It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Epic.

Eador: Masters of the Broken World, a fantastic turn-based strategy game of truly epic proportions and unmatched depth of gameplay and some RPG elements, is now available for pre-order on GOG.com, for only $19.99.

When you pre-order Eador: Masters of the Broken World on GOG.com, you get a free copy of its critically acclaimed predecessor, Eador: Genesis, or--if you already own it--a 10% discount on your price!

The world of Eador has long forgotten that it once was whole. The great mystical cataclysm that scattered its shards in the great empty void is but a legend passed from one generation to another for millennia. In this divided realm burns the fire of everlasting struggle for power. The majestic, immortal Masters of this strange lands seek domination over their peers and their mortal subjects. In a world so scarred, yet so beautiful and filled with life, you are one of those godlike beings who shape the history and fate. The quests that await you seem endless. The enemies--deem themselves unbeatable. The challenge seems impossible. Yet--you have an eternal existence before you, and only one goal: glory.

Eador: Masters of the Broken World is a long-awaited continuation to the phenomenal Eador: Genesis, a game dubbed to be the ultimate incarnation of the heroic, magical, and mighty turn-based strategy genre. The sequel improves the game's aesthetics dramatically, while retaining everything that the fans love about the gameplay. You will be amazed by the incredibly epic scale of the world you're destined to conquer. This game can easily consume you whole for countless hours, as its challenging gameplay, endless possibilities, and diverse world become your passion--or obsession. If you were to play one, and only one, turn-based strategy for the rest of your life--make sure it's this one.

Pre-order Eador: Masters of the Broken World, to get instant access to goodies that include a soundtrack, and redeem your free copy of Eador: Genesis--a game that alone takes way more 200 hours to play through. Or, if you already own it, you'll only pay $17.99 (that's 10% off!) to pre-order the upcoming Eador: Masters of the Broken World. The offer lasts approximately until Friday, April 19, when we expect to see the game's release.

Ask Developer a Question

The wonderful people from Snowbird Games have decided to spare some of their crunch time and answer some questions from the GOG community.

What do you want to know about Eador series?
Are you interested in the creative process behind creating fantasy TBS?
Maybe you want to know more about Snowbird’s future plans?

We will select the ten best answers from the comments below and send them to the developers of Eador: Genesis and Eador: Masters of the Broken World. In addition to that, three of the commenters below (selected randomly) will get a free $9.99 game
Old interesting interview:
http://www.tacticularcancer.com/content.php?id=3817

What prevent me from buying is often than the game is not in french language (even if I do can read english).
Will the game be easily translated by some fans?
I just pre-ordered it. I enjoyed a lot "Eador:Genesis", so I'm really looking forward to "Eador Masters of the Broken World".
I'm going to preorder it now, but I must say the 10% discount is pretty weak.
Newcomers to Eador basically get $5.99 off the game, while devoted fans who already bought Genesis get a relatively insignificant $2.00 off.
Not to make too huge a deal out of three or four bucks, but I see no reason both rewards shouldn't be a lot closer together.
Post edited March 28, 2013 by Orpheusftw
Orpheusftw: Newcomers to Eador basically get $5.99 off the game, while devoted fans who already bought Genesis get a relatively insignificant $2.00 off.
Not to make too huge a deal out of three bucks, but I see no reason both rewards shouldn't be a lot closer together.
Newcommers have a very soon obsolete game, which is long and they'll have to cancel their play to use the new Eador.
So, Genesis should rather be given free, instead of sold for just 3 weeks of use (players say it's rather a months playing game). GOG decided half between given and sold.
I would love paying Masters the only 10% less if in french (it seems an excellent game), if I could pay and play Genesis (still in my wishlist since on GOG) in french at release.
Post edited March 27, 2013 by ERISS
Question: how much is the storyline connected to the first game?
I respect everyone's opinion. The following are just a few facts to give some more food for thoughts:

BioShock Infinite (maybe 15-20 hours long): $60
Resident Evil 6: $40
The third DLC/expansion of HMM 6: $30
Age of Empire II HD (an old game witj just HD): $20
In this same site, where you expect incredible bargains:
Assassin's Creed (very old game): $20
Divinity 2: $20

In short, $20 for a game with the depth and production value of MotBW is already an incredible discount. If you like the game (and I assume everybody here has at least an interest), there is a high probability that this game will keep you happy and busy for months (I have already 150+ on the beta alone, which I have explored for an estimate of about 10% of the total).

I paid $6 for Genesis and got a discount of $2 (unexpected) on top of the very low price. I am still playing Genesis and the beta and see no reason to stop my campaigns in Genesis (this is my third one). Even if the games are similar, as said previously they do differ in a series of key elements. In the end, for $24 I got two games that have (and will) monopolize my game time for the entire year. If anything, I believe the game is 'too cheap'.
I think I remember seeing somewhere that this game was coming to Linux as well? But that was on steam. I would really like to buy it here and have access to the Linux version.
usingalovelytune: I think I remember seeing somewhere that this game was coming to Linux as well? But that was on steam. I would really like to buy it here and have access to the Linux version.
+1 to this
Will we be able to play in 15-minute bites or is there a requirement for long 1-2 hr battles in perhaps the more advanced parts of the game?
usingalovelytune: I think I remember seeing somewhere that this game was coming to Linux as well? But that was on steam. I would really like to buy it here and have access to the Linux version.
Could you give me a source on that? Because if it's true, I'm getting the Steam version.
"When you pre-order Eador: Masters of the Broken World on GOG.com, you get a free copy of its critically acclaimed predecessor, Eador: Genesis, or--if you already own it--a 10% discount on your price!"

Personally i would have preferred to have the free copy so i could give it away to someone else. Like a few others dont think existing owners get enough from this pre order deal especially since a large part of the 'new' game is essentially an upgrade of the graphics (with a few minor tweaks) or so it seems?
Anyone know if they have changed to save system of this new Eador to something a little more friendly then the older version. I much prefer being able to sae a game and try something out and then just reload if it all goes wrong rather then the continuous save version the old one had.
Tickker: Anyone know if they have changed to save system of this new Eador to something a little more friendly then the older version. I much prefer being able to sae a game and try something out and then just reload if it all goes wrong rather then the continuous save version the old one had.
I haven't verified for myself but a couple people earlier in the thread said they did change how you can save.
Yes, you can save at any time. The autosave function will save the game for you at 5 different turns, in case you don't want to bother with manual saves.

Yes, you can still play ironman mode if you wish.

Yes, you can play for 10-15 minutes at a times (assuming you want to do that, remember you will be likely affected by the 'just one more turn syndrome'); battles are rarely very long (unless you want to, you can take your time if you wish) since the battle field is 8 x 8 (see also the YouTube videos, you'll have a pretty clear idea of how long battles are)

And no, the changes in this game are far from being minor (see previous posts). Even if one would personally consider those changes as 'minor', keep in mind that the graphic is probably the #1 expense for developers, as such this title is already an incredible bargain at the current price.
Fenixp: Could you give me a source on that? Because if it's true, I'm getting the Steam version.
Here you go http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/93959913