It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If you're going ahead with the lurker lynch, can you at least extract a claim this time? Hmmm?
Zchinque: If you're going ahead with the lurker lynch, can you at least extract a claim this time? Hmmm?
We shall indeed try - but of course thats a little difficult if you're lynching a lurker - usually a lurker means they're NOT posting?!

But yes, I think we should allow plenty of time for Silver to defend before any hammer is dropped, certainly - it makes sense.
Zchinque: If you're going ahead with the lurker lynch, can you at least extract a claim this time? Hmmm?
Robbeasy: We shall indeed try - but of course thats a little difficult if you're lynching a lurker - usually a lurker means they're NOT posting?!

But yes, I think we should allow plenty of time for Silver to defend before any hammer is dropped, certainly - it makes sense.
A lurker is not a complete non-poster. If he actually doesn't post at all it is the mod's responsibility, and a lynch is not the way to go.
If he doesn't post at all, he should be prodded, then replaced if prodding does nothing, then modkilled if a replacement can't be found.
But how long is it that we're willing to wait?
I see you guys want to lynch me. I figured this would happen due to my lack of activity. Sorry I wasn't more active.

Anyhow, since I'm more than likely to die now... =|
silverfire675: I see you guys want to lynch me. I figured this would happen due to my lack of activity. Sorry I wasn't more active.

Hang on - is that it? No defending, no explanations?

Should we be asking for a replacement here, rather than lynching then?
silverfire675: I see you guys want to lynch me. I figured this would happen due to my lack of activity. Sorry I wasn't more active.

Robbeasy: Hang on - is that it? No defending, no explanations?

My only real defense is that Real life got in the way. I also don't have any solid accusations, which kinda sucks. If you guys want to replace me that is fine. I totally suck at figuring out who the mafia is.

-.-

Robbeasy: Hang on - is that it? No defending, no explanations?

We don't ask for players to be replaced, that should be wholly up to the player in question and the mod to decide.

My thinking on posting and posting requirements are as such (and I know there are people who disagree with me):
The moderator is responsible for making players post according to the rules of the game, usually at least once per three days. If players fail to do so, it should usually go prod->replacement->modkill (on repeat offenders in a single game, prodding may be skipped, going straight to replacement). If a player posts "I have nothing to say" every third day, so be it - they are staying within the rules of the game, and it should not be up to the moderator to consider the quality or value of posts. That said, in a scenario where someone essentially posts a blank every third day, I would probably drop them a PM, politely making sure that they actually want to be in the game, and offer to look for a replacement if they don't.

The players are responsible for making other players post content. If they refuse to cooperate, pressure them, and lynch if need be.

@Silverfire: Mafia can be a tricky game to get into, no doubt, and the general activity level in this game has been... well, rather lackluster, which can make it even harder for new players. Anyway, I hope you stick it out and give it the ol' college try. I wouldn't want to see you replaced, and currently I wouldn't want to see you lynched either.
Alrighty then. I'll attempt a more frequent posting ratio if I somehow make it through without being lynched.
I really don't think silverfire is mafia...
ovoon: I really don't think silverfire is mafia...
Why not?
Our options as I see them layed out:
NoLynch and give SilverFire a second chance on the basis that it is a game for new players.
Lynch SilverFire anyway and give him a second chance next game.
Lynch some other randomer.
Or we all just start living happily in the mafia game, peaceful in the knowledge that night will never approach and we can never be nightkilled.
JoeSapphire: Or we all just start living happily in the mafia game, peaceful in the knowledge that night will never approach and we can never be nightkilled.
The perpetual sunshine will save us from death :D

Perhaps the cause of the slowness is simply because there are too many new people to the game here?
Well, the two I currently want to see lynched the most are Rob and Ovoon.
My reasoning is that Rob does react to pressure, and he seemed to be trying to form a lynch mob against Zchinque (and N Millar...) because they suspected him, and he was quick to form the silverfire lynch mob - it seemed like he suddenly changed style, something in that made me feel like he'd gone from the calm director and leader to mobster in order to try and step out of the circle of attention.
It's understandable that Rob wouldn't want to be in the circle of attention, of course it is, but it's possible to read a sense of desperation into the enaction of it, and I'd like to see if there's a cause for that desperation.

Ovoon is simpler:
#Q&_^Q&Q#LINK:237#Q&_^Q&Q#
Post number 237 is a challenge I find it impossible to back down from.

Now Silver Fire seems to be on a sort of warning?
SilverFire, you've said you'll try and post more frequently. Start now; comment on these 'Finger of Suspicions".
We don't need hard evidence, we don't need you to point fingers, we just need to feel like you're playing the game. In fact, if you're actually enjoying the game it would probably make it loads easier - although if you're not enjoying the game I don't know how to make you.

Everybody: What are we to do? I would be overjoyed to see this day end before next thursday, how's that for a challenge? Can each person here try and come with a rousing, persuasive text on why we should lynch [a person of your choice]? Don't be cautious because if we don't lynch anyone then we aren't playing the game and we should give up now. Here's mine:
We should lynch Robbeasy, because it looks like he has something to hide, and when he's lynched we'll find out what that is.

Finally,
Ovoon,
I don't really know why it affects me so much, I don't know why I've taken it upon myself to direct you when I have hardly the right, but Zchinque has just asked you a question. The question is "why don't you think Silverfire is mafia?"
Please, PLEASE answer this question lest I suffer some form of mild attack of psychosis in frustration.
I think Rob's so called "reacting to pressure" could just be that he wants to get the game in motion. Someone has to start pointing fingers and encouraging people to join them, it's part of how the game works. (I suppose)

So far, I'm not feeling alot of presence from JoeSapphire and Rob. Not sure if that means they are working together, but it would seem that anything is possible.

I said that wrong, but I won't edit it.

I meant to say, "So far I'm feeling alot of..."

So forget I said that "not" :P

Ok. Apparently if you make two posts right next to each other they show up as an "edit"

*facepalm.

I honestly did not know that would happen. I apologize! :*(
Post edited August 13, 2011 by silverfire675