It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Almost too good to be a game--but as games go, it's one of the pest.--Entertainment Weekly

Bad Mojo Redux, a revamped edition of the classic 1996 horror adventure that will let you experience the world through the eyes of a cockroach, is available in a bonus content-filled package on GOG.com, for only $5.99!

There's over 4,500 species of cockroaches roaming every possible corner of our planet. 40 of them, are the species closely related to human habitats. They live in the cracks of our civilization, feeding on our waste, shunning our light. We try to keep our worlds as separate as possible, revolted by their shining chitin bodies, dietary habits, and the tendency to show up unexpected and uninvited. We do our best to keep them out of our sight and mind, but the truth is, we're only fooling ourselves. They are there, they have always been, and they will be long after we're gone. Now, wouldn't it be fascinating to catch a glimpse of these creatures' perspective of reality?

Bad Mojo Redux lets you do just that! It tells a Kafka-like story of a man turned into a cockroach by a strange and mystical twist of events. Surprisingly the event leaves the protagonist feeling empowered, free, and in control for the first time in his life, as he sets off to experience the world full of paths no human ever trailed before. The game, combining exploration, puzzles, and a psychedelic plot, has been refurbished for modern systems so you can discover all of the 800+ screens re-creating our world's disturbingly icky underbelly. The game comes complete with a ton of bonus video content (including a "making of" documentary and developer commentaries) and artworks.

Overcome your revulsion, leave behind your prejudice towards insects, and discover a whole new perspective with Bad Mojo Redux, yet another Night Dive classic release, for only $5.99 on GOG.com.
tburger: Great release!
I'll buy it on the weekend PROVIDED gog supply a MANUAL :-D
JudasIscariot: *ahem*manualishere*cough*

You can thank IAmSinistar for it :)
Excellent news! Thx. Game will land on my shelf today at 20:00 CET :-D

IAmSinistar: Hopefully it won't be kept in abeyance long. :)
It wasn't - thank you :-)

EDIT:
...and purchased!
Post edited May 27, 2014 by tburger
gorrister666: YES! This was in my top 10 most wanted GOG releases.
rub321: same here, great game. i played it when it was first released, and am interested in whats better in the redux version.
Bad Mojo Redux includes bonus content, such as a mini documentary, and the game soundtrack. It also has enhanced FMV and graphics.
I have just finished the game during the weekend, and wouldn`t say the manual is too essential for playing this.
Which was also confirmed as I leafed through the recently uploaded file. More or less as expected from the game, which is controlled just by four directional keys on the keyboard, and nothing else...

Anyway, what to say about the game itself.
I will definitely write also a more detailed minireview on the game page, but I can definitely confirm, that this is really an unique experience, with some really hillarious acting in the FMVs and truly epic music (so it`s great this version includes also a soundtrack).
I just saw, that on main game page there is now even a review post from the music author himself, which is very nice, and for sure worth a read.
I can almost imagine, how they were running through the house trying to catch that privileged cockroach, which would later star in their game as a voice actor :)
IAmSinistar: Hopefully it won't be kept in abeyance long. :)
tburger: It wasn't - thank you :-)
Hurrah! Glad to help out. :)
IwubCheeze: What's wrong with house centipedes? I live in an old building for the time being and it isn't uncommon to see them. They don't spread disease, they won't attack you, they won't destroy your belongings but they eat the things which do those things.

As long as the centipedes stay off my bed, we get along just fine ;)
IAmSinistar: Actually, I am fine with them in my house as well. I live in a century-old factory that has been converted into flats, and they are frequent here. I usually have one in residence and it's good to know it's there, as one of their main prey animals are silverfish. Being a book collector, silverfish are an anathema. House centipedes also predate upon roaches and spiders, so they are basically like having your own resident pest control.

So personally I am quite a fan of house centipedes. But the first time I saw one I was terrified, and I imagine their appearance checks many of the horror boxes for folks. :)
Lol, yeah, I was in the same boat. The first time I saw a house centipede, I was freaked out yet facinated at the same time. I little online research on them has now prompted me to leave them alone and let them get rid of the ants, roaches, earwigs, wood lice and whatever other creepy crawlies live here. Amazing what a little insight can do to total ignorance ;)

Just wondering and hoping this doesn't count as a spoiler. Do centipedes make an appearance in Bad Mojo? The demo I played a while back had a spider you had to get past, just wondering if you have to deal with centipedes too :)
Post edited May 27, 2014 by IwubCheeze
we used to call house centipedes "newsbringers" - when you saw one - the other day you'll receive some news, letter, package...so we have no problem with them either....my former girlfriend mke fun of this belief - claiming i was always ordering something anyhow - so it was not that hard for a centipede to be "newsbringer"....
IwubCheeze: Just wondering and hoping this doesn't count as a spoiler. Do centipedes make an appearance in Bad Mojo? The demo I played a while back had a spider you had to get past, just wondering if you have to deal with centipedes too :)
As far as I remember, there were no centipedes in the game. In general, there were not many living enemies there - besides that spider only a few rats, and of course also that legendary Cat the Cat.
Most of the time it was environment, what was more dangerous to the poor little cockroach, not other animals.
But considering that house was really epically messy, there were of course some other fine little creatures - ants, snails, woodworm larvae and so on. Fortunately all of them were actually friendly, and even helpful.
That also reminds me, that there should be definitely some insectophobic warning on the game page :)
IwubCheeze: Lol, yeah, I was in the same boat. The first time I saw a house centipede, I was freaked out yet facinated at the same time. I little online research on them has now prompted me to leave them alone and let them get rid of the ants, roaches, earwigs, wood lice and whatever other creepy crawlies live here. Amazing what a little insight can do to total ignorance ;)
My first encounter with one ended up with me capturing it in a jar to get a good look at it. It just seemed so utterly alien at the time. After studying it for a while I released it outside. Later I finally learned what it was, and I haven't bothered them since. Knowledge is indeed a good thing in this case, and I hope people are tolerant of these useful creatures, in spite of their somewhat bizarre appearance.
I remember reading about this game back in the day but never got to play it... and now I can.

Thanks GOG (and thanks IAmSinistar for helping them).