It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

WRT: Ovoon vs. Silverfire

The difference in my "attitude" comes from a couple of reasons, mainly silverfire claiming they would post more and then not. He got the vote for being the "lurkyest lurker" and it stuck because that didn't change and nothing came up worth changing the vote.

However, with QuadrAlien replacing him, silverfire not being lynched seems to have been a boon to the game.

Also, I think it is a good idea to challenge things, even if you agree with them. You may happen across a hole in the argument or cause someone to slip up. I will make it more clear in the future when I'm doing this, so I don't come across as wishy-washy or schizophrenic.

WRT Roles:

@JoeSapphire: What you say in #353 (only the Cop role has useful information) comes across as "Get the cop to identify themselves".
@Robbeasy: It looks suspicious because it looks like it is pressing for just the cop to claim. As far as I can tell, the combination of all the roles information together would be far more beneficial..

There will be a point where that information will "seal" the victory of the game for town, because staying alive isn't required for victory. Question would be if it was worth the risk of going into the night and them being killed before they can claim/share their information.
xyem: WRT: Ovoon vs. Silverfire

The difference in my "attitude" comes from a couple of reasons, mainly silverfire claiming they would post more and then not. He got the vote for being the "lurkyest lurker" and it stuck because that didn't change and nothing came up worth changing the vote.

However, with QuadrAlien replacing him, silverfire not being lynched seems to have been a boon to the game.

Also, I think it is a good idea to challenge things, even if you agree with them. You may happen across a hole in the argument or cause someone to slip up. I will make it more clear in the future when I'm doing this, so I don't come across as wishy-washy or schizophrenic.

WRT Roles:

@JoeSapphire: What you say in #353 (only the Cop role has useful information) comes across as "Get the cop to identify themselves".
@Robbeasy: It looks suspicious because it looks like it is pressing for just the cop to claim. As far as I can tell, the combination of all the roles information together would be far more beneficial..

There will be a point where that information will "seal" the victory of the game for town, because staying alive isn't required for victory. Question would be if it was worth the risk of going into the night and them being killed before they can claim/share their information.
There are indeed ways of giving/sharing information without the need to resort to claiming, I grant you. I concede it looked suspicious - it wasn't meant, i only meant lets see what the day brings before casting votes. We ARE in exactly the same place as yesterday, like Violator said - except for whatever night actions took place. If we want to move on with the game I just thought disclosure of some info would be wise.....but looking at it from the opposite angle, the Mafia have had failures on both nights (we assume), so why rock the boat?

It can be taken both ways, it goes whichever way you want it to fall.
xyem: @JoeSapphire: What you say in #353 (only the Cop role has useful information) comes across as "Get the cop to identify themselves".
That is sort of what I said. Well, I said that IF the cop identifies themselves now we should have enough information to give town a good crack at winning the game.

I personally think that this would be a good, partly because I would enjoy the risk, and partly because, despite Rob's optimism, I have recurring precognitive visions of everybody getting bored and quitting the game.

And though people disagree I think there is no risk in me stating my opinion as throughout the game no-one has payed any attention to any of my advise.
I'm happy if people discuss the possibility and decide it's a bad idea.

Why are you so firm against the idea of roles being revealed?
QuadrAlien: NMillar: Also a bit quiet, but it would appear from his messages he has been preoccupied with a funeral, so to hold it against him would be churlish. Though I do wish he'd wait for claims before lynching people, at least he's being consistent, I suppose. :P
You are correct! I actually got back late on Saturday, but been trying to catch up on sleep for the last couple of days - I never realised how tired you can get from driving!

I promise to wait for claims this time. :)
JoeSapphire: Why are you so firm against the idea of roles being revealed?
I'm not, I just think you are exaggerating how good the information a cop could give us at this stage is and downplaying how useful other role information is in concert with it.

It looks like you are encouraging the cop to reveal themselves with the exaggeration of how they could "help resolve the game" so they can be hit tonight.
JoeSapphire: Why are you so firm against the idea of roles being revealed?
It is in the mafia's interest to kill off town power roles as soon as possible. Revealing these roles makes the mafia's job easier.
Why do you quote "help resolve the game" like that? I never said that

I know that the mafia want to know who the cop is but with the lack of nightkill it suggests we have a doctor to protect the cop. Though admittedly the stronger suggestion is that we have a jailkeeper in which case protecting the cop would be counterproductive but still it would not be so simple as the mafia immediately freely bumping off the cop.

The mafia also has a good chance of ALREADY knowing who the cop is, in which case they would be strongly opposed to the cop revealing themselves.

Of course there is a chance we have no cop at all...
JoeSapphire: Why do you quote "help resolve the game" like that? I never said that
Programming.

Single quotes for literal, double quotes for interpolated (or paraphrasing).
hm I understand
Attachments:
OK - lets keep this thing moving ....

for keeping up rolefishing activities

Vote JoeSapphire
I'll be happy to stop talking about it once we've heard from everyone.
Quite right - we still haven't heard from two of our players today, Zchinque and Ovoon.

(notices something interesting but irrelevant in the grand scheme of things)

Curious - why is it that everyone who has posted today, with the exception of Vitek in his admin post to start the day, is from the United Kingdom? :P
JoeSapphire: hm I understand
What exactly were you hoping to achieve with that?

Pretty sure I didn't join this game to have random insults directed at me.
Sorry xyem... you aren't really a smellybum...

yeah I noticed we were all from the uk a few days ago. It suggests that some sort of global organisation has banned this mafia game except that England Scotland N Ireland and Wales have diplomatic immunity.
Though 6 of the 8 players left are from the UK

Only zchnique(norway) and ovoon(usa) and the mod arnet

Ovoon hardly talks anyway so its just zchnique being the non UK player....