It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
@GOG: Am I right that the web pages of removed games are still getting removed from the site and are not accessible later even when you have bought the game? So I have to dig through all the reviews of these games to filter out the useful hints and links before these pages get deleted? :(
GoG said that games purchased will continue to be available in our bookshelf for future downloading, etc. Does anyone know if the "Community" (forum) tab will continue to be available for these 35 games? If so, will we be able to continue to add new forum postings for these 35 games.

I plan on purchasing 3 games of the 35 games being removed. I want to know whether the forums related to these games will still be available for GoG members to review old postings and to add new questions/answers.

FYI, the games I will be purchasing are, The Guild Gold Edition, The Guild 2 Renaissance and Silver.
Reaper9988: I
I need an excuse ?
djdarko: No, you don't. Do whatever you want.

But anyone can see from your original post that is exactly what you meant.
It is, but frankly the games I interested in (Spellforce series) I bought a long time ago back when Jowood published it (with drm back then).
Only one I didn't get is Demons of the past but if I would have been really interested in that I would have gotten it at full price long ago.

The comment was a jab at Nordic since this is exactly what will happen.
But in hindsight it might have been rash the situation probably is more complicated than nordic being idiots.
oldgameryeah: GoG said that games purchased will continue to be available in our bookshelf for future downloading, etc. Does anyone know if the "Community" (forum) tab will continue to be available for these 35 games? If so, will we be able to continue to add new forum postings for these 35 games.

I plan on purchasing 3 games of the 35 games being removed. I want to know whether the forums related to these games will still be available for GoG members to review old postings and to add new questions/answers.

FYI, the games I will be purchasing are, The Guild Gold Edition, The Guild 2 Renaissance and Silver.
No, the Fallout forum is still there for example.
djdarko: No, you don't. Do whatever you want.

But anyone can see from your original post that is exactly what you meant.
Reaper9988: It is, but frankly the games I interested in (Spellforce series) I bought a long time ago back when Jowood published it (with drm back then).
Only one I didn't get is Demons of the past but if I would have been really interested in that I would have gotten it at full price long ago.

The comment was a jab at Nordic since this is exactly what will happen.
But in hindsight it might have been rash the situation probably is more complicated than nordic being idiots.
Just buy the games you actually want from the sale, simple.

Remember that GOG still get's a portion of those last sales, so it's not just a jab to Nordic (assuming they are at fault here).
Post edited August 28, 2014 by djdarko
ktchong: Here is a simple economic fact: a dozen eggs do NOT and should NOT cost the same in the US, Europe and China. The eggs should not even cost the same in different European nations. Different regions have different wage levels, different living standards, different tax rates, different piracy rates, different socio-economic conditions, etc. So the same merchandize is actually worth very differently to people in different regions. The same economic principle applies to video games as well.
A dozen eggs do not and should not cost the same because from country to country simply because it doesn't cost the same to produce them from country to country; It has nothing to do with some magical "fairness".

If somebody from a low wage country decide to import eggs made in a high wage country then he is definitely not going to pay them the same price than locally produced ones (unless of course there is some "special" circumstances, like the high wage country overproducing eggs and wanting to get rid of its stock) and it wouldn't be "fair" at all if it was the case.

If you really want "fair" prices, then prices should be adapted based on the wages levels, living standard, and taxes of the country in which the goods were produced, not based on the country in which they are sold. Clothes, electronic devices, or any other things, produced for cheap in low wages countries and then sold 5, 10 times the prices in higher wages countries has absolutely nothing to do with "fairness".

I am also pretty sure that if UK or another high wage country had a 99% piracy rate then games would most probably be sold the same price if not cheaper than in Russia, regardless whenever or not it's "fair"
I'm still hoping this whole thing is a misguided publicity stunt.
oldgameryeah: GoG said that games purchased will continue to be available in our bookshelf for future downloading, etc. Does anyone know if the "Community" (forum) tab will continue to be available for these 35 games? If so, will we be able to continue to add new forum postings for these 35 games.

Forums are safe! Only the game pages won't be accessible anymore.
djdarko: No, the Fallout forum is still there for example.
I meant the original game web pages. Not sure if all the hints given by the reviewers are also available in the forum too.
djdarko: No, the Fallout forum is still there for example.
eiii: I meant the original game web pages. Not sure if all the hints given by the reviewers are also available in the forum too.
Sorry I accidentally replied to you meaning the post below.

No, those reviews won't be accessible afterwards - unfortunately.
Things are not good on GOG.com - it seems they are losing more and more classic games, while shifting towards a more steam-based indie model.

People predicted this then GOG.com first announced their "Fair Pricing"model - what exactly is the issue that is causing someone like Nordic Games from having to pull out of GOG.com?

Can't you just keep these games using the OLD pricing, which was perfectly acceptable, and not try and force them into a "Fair Pricing" model?

The fora won't be deleted.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Shambhala
Wurzelkraft: Forums are safe! Only the game pages won't be accessible anymore.
Why don't they just disable the buy button and add some notices in the description and in the game list? (maybe filtering them out as the default)
I like those pages : \
Post edited August 28, 2014 by phaolo
While I'm sad to see these games go from the catalog, it was a nice gesture on behalf of the devs/pubs/gog to make them a discount until gone.

Thank you. This is great news. For other games purchased, I have relied on these forums for help (both technical and game play), and would hate to see the forms for the 3 games I will purchase not be available.
phaolo: Why don't they just disable the buy button and add some notices in the description and in the game list? (maybe filtering them out as the default)
I like those pages : \
That's a good idea, you could create a wishlist and send a ticket to support as feedback (maybe though that's not the way that feedback should be used...)