It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Birthday fun and gifts (for you!)
GOG.com 5th birthday celebration continues, and we came up with some fun activities essential to every nerd party in the universe. Namely, we want to play some trivia with you! There will be prizes, of course, because there have to be gifts in a birthday celebration. Since it is our party, you get to keep the gifts! We wouldn't have it any other way. But, just to make it more fun, you'll have to put some effort into getting them. For the next couple of days (let's say: until Sunday), we'll post a daily activity for you. A quiz, a puzzle, some trivia--you know: fun stuff. Each day you'll get a chance to prove your gaming knowledge and familiarity with GOG.com for a chance to get some free games. Our activity of choice today: word search!

UPDATE:
We got word from our support, that some users aren't sure where they should send the answers. Let's pretend that finding the e-mail address on the picture below is a little warm-up exercise before the actual word search. If you can't handle that task, there's probably not much point in wasting your time looking for the 40 titles. And one more thing: we didn't notice it ourselves, but there's actually 41 hidden titles in the picture (apart from the highlighted "FEZ"). That's because one of the longer ones contains another one, shorter. Still--we don't expect more than 40, and that gives you a bit of an advantage.

GOG.com Birthday Word Search

You've got time until Thursday, September 26, at 14:59PM GMT. That's 24 hours. Have fun! :-)

SOLUTION:

Here's an image provided by our user. Thanks Dan!
GOG.com Birthday Word Search Solution

The hidden titles are as follows:

1. Alan Wake
2. Alpha Centauri
3. Arcanum
4. Baldur's Gate
5. Bioforge
6. Blood
7. Caesar
8. Carmageddon
9. Descent
10. Dungeon Keeper
11. Fallout
12. Freespace
13. FTL
14. Gabriel Knight
15. Hotline Miami
16. Master of Magic
17. Master of Orion
18. Might and Magic
19. Myst
20. Nox
21. Outcast
22. Painkiller
23. Pharaoah
24. Pid
25. Populous
26. Postal
27. Psychonauts
28. Quest For Glory
29. Resonance
30. Sacrifice
31. Sim City
32. Star Control
33. Syndicate
34. The Witcher
35. Theme Hospital
36. Thief
37. To The Moon
38. Ultima
39. Wing Commander
40. Zeus
+ BONUS
41. ArmA (hiding within Carmageddon)

The 40 quickest winners should have the prizes in their email inboxes now. The draw of the other 20 will be done later today.

Congratulations to all winners!
Post edited September 26, 2013 by G-Doc
After checking my e-mail yesterday and today, I got nothing. :(
Post edited September 27, 2013 by JamesBond007
Drozdek: I'm afraid that 'FTL' is not the title of a game. It should be 'FTL: Faster than Light'.
FTL is the title that gets mentioned everywhere - no one speaks of "Faster than light", or "FTL: Faster than light".

Apart from that:

- Alpha Centauri should be Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri;
- Arcanum should be Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura;
- Baldur's Gate should be Baldur's Gate: The original Saga;
- Blood should be Blood (One Unit whole Blood);
- Caesar should be Caesar 3 (= three);
- Carmageddon should be Carmageddon Max Pack;

Should I carry on, or are you convinced already?
Momo1991: :-( Me too - not happy...
Stooner: I sent with "5th Birthday Trivia: Round One" as subject...
How can I be so stupid? ;p
Yeah, me too - how utterly inapplicable to the actual SUBJECT ;-p
Once again, the Greco-Romans are my downfall. Damn my lifelong inability to spell Caesar and Zeus correctly!
Stooner: I sent with "5th Birthday Trivia: Round One" as subject...
How can I be so stupid? ;p
Momo1991: Yeah, me too - how utterly inapplicable to the actual SUBJECT ;-p
yeah. Also I wouldn't be THAT stupid if I didn't already have GOG's email on my adressbook... :P

booo!, I'm deleting you right now GOG.
I'd had made a much nicer graphic (with colour code indicating which way to read), but gave up 18 games in.
Ugh, I thought that Fez counted as one of the 40 so I stopped looking before I found FTL.

Oh well, the contest had already been posted for a few hours by the time I noticed it, so I'm sure several thousand people beat me to it anyway.
Wohooo.. Thanks GOG for the lucky draw! Now to the hard task of picking from one of the great games :). They are just too many!
Oh, wow, I actually won something, too? That's ... unexpected. Thanks a lot, GOG! :D

Now for the difficult part of choosing a good $5.99 game I don't own already ... Btw, does this code have an expiration date, will it be valid for future $5.99 releases, too, and/or is it possible to make it a gift to someone else?
Post edited October 03, 2013 by Leroux
Leroux: Btw, does this code have an expiration date, will it be valid for future $5.99 releases, too, and/or is it possible to make it a gift to someone else?
Yes, Yes, Yes. Assuming it's a normal bonus code like those GOG usually hands out. And I think it's $5.99 or less, so you could grab a DLC or one of the recent indie games. Requires base price to be less than $5.99 though, so no $9.99 at 50% off.
Leroux: Oh, wow, I actually won something, too? That's ... unexpected. Thanks a lot, GOG! :D

Now for the difficult part of choosing a good $5.99 game I don't own already ... Btw, does this code have an expiration date, will it be valid for future $5.99 releases, too, and/or is it possible to make it a gift to someone else?
It will expire on 1 September 2014, I believe.
Leroux: Oh, wow, I actually won something, too? That's ... unexpected. Thanks a lot, GOG! :D

TheEnigmaticT: It will expire on 1 September 2014, I believe.
Ok, cool. Thanks! :)