It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello, I'm playing Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 and I'm wondering if anyone has figured out the ideal graphical settings for having the most screen area used in Dosbox when your monitor is a 1080p television. Thanks.
discodavejohn: Hello, I'm playing Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 and I'm wondering if anyone has figured out the ideal graphical settings for having the most screen area used in Dosbox when your monitor is a 1080p television. Thanks.
fullresolution=0x0

and

output=ddraw

should do the trick. I'm assuming your windows desktop resolution is set to 1080p? If so, it should work. 0x0 tells DOSBox to use whatever your desktop is set to.
discodavejohn: Hello, I'm playing Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 and I'm wondering if anyone has figured out the ideal graphical settings for having the most screen area used in Dosbox when your monitor is a 1080p television. Thanks.
SirPrimalform: fullresolution=0x0

and

output=ddraw

should do the trick. I'm assuming your windows desktop resolution is set to 1080p? If so, it should work. 0x0 tells DOSBox to use whatever your desktop is set to.
Can you do that in the dosbox interface that GOG gives you? Or do you have to edit the configuration file directly?
My preferred settings (they work well either on my laptop's 1366x768 screen or on my Sony Full HD 40" TV-set):

fullresolution=0x0
output=opengl

aspect=true
scaler=normal2x
Just don't stretch it for God's sake!
SirPrimalform: fullresolution=0x0

and

output=ddraw

discodavejohn: Can you do that in the dosbox interface that GOG gives you? Or do you have to edit the configuration file directly?
Directly, GOG's config program doesn't seem to have an option to edit the fullscreen resolution, just the windowed res.

While you've got the config file open, KingofGnG's suggestions are good:

aspect=true will make sure the game is 4:3 even if it used a non-square pixel mode.

As for the scaler setting, it's a pretty subjective thing, but given that your screen is 1080 pixels tall I'd go for one of the 3x scalers (e.g. normal3x, advmame3x, hq3x).