
ok, rOpenGL has to be selected so menu can be used.
Saves work for me.

I'm playing on win7 64b
Paul_cz: Yeah, murphy's law strikes again....right after I posted that it works perfectly, I went back to game (Knight, second mission - the fortress). I played, saved my game, got killed by orc 2 minutes afterwards....and my savegame (the only one I have) gets stuck during loading every time, no matter how many times I try to load it, with various graphics drivers and what not.

Oh well, so I start new game, play for 20 minutes the first mission, and when I want to save it, the game crashes (pythonsomething.dll).

Why does this always have to happen :(
Now I am not as enthusiastic about starting again :(
tinyE: SHIT.
Anyone else suffer something like this? I haven't but now I'm all paranoid.
Hmmm, I restarted the game and now got to third level (mines) without any issue. Saving works as it should, no other bugs or crashes. Fingers crossed.

(now that I typed this, I fully expect my PC to blow up when I start the game. Not that I am superstitious or anything).
Edmund: Wasn't this called, Severance: Blade of Darkness? I loved that game.
It was "cut out". :P
Edmund: Wasn't this called, Severance: Blade of Darkness? I loved that game.
Charon121: It was "cut out". :P
Hahahahaja
I didn't expect it so soon, but it's amazing to see this game here.

I was kind of late to the party and played it in 2010. I was very impressed with the demo when it first launched, but back then my PC couldn't handle it.

I have to say that the game seemed to have beautiful graphics for me in 2010 even after all those modern games that we have nowadays.

Since every one is praising the combat, I am going to say a few nice words about the adventuring element of the game. Coming from a Tomb Raider fan, I have to say I absolutely loved exploring all those well-crafted levels. Solving the puzzles and finding the secrets was tons of fun and never got old.

Even though I enjoyed the combat in Blade of Darkness, I was very pleasantly surprised that the game is not just about action, but appeals to adventurers as well.

Last but not least, the save anywhere feature is a winner in my book.

Thank you GOG for all those great games.

Blade of Darkness is a truly awesome release and it deserves our attention.
I watched my friend playing it several years ago. What I most vividly remember is the game's distinct atmosphere. It had this wonderfully dreary, melancholic air. I might pick up the game after I've work on my backlog a bit. Maybe it'll go on promo by then.
Thanks for this great release.
This is one of the games I bought somewhat blind, having never heard of it before. It is awesome, I really have enjoyed it so far.

It's games like this that brought me here in the first place, fun games that I'd never have played or heard of if it hadn't been for GOG. Keep being awesome.
Love you guys! This is one of my favorite games of all time. A combat and atmospheric masterpiece. Thank you for release.
Paul_cz: Yeah, murphy's law strikes again....right after I posted that it works perfectly, I went back to game (Knight, second mission - the fortress). I played, saved my game, got killed by orc 2 minutes afterwards....and my savegame (the only one I have) gets stuck during loading every time, no matter how many times I try to load it, with various graphics drivers and what not.

Oh well, so I start new game, play for 20 minutes the first mission, and when I want to save it, the game crashes (pythonsomething.dll).

Sad to hear that.....I have also lost progress from time to time when I forgot to save often enough. :(

GameRager: Since you're online again: Is the game compatible with Win 64-bit OSs?

(It isn't mentioned on the game card so I thought i'd ask)
JudasIscariot: I played it on my Win 7 64 bit system without a hitch. Also, if something was incompatible with a particular version version of Windows i.e. not compatible with Windows 7 64 bit but compatible with Win 7 32 bit then we would have it on the game card.
Thanks...I only asked because iirc in the past GOG listed which OSs AND which versions of those OSs explicitly on each game card(i.e. "Game A" is compatible with OS x/flavor Y and OS x/flavor z.). Btw does this compatibility also mean the intro video bug(where the intro audio would play while the video wouldn't show) has been resolved?

TIA :)
Post edited March 15, 2013 by GameRager

GameRager: Sad to hear that.....I have also lost progress from time to time when I forgot to save often enough. :(

JudasIscariot: I played it on my Win 7 64 bit system without a hitch. Also, if something was incompatible with a particular version version of Windows i.e. not compatible with Windows 7 64 bit but compatible with Win 7 32 bit then we would have it on the game card.
GameRager: Thanks...I only asked because iirc in the past GOG listed which OSs AND which versions of those OSs explicitly on each game card(i.e. "Game A" is compatible with OS x/flavor Y and OS x/flavor z.). Btw does this compatibility also mean the intro video bug(where the intro audio would play while the video wouldn't show) has been resolved?

TIA :)
The intro video plays beautifully across all the language versions we have on offer. Also, the Spanish version definitely sounds the best :D

So, in short, yes that bug is resolved :D

The only time we list a specific flavor of an OS (i.e. Win XP 32 bit ONLY) we usually have a compatibility notice to that effect so that it's perfectly clear to everyone who lays eyes on that gamecard :D
Post edited March 15, 2013 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: The intro video plays beautifully across all the language versions we have on offer. Also, the Spanish version definitely sounds the best :D

So, in short, yes that bug is resolved :D
Thanks for the infos......ah, one of my favorite game intros of all time finally works(in-game) again. XD
I was so happy when I found BOD here on GOG!

I bought it and it ran perfectly with no problems... Until it came to having to load a saved game. Unfortunately when I try to load, the progress bar reaches the end - but then the game crashes every time. I've tried all other previous saves and the same thing happens.

I was so devastated! I was looking forward to playing this game through so much.

Any ways to try fix?

Running Windows 7 64 bit professional.

Semsko: I was so happy when I found BOD here on GOG!

I bought it and it ran perfectly with no problems... Until it came to having to load a saved game. Unfortunately when I try to load, the progress bar reaches the end - but then the game crashes every time. I've tried all other previous saves and the same thing happens.

I was so devastated! I was looking forward to playing this game through so much.

Any ways to try fix?

Running Windows 7 64 bit professional.

http://www.gog.com/forum/blade_of_darkness/cant_load_a_saved_gamegrey_screen_after_quitting
Wishted