It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Real-Time Strategy redefined!

Divinity: Dragon Commander, an innovative fantasy real-time strategy game spliced with free-flight combat action, in-depth strategic view, and some trading card game mechanics, in which you become a fearsome Dragon Emperor, is available for pre-order 11% off on GOG.com. That's $39.99 until the game's release (planned for June).

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/divinity_dragon_commander][/url]What is Divinity: Dragon Commander? Imagine a giant army rushing into battle. First, the scouts, agile and fast, with their bows always ready. Then the cavalry, blazing on their relentless mounts. Then, the heavy infantry--warriors of all the shapes, sizes, and races with their plate armors sounding with every step like the bells of doom. Right behind them, the battle beasts--horrors bred with one purpose only: destruction. Some of them pulling the ballistas, trebuchets, and other siege machines. Above them, a variety of zeppelins and flying machines ready to spread death from above. And then, suddenly, a great shadow falling over the battlefield. A gigantic winged dragon swooping down at lightning speed, propelled by a jetpack, breathing fire and roaring fiercely. An image sure to strike fear in the hearts of the enemies. You, however, have nothing to fear. This is your army, and you are the Dragon, its commander and Emperor.

Divinity: Dragon Commander will allow the player to experience war from many unique perspectives, thus breathing new life to real-time strategy genre. The idea to put the gamer in the role of a Dragon commanding its people (and elves, and dwarves, and undead, and--well, creatures) into battle and even taking part in the combat directly is original enough to make things interesting. The people who gave you the acclaimed Divinity RPG series decided however, to add a couple more layers to the gameplay. In the game, you'll get to make diplomatic decisions, manage your empire in an epic world-map mode, and even utilize elements of trading card game mechanics. All that and more, coupled with excellent visuals, and many available scenarios (single-player and multi-player alike), has great chances to become a milestone in the evolution of RTS genre.

Don't hesitate--seize your empire now, to rule it with an iron claw soon! Pre-order Divinity: Dragon Commander for only $39.99 on GOG.com! The Divinity universe is about to get even more epic! Make sure you get to witness it from the start.
That's what I understood as well. But hope that at least the faction arcs affect the crew composition.
This title interests me very much too but I will definitely not be pre-ordering. No offence meant to GOG - they are already doing so much right by optimising older games for new OSes (thus helping to keep some old classics alive) and releasing games DRM-free - but the whole idea of pre-ordering is anathema to me : yet another symptom of how shamelessly exploitative of its customers the games industry has become.

What if, after all the hype and advertising, this game turns out to be a stinker ? No-one who pre-ordered it will be entitled to a refund. I'm not saying this game will be a stinker and I hope it will be great but personally I will wait until the game has received a good number of reviews before deciding whether to buy it or not. In fact even then I would wait until any or all DLCs / expansions have been released, if any are planned.
Gonna add $40 to my Original Sin pledge to get Dragon Commander to help with the pledge goal, then I'll take the GoG version of course. Therefore I'll won't order from here directly.
cw8: Gonna add $40 to my Original Sin pledge to get Dragon Commander to help with the pledge goal, then I'll take the GoG version of course. Therefore I'll won't order from here directly.
Same here. Would've probably waited for DC to drop to 20 bucks or something otherwise.
Theoclymenus: even then I would wait until any or all DLCs / expansions have been released, if any are planned.
There is no DLC planned. Well, other than a code included in the retail version of the Divinity Anthology (which one of the distributor's wanted) or last year's Chinese New Year promo (the webpage is still up), for a gold or silver jetpack, respectively.

cw8: Gonna add $40 to my Original Sin pledge to get Dragon Commander to help with the pledge goal, then I'll take the GoG version of course.
A digital release of Dragon Commander is now included in all Original Sin kickstarter digital tiers at $65 or above, and all physical tiers starting at $150.
Hopefully that will encourage more people to move up to a higher tier than it allows to drop Dragon Commander as an add-on.
Post edited April 18, 2013 by Raze_Larian
Raze_Larian: There is no DLC planned. Well, other than a code included in the retail version of the Divinity Anthology (which one of the distributor's wanted) or last year's Chinese New Year promo (the webpage is still up), for a gold or silver jetpack, respectively.

A digital release of Dragon Commander is now included in all Original Sin kickstarter digital tiers at $65 or above, and all physical tiers starting at $150.
Hopefully that will encourage more people to move up to a higher tier than it allows to drop Dragon Commander as an add-on.
Cool, you guys celebrate CNY?
Still considering $65 boxed + $40 DC addon or just get the $150 package itself.
cw8: Cool, you guys celebrate CNY?
At least in 2012 (which was the year of the dragon, so a great reason to have a Dragon Commander promotion).
This game now at GamersGate
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DDC/divinity-dragon-commander

List price $39.99
Pre-Order sale $34.99

So does GoG.com have anything to say about this?
I thought the list price was $44.99 and sale price was $39.99