It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JoeSapphire: I've not written anything for two days but I don't really have anything new to add. Just my only thoughts are if the people with experience are thinking, like Mr Millar has suggested, that it would be a good idea to take a step back a bit and let us who've not played get a good go at it then I urge you not to do this as it will just mean that we don't hear much from a third of the players, which will slow down the game.
Well, I'm happy to carry on my aggressive tactics from previous games if that's what desired. I don't have any real suspects at the moment, but JoeSapphire and GameRager (positive rep - FTW?) stick out at the moment with their role playing antics.
I suppose I need to post again too.

I'm keeping my vote on GR because he has acted the most suspiciously so far. Suspicious of all those who have posted very little, for obvious reasons, but as a newbie game, hesitation even as a townie can be expected.
I'm trying to figure out if the tactics the mafia could be using.

On one hand I see people like JoeSapphire garnering a fair amount of attention.

And directly opposite that notion, I see players being very minimal. (I guess I can count myself in that, but I'm working on posting more)

The question I have to ask myself is, would it be more beneficial for a mafia to obtain lots of attention which might allow them to more bluntly influence townspeople.

Or sleeping in the background, attempting a more precise form of trickery, and limiting their overall exposure.

Anyhow that's whats going through my head. No idea if it's the right line of thought, but for a novice such as me, my only hope is to analyze such things.

With all that said, I still vote for JoeSapphire.
silverfire675: The question I have to ask myself is, would it be more beneficial for a mafia to obtain lots of attention which might allow them to more bluntly influence townspeople.

Or sleeping in the background, attempting a more precise form of trickery, and limiting their overall exposure.
That's the thing with mafia. Every suspicious action has an equal and opposite suspicious action. Every strategy has its opposite and as-completely-valid strategy. Whether it is more beneficial really depends on what everyone else regards as suspicious and that can change from game-to-game and person-to-person.
silverfire675: The question I have to ask myself is, would it be more beneficial for a mafia to obtain lots of attention which might allow them to more bluntly influence townspeople.

xyem: That's the thing with mafia. Every suspicious action has an equal and opposite suspicious action. Every strategy has its opposite and as-completely-valid strategy. Whether it is more beneficial really depends on what everyone else regards as suspicious and that can change from game-to-game and person-to-person.
This is true, but I would personally expect newbies to hang back a little and be generally quieter, for the first day or two anyway. But it does come down to an individuals personality i suppose - I dont think Gamerager for instance actually Knows how to be quiet and in the background...;o)

Which overall is making it difficult to do any accurate reading of anyone!! The one i did 3 days ago was made on the thinnest evidence, but we HAVE to use what little we have to try and move the game on.

so in the intersts of getting the game moving - nmillar you said you'd be happy to share your views if required - you wanna go for it and give us your reads so far? We need some opinions and such to get on with, otherwise we're going to dribble on towards deadline.

In fact everyone - come on , lets have your opinions. Even if its just a feeling, or just one post by someone that has sparked your interest, we need to get going. Otherwise the Mafia are just gonna sit back and laugh.
Robbeasy: we're going to dribble on towards deadline [... and] the Mafia are just gonna sit back and laugh.
Quick, get a wire-tapping warrant and we can catch them out!
Meh, I just like to liven things up wherever I go. I also am fond of avocados. So my guess is whoever likes the opposite of avocados is Mafia?
Silver do you actually vote for me? Because if you don't embolded the script it doesn't count as a vote.

I'm not sure I see the logic in the statements Those who roleplay are more likely to have been randomly assigned the role of mafia, or Those who have been randomly assigned the role of mafia are more likely to role play.
Vitek: *snippety*
Could we have a vote count, so that I can tell the non-voters that they are acting anti-town again?

Anyway, I am less than enamored with Joe's posting style. Doesn't make him scum, mind.

I am quite happy with my vote on the Rager at the moment.
You asked for it.

The votecount:

GameRager – 2 – Zchinque, xyem
JoeSapphire – 2 – Robbeasy, Thiev
Zchinque – 1 – ovoon

Not Voting –Silverfire, nmillar, GameRager, JoeSapphire

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

JoeSapphire and GameRager are the closest ones to lynch tied at L-3.

Silverfire, as you haven't bolded your vote it doesn't count. I can't tell whether you really meant it as vote or not, so you have to do it agin if you want to vote him.

Ovoon, you have 14 hours to post then I am going to prod you. Count this as sort of pre-prod. :-)
Vitek: You asked for it.

The votecount:

GameRager – 2 – Zchinque, xyem
JoeSapphire – 2 – Robbeasy, Thiev
Zchinque – 1 – ovoon

Not Voting –Silverfire, nmillar, GameRager, JoeSapphire

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

JoeSapphire and GameRager are the closest ones to lynch tied at L-3.

Silverfire, as you haven't bolded your vote it doesn't count. I can't tell whether you really meant it as vote or not, so you have to do it agin if you want to vote him.

Ovoon, you have 14 hours to post then I am going to prod you. Count this as sort of pre-prod. :-)
This is my,

Official vote for JoeSapphire
ovoon:
Prod, prod, prod.
Please come to visit us.

Now it's Thiev's turn to post soon otherwise there will be another prod.
Vitek: *snippety*
Zchinque: Could we have a vote count, so that I can tell the non-voters that they are acting anti-town again?

Anyway, I am less than enamored with Joe's posting style. Doesn't make him scum, mind.

I am quite happy with my vote on the Rager at the moment.
Hmm....Joe is right though, mind you. Voting on those who roleplay could be a very smart or very dumb move on your part.
@Rob, Thiev, Silverfire:

Why are you voting for Joe? Mind posting a rudimentary case?
Zchinque: @Rob, Thiev, Silverfire:

Why are you voting for Joe? Mind posting a rudimentary case?
Yup - and bear in mind this is only rudimentary at the moment - theres never much to go on in the first day...its mainly just the tone - a lot of jokey comments and reactions to being voted for etc - just strikes me as someone trying just a little bit too hard to create a game 'persona' early on.

You could make a case of Mafia Newbie and just has a different style of posting, but its just pinging my scumdar, if you like.

Its not definitive, but we have to go with something on day one.