It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Real-Time Strategy redefined!

Divinity: Dragon Commander, an innovative fantasy real-time strategy game spliced with free-flight combat action, in-depth strategic view, and some trading card game mechanics, in which you become a fearsome Dragon Emperor, is available for pre-order 11% off on GOG.com. That's $39.99 until the game's release (planned for June).

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/divinity_dragon_commander][/url]What is Divinity: Dragon Commander? Imagine a giant army rushing into battle. First, the scouts, agile and fast, with their bows always ready. Then the cavalry, blazing on their relentless mounts. Then, the heavy infantry--warriors of all the shapes, sizes, and races with their plate armors sounding with every step like the bells of doom. Right behind them, the battle beasts--horrors bred with one purpose only: destruction. Some of them pulling the ballistas, trebuchets, and other siege machines. Above them, a variety of zeppelins and flying machines ready to spread death from above. And then, suddenly, a great shadow falling over the battlefield. A gigantic winged dragon swooping down at lightning speed, propelled by a jetpack, breathing fire and roaring fiercely. An image sure to strike fear in the hearts of the enemies. You, however, have nothing to fear. This is your army, and you are the Dragon, its commander and Emperor.

Divinity: Dragon Commander will allow the player to experience war from many unique perspectives, thus breathing new life to real-time strategy genre. The idea to put the gamer in the role of a Dragon commanding its people (and elves, and dwarves, and undead, and--well, creatures) into battle and even taking part in the combat directly is original enough to make things interesting. The people who gave you the acclaimed Divinity RPG series decided however, to add a couple more layers to the gameplay. In the game, you'll get to make diplomatic decisions, manage your empire in an epic world-map mode, and even utilize elements of trading card game mechanics. All that and more, coupled with excellent visuals, and many available scenarios (single-player and multi-player alike), has great chances to become a milestone in the evolution of RTS genre.

Don't hesitate--seize your empire now, to rule it with an iron claw soon! Pre-order Divinity: Dragon Commander for only $39.99 on GOG.com! The Divinity universe is about to get even more epic! Make sure you get to witness it from the start.
Note for 15 more days, on Kickstarter you can sponsor Divine Divinity Oririgal Sin for $65, and get a free copy of Divinity Dragon Commander included.
Post edited April 11, 2013 by Craig234
RaggieRags: Though seriously, from what I've heard the game has more issues than the server trouble.
Complaints? Yes. Pathfinding could be better. Online should be optional. City size could be bigger. And so on.
The hate though was for the 30 minutes queues, and the fact that it was EA. If the queues weren't there, you wouldn't be (still) hearing about it. You'd have 1 article about how modders have made it possible to play offline, and another about an upcoming patch.
MihaiHornet: It's not about blind trust, it's about assuming a risk. In cases like Grim Dawn or Divinity: Original Sin kickstarter it is a meaningful way to support the development of a game that you like which is better than letting a greedy publisher screwing up what might have been a great game.
Right. Supporting a kickstarter is also a risk, but you are taking that risk to get a game funded. With pre-orders you are taking a risk to play a game just a little bit earlier, and perhaps for a pre-order bonus and a small discount.

Everyone considers the risk for themselves. For me, the pre-order bonuses are usually cheap trash or pointless DLC and the discounts so small it's not worth the risk. Many obviously disagree. I just think pre-orders are mostly done based on wholly emotional rather than considered reasons. When people really, really want to believe something (like that a game is really good) it's very hard for them to believe otherwise. People who preorded Sim City were most likely thinking more about their happy memories playing Sim City when they were young, not about how much of a good idea it is to trust EA. Or in case of Dragon Commander, people who look at the screenshots, read the previews and decide the game sounds awesome, are more likely to think about Divinity II than Beyond Divinity. We all like to cheat ourselves.
Hmm missed the extra $2 off a little thing called work got in the way, has to be the shortest GOG promo yet. Oh well just as well, I'm trying to save money so better I wasn't tempted.
RaggieRags: Though seriously, from what I've heard the game has more issues than the server trouble.
JMich: Complaints? Yes. Pathfinding could be better. Online should be optional. City size could be bigger. And so on.
The hate though was for the 30 minutes queues, and the fact that it was EA. If the queues weren't there, you wouldn't be (still) hearing about it. You'd have 1 article about how modders have made it possible to play offline, and another about an upcoming patch.
What I'm hearing is that the game itself just isn't very good.
ggf162: Am I the only one who yelled out "holy SHIT!" at the price when they saw it?
xep624: Nope... It's the most expensive game on gog.com so far.... But still if most Kickstarter supporters wedge out $50+ for a game that hasn't been created yet, then $40 for this game might not be that much....

Oooops... I forgot that The Witcher 2 upon release was $75 for Australia... My bad..
Wow it was that expensive? I must have bought it before the price went up I paid US $44.99 or AUD $42.50 but I did end up with the Censored Australian version. I'd bought it pre-release but missed the fact that the original spin of same version everywhere changed to everywhere but Australia and NZ.
JMich: Complaints? Yes. Pathfinding could be better. Online should be optional. City size could be bigger. And so on.
RaggieRags: What I'm hearing is that the game itself just isn't very good.
Yes. The complaints line in my previous post. Or were there any others I missed?

Ah, true, forgot the extra utilities, sewers and so on. But a sequel not being as good as the previous game alone isn't reason enough to hate the company, is it?
RaggieRags: What I'm hearing is that the game itself just isn't very good.
JMich: Yes. The complaints line in my previous post. Or were there any others I missed?

Ah, true, forgot the extra utilities, sewers and so on. But a sequel not being as good as the previous game alone isn't reason enough to hate the company, is it?
I agree, it's not. i'm not saying people should hate EA or any other company but to have a little healthy scepticism and patience. My point is that if people knew what the new Sim City was really like before paying for it, the sales would have probably been a lot lower. The high sales of Sim City were based on hopes and dreams, not on the quality of the game itself.
RaggieRags: I agree, it's not. i'm not saying people should hate EA or any other company but to have a little healthy scepticism and patience. My point is that if people knew what the new Sim City was really like before paying for it, the sales would have probably been a lot lower. The high sales of Sim City were based on hopes and dreams, not on the quality of the game itself.
Yeap. And should you have posted about Aliens: Colonial Marines as an example, I wouldn't have said anything, since I'm not sure how different that would have been. But most of the complaints about Sim City are due to overloaded servers, since as I recall the European release (aka 3 days later) there wasn't that many complaints.

Ignore me, last 3 days or so had me reading quite a lot of "sensational" news re-posts, without the reposters doing any checks before posting it. Time to go looking for the bitch thread, or someone to rant to.
Looks good glad i paid $65 for the kickstarter
JMich: And should you have posted about Aliens: Colonial Marines as an example, I wouldn't have said anything, since I'm not sure how different that would have been.
That's a good example. When I read rage-filled posts about how bad it (supposedly) is, I can't help but to think that they should be faulting themselves for buying it.

JMich: Ignore me, last 3 days or so had me reading quite a lot of "sensational" news re-posts, without the reposters doing any checks before posting it. Time to go looking for the bitch thread, or someone to rant to.
Nah, sorry if I sound unusually confrontational today. I have slept very poorly this entire week and I'm starting to get grumpy. If I've ruffled some feathers, I apologize.
RaggieRags: If I've ruffled some feathers, I apologize.
No worries, all's good. Especially with me reading this :)
RaggieRags: If I've ruffled some feathers, I apologize.
JMich: No worries, all's good. Especially with me reading this :)
Ho!

Still not pre-ordering. :oP
Where can we preorder a physical copy? Is the collector's edition being released in the US? Will the collector's edition still include the board game they mentioned before? How much will the collector's edition cost?
RaggieRags: For me, the pre-order bonuses are usually cheap trash or pointless DLC and the discounts so small it's not worth the risk. Many obviously disagree. I just think pre-orders are mostly done based on wholly emotional rather than considered reasons.
I am not lured by pre-order bonuses, for me a pre-order is like a token of appreciation. If I like a developer (Larian is one of my favorites) and a game series (like Divinity which I like a lot) I pre-order without much other consideration other than DRM which is a big no no for me.