It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So does anyone know yet if the official patch from 1C has finally appeared on GOG?
Bump..?
SirPrimalform: Bump..?
All I can say at the moment is: I am not so sure about that as it could look.
The main thing is: GOG's version is quite different from other versions (by looking inside directory). Also so far nobody has answered to my post above so I can not do any deeper investigation.
SirPrimalform: Bump..?
Lexor: All I can say at the moment is: I am not so sure about that as it could look.
The main thing is: GOG's version is quite different from other versions (by looking inside directory). Also so far nobody has answered to my post above so I can not do any deeper investigation.
Yeah, I can't help with that. I think part of the problem is that most of the people reading this thread own the game here rather than somewhere else. Just an idea, but you might get more responses by making a question thread specifically asking for help from people who own the game elsewhere.
SirPrimalform: Yeah, I can't help with that. I think part of the problem is that most of the people reading this thread own the game here rather than somewhere else. Just an idea, but you might get more responses by making a question thread specifically asking for help from people who own the game elsewhere.
As you can see earlier posts here there are some people who are also owning KB elsewhere - just my bad luck continues at the moment I think ;) If I would bump this topic everyday maybe I would find somebody quicker.
Okay, I think I can help you as I also own King's Bounty on Steam. I'm not really sure what you want to know, though. Do you just want to see if your save game loads properly on a different version of the game?
spindown: Okay, I think I can help you as I also own King's Bounty on Steam. I'm not really sure what you want to know, though. Do you just want to see if your save game loads properly on a different version of the game?
Yes :) I wonder if you can open this savegame in your steam version.
spindown: Okay, I think I can help you as I also own King's Bounty on Steam. I'm not really sure what you want to know, though. Do you just want to see if your save game loads properly on a different version of the game?
Lexor: Yes :) I wonder if you can open this savegame in your steam version.
Okay, so I tried and the answer is No. It doesn't work with the Steam version. I copied the file into my save game directory, but the game didn't recognize it. In the game it did not show up in the list of available saved games.

However, the game includes a "Save File Repair Utility." I opened your file using that tool, and it was recognized as a broken King's Bounty save file. After I had used the repair function on the save file it was recognized by the game and I could load it successfully.
spindown: Okay, so I tried and the answer is No. It doesn't work with the Steam version. I copied the file into my save game directory, but the game didn't recognize it. In the game it did not show up in the list of available saved games.

However, the game includes a "Save File Repair Utility." I opened your file using that tool, and it was recognized as a broken King's Bounty save file. After I had used the repair function on the save file it was recognized by the game and I could load it successfully.
Thank you very much! :)

Result is.. hmm.. interesting. What is this "Save File Repair Utility"? Was it a part of Steam package? I have no such thing... Can it be downloaded standalone? I wonder what was repaired.. What Windows version do you have?

Also, can you do some "DOS / command line magic" for me? If it's possible I'd like to get precise listing of contents of your KB directory - in game directory enter "dir /oe /s > output.txt" - /oe is for ordering files by extension, /s is to include all subdirectories, output.txt is to put all listing into one txt file, which you should after attach to your post or post/pm me link to it.
Just stepping in to say that's it's nice to see this pick up again. :)
adambiser: Just stepping in to say that's it's nice to see this pick up again. :)
Well, my aim is to get (or assure) greatest possible similarity (or at least compatibility) of GOG's version to others - just without DRM of course. That's why I am tracking "what was done wrong to it". As It is my favorite game purchase here I wont surrender so easily :P
Lexor: Thank you very much! :)

Result is.. hmm.. interesting. What is this "Save File Repair Utility"? Was it a part of Steam package? I have no such thing... Can it be downloaded standalone? I wonder what was repaired.. What Windows version do you have?

Also, can you do some "DOS / command line magic" for me? If it's possible I'd like to get precise listing of contents of your KB directory - in game directory enter "dir /oe /s > output.txt" - /oe is for ordering files by extension, /s is to include all subdirectories, output.txt is to put all listing into one txt file, which you should after attach to your post or post/pm me link to it.
The Save File Repair Utility came with the game, I didn't download it separately. When I launch King's Bounty on Steam it asks me if I want to launch the game itself or the repair utility. As far as I can tell, the tool is just a small .exe file ("save_fixer.exe", 160 KB).

I'm sending you the contents of my King's Bounty directory via PM. Oh, and since you asked, I'm running the game under Windows Vista on my laptop.
Post edited December 29, 2011 by spindown
adambiser: Just stepping in to say that's it's nice to see this pick up again. :)
Lexor: Well, my aim is to get (or assure) greatest possible similarity (or at least compatibility) of GOG's version to others - just without DRM of course. That's why I am tracking "what was done wrong to it". As It is my favorite game purchase here I wont surrender so easily :P
I'm glad for that.

It might also be interesting to see how the Save File Repair Utility changed the files to make them work.
I am sure happy I didn't wait for the GOG version to change...After about a week I had a nagging feeling that nothing else would be done for quite awhile, if ever. Sorry you lost your progress Lexor...Still the game is definetly good enough to start all over again if the mood strikes you. :D
Anyways, best of luck in getting the version here more compatible. Where there is a will, there's a way they say. :)
spindown: The Save File Repair Utility came with the game, I didn't download it separately. When I launch King's Bounty on Steam it asks me if I want to launch the game itself or the repair utility. As far as I can tell, the tool is just a small .exe file ("save_fixer.exe", 160 KB).
Just to confirm - you have King's Bounty: The Legend only or some KB pack with some other versions also? Maybe this fixer was added with some later part of KB?

I've lurked into Steam forum and found this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915705 - unfortunately this guide link forwards me to some standard game FAQ with no word about this fixer - is that because I'm not logged in on forum nor I'm not Steam member or everyone has the same?

BTW: I found this also and laughed really hard... :o

adambiser: It might also be interesting to see how the Save File Repair Utility changed the files to make them work.
Yes, I'm going to look for it - maybe I'll be able to get some standalone version...?

KOCollins: I am sure happy I didn't wait for the GOG version to change...After about a week I had a nagging feeling that nothing else would be done for quite awhile, if ever. Sorry you lost your progress Lexor...Still the game is definetly good enough to start all over again if the mood strikes you. :D
Well, yes, I'm sorry I do not have enough time to monitor whole situation every day - I wish and would be happy to.. :(
Post edited December 29, 2011 by Lexor