It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

TwilightBard: -snip- As far as the double confirmation, I have had a chance to think this over. I'm still not convinced that both are telling the truth, or, even if the truth they're telling is the reality of the game (Aka, that one of them is being given wrong info through their roles). Still not convinced why we have two players with mod-confirmed Town readings though in this setup. Maybe it's simply possible that one of them came because of a different reasoning? Maybe we're reading more into this then we're supposed to...I guess this is something that's just really bothering me. -snip-
Well, I agree in the sense that if we dealing with a scenario where one's faction can change, then it is a likely option that the truths gained by Telika & RWarehall doesn't stay the same. However that is going back to the cult idea - even if it might be a limited cult option (something I am not even sure if its possible). Of course they could also get wrong results, but that will depend on the way the ability to tell faction works. Is it an individual ability or a group ability? How many members of the group? So forth, meaning what is the chance that an entire group gets false results compared to just one member, hence if its a group thing, then I figure that the ability is not delivering false results. However with at least two investigative roles in the game, in different groups, I find it to be almost certain that there must be something that screws with the results - making it necessary to have multiple faction checks.

Anyway, I can't recall if I am still voting for lxyamyakxim, so

Unvote - Vote lxayamyakxim

Lets rock :P
I'm glad that we're at least having a discussion about Telika and RWarehall. To everyone in the group: If one of them is lying about their town read, which player do you think it's likelier to be, Telika or RWarehall?

Even though I find both of them suspect, I have nothing definitive at this stage, so I'm going to say Vote: Ixyamyakxim.

He's acted in a generally scummy manner and hasn't posted since the 5th of July (at least as far as I can tell, but I do not believe that I missed any of his posts).
Howdy all - been away for a long weekend (mates 40th) - i did tell the MOD but forgot to tell you lot on the thread!

Back now and will be catching up soon - on a very quick skim it seems not a lot has happened! No arguing, no rants, no walls of text, nothing!!

Whens the next deadline please? We need to kickstart something soon , can't let another day slide by with a no-lynch!
Robbeasy: Whens the next deadline please? We need to kickstart something soon , can't let another day slide by with a no-lynch!
As flubbucket noted in post 795, the deadline is the 19th of July (this Saturday).

Moving along, I must say that I cannot believe we haven't had a post in (at the time I wrote this) 21 hours. Surely someone had something to contribute in that space of time.

I'm beginning to become increasingly disheartened by this game. We really need to reach a lynch today. I beseech you to vote for someone, even if that someone is me.

Could we have a vote count please, moderator?
Agreed - any lynch is better than the 3'd no lynch...
CSPVG: Moving along, I must say that I cannot believe we haven't had a post in (at the time I wrote this) 21 hours. Surely someone had something to contribute in that space of time.
I have been trying a new strategy this Day. I have been trying to take more of a passive role in discussions to see what other people bring up without having to react to me. I was hoping that being more of a viewer to discussions instead of an active instigator might give me better insights. It hasn't really worked out.

I think around 1/3 of the players haven't posted in a week or more, and those that do post seem to be rehashing the same arguments. I don't blame them; I don't really know what to talk about either at this point. As for a vote, I agree it is past time for me to find a new home for mine. I'll review the thread and make a vote in the next several hours.
Vote: Vitek

Gut feeling.

I blame him for Darko's death.
CSPVG: Moving along, I must say that I cannot believe we haven't had a post in (at the time I wrote this) 21 hours. Surely someone had something to contribute in that space of time.

I'm beginning to become increasingly disheartened by this game. We really need to reach a lynch today. I beseech you to vote for someone, even if that someone is me.

Could we have a vote count please, moderator?
I think it's the fact that we really haven't had anything new to talk about for 2 days. Even without being at work, a lot of what I'm seeing is rehashed arguments and I haven't had anything new to bring to the table. Our last major attempt at a lynch was quickly shot down and any conversation that went with Telika doing that was quickly shot down again by Warehall. I'm at the point where I'm thinking either SPF, Telika, or Warehall need to be lynched to verify it.

The reality is that my vote is probably going to find it's way back to where it's been the last two days. Or Ixyamyakxim, mainly because there hasn't been any revelation that's really gotten me to think about anything more then how the game is designed. The reality is I've seriously debated backing out as well, but with no one able to replace me, I don't think it's fair at this stage.
Is there any way, reason and mainly will to continue this?
Half of players doesn't post at all. 1/4 post once per several days (like me) and only the rest (which are cca 4 people) still try to do something with this game.

When I jump in the game after several days and just vote Ix without saying too much it gets almost no reaction while in normal circumstances it should get at least some questioning.

Honestly, I don't think it is really possible to continue this way and something, even if it something really drastic should be done.
End the game, modkill everyone who has not posted in more than week or shooting someone for real to get some commotion.
CSPVG: Could we have a vote count please, moderator?
Yes, you can, though not tonight (I'm tired). Things have been pretty crazy IRL (I just got engaged *.*) so I haven't been terribly active recently. But yes, sometime tomorrow evening you will have a votecount.
Vitek: End the game, modkill everyone who has not posted in more than week or shooting someone for real to get some commotion.
Actually I'm tempted to start some modkilling, since you're right, this game is getting pretty ridiculous...

(note to self...never ever ever have a 17 player mafia game on GOG...)
Post edited July 17, 2014 by A_Future_Pilot
Vitek: Is there any way, reason and mainly will to continue this?
I think we should give it another Night, if nothing else. Regardless of what happens, or doesn't happen, this Day, we only have to wait a couple more days for Night. If Day 4 breaks and there is nothing new, then we can figure something out at that point.
TwilightBard: Our last major attempt at a lynch was quickly shot down and any conversation that went with Telika doing that was quickly shot down again by Warehall. I'm at the point where I'm thinking either SPF, Telika, or Warehall need to be lynched to verify it.

The reality is that my vote is probably going to find it's way back to where it's been the last two days. Or Ixyamyakxim, mainly because there hasn't been any revelation that's really gotten me to think about anything more then how the game is designed.
Yes yes and yes to the bolded part! I sort of "had" to buy into the Telika / SPF / Warehall town "seer" claim just because no one else brought up that it seemed odd to claim seer so early but I would love to test one of them. Hate that we have to do it by lynching but damn let's get something done! And I can't be the only one who finds it odd that we'd have two players stick their head out, risk their roles and "confirm" town while we still have what, 20 players?
To that end Vote SPF

Mostly because 1) I'd do him a favor wanting to leave anyway (seriously why wasn't Nmillar an easy lynch for this as well?) and 2) I'd REALLY like to do Telika but I keep getting scummy... then town... then scummy... then town... reassurances from people and my myself on him... if I'm not totally sure I'd rather just go for SPF - if SPF IS town worst case all I did was vote to lynch someone who wanted out anyway. Best case Telika looks a bit better in my eyes for saving town early.
I have an odd question, do we even have enough active players to lynch? Or is this going to end up being a 'We need EVERYONE to agree to a lynch who's active and no one's gonna be safe from scrutiny if we're wrong' situation? I'm going to bed right now, will try to make sense of this in a bit.
Krypsyn: I blame him for Darko's death.
Remind me, why is that?

I'm also going to (reluctantly) vote Ixamyakxim, since he started by disbelieving both claims, when this day started, his mind was changed, and he's now trying to confirm it by going after the one that can't confirm the others. Lynching SPF will not give us any confirmation about the other two.
Krypsyn: I blame him for Darko's death.
JMich: Remind me, why is that?

I'm also going to (reluctantly) vote Ixamyakxim, since he started by disbelieving both claims, when this day started, his mind was changed, and he's now trying to confirm it by going after the one that can't confirm the others. Lynching SPF will not give us any confirmation about the other two.
aye, for confirmation purposes it would be better to lynch Telika or RW.

I will wait until we get a vote count to revisit my own vote