It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Krypsyn: P1na, do you share your alter-ego's opinion of my alter-ego's innocence? Why or why not?
I don't really, mostly because I haven't bothered to read through the first day. But my alter ego is still me, in a way, and as such I can only trust myself. Therefore, I'll count you as innocent for cohesion's sake.
Krypsyn: EBWOP

Actually, given the quote from the OP I used above, whether or not all of the factions have been infiltrated at the start is irrelevant. AFP said that 'some' of us have already been swayed. As in more than one. A game with a vanilla Cult that starts out with more than one cult member seems highly unlikely. Like I said before, I think there is something more going on here...
Most likely there is more going on here, AFP when he was working on the setup even mentioned that it's very out of the ordinary. The only information that we've got that's been shared has been Flub's knowledge of Masons (and through his claim, I'm forced to assume that he is one).

flubbucket: And I do know there is a group of masons.

My issue is whether or not they will eventually be infiltrated.
Just to keep people from having to hunt this down, since I almost questioned myself for a minute when I looked for it to verify. This was what I think might be the only concrete piece of information to come out from Day 1 (mainly because I have little desire to read through Day 1 again at the moment.)
Is it just me or does this look like it will take even longer than the slalom mafia?
P1na: Is it just me or does this look like it will take even longer than the slalom mafia?
Everyones trying to work out the factions, the setup etc etc.

It's funny, its like everyones holding their breath and waiting for someone else to start - I'm thinking there's more than a few roles out there, simply because of the lack of coherent posting. In my - admittedly limited - experience, its vanilla players that usually push conversations and get things going, with the Mafia and Town power roles trying to fit in to that, rather than instigating things...

But, it could just be that everyones watching the world cup or involved in the GOG summer sale!!

This day is well started and I've not really seen one post of note yet - no-ones put forward any theories, no-ones had a rant, nothing. Inertia will hand Mafia a win as surely as lynching the wrong people you know! I'm sounding like a stuck record, this is the second post I've done imploring some action...

My own thoughts - I'm going to mostly lay off Flubbucket today, the Mason thing combined with the nagging feeling he Wants to be lynched is definitely putting me off voting for him, but lets see if we cant at least get some discussion going..

@Flubbucket - do you think the Amok post talking about 17 days of night is a slip? Does communication with the MOD (i assume thats what you are implying when you asked the questions) definitely signify scum in your eyes? Or are you just fishing?
Well, then I'll be the one to get suicidal here and try to move things a bit. Worst that can happen is that I get killed, and the dead still have a role anyway, so whatever. I'd rather die heroically while having fun than lurking and checking the thread once a week.

I'll say that having to work out the factions make sense, I don't even know 100% where I belong! On my first mafia game I was Town elite bodyguard and on the second I was Town thief, but on this one I'm not explicitly told to be town. However, I'm not explicitly told to be mafia, either. My condition to win is to wipe out the bad guys, but who the bad guys are depends on perspective does it not? Maybe I find the mafia to be full of kind and nice people, and the townies to be real mean to me, therefore winning by destroying the town. In fact, I could just declare the losing side evil and win just like that. Convenient.

I do think I'm town-ish though, mostly due to not having any night action nor a link to a mafia communication thread. So, go town! unless you guys are mean. I'm watching you.

I'd also like to point out that my PM mentions an "spreading evil", would that be linked to the cult thingy i've read around?
P1na: Well, then I'll be the one to get suicidal here and try to move things a bit. Worst that can happen is that I get killed, and the dead still have a role anyway, so whatever. I'd rather die heroically while having fun than lurking and checking the thread once a week.

I'll say that having to work out the factions make sense, I don't even know 100% where I belong! On my first mafia game I was Town elite bodyguard and on the second I was Town thief, but on this one I'm not explicitly told to be town. However, I'm not explicitly told to be mafia, either. My condition to win is to wipe out the bad guys, but who the bad guys are depends on perspective does it not? Maybe I find the mafia to be full of kind and nice people, and the townies to be real mean to me, therefore winning by destroying the town. In fact, I could just declare the losing side evil and win just like that. Convenient.

I do think I'm town-ish though, mostly due to not having any night action nor a link to a mafia communication thread. So, go town! unless you guys are mean. I'm watching you.

I'd also like to point out that my PM mentions an "spreading evil", would that be linked to the cult thingy i've read around?
You've pretty much just summarised what everyone has been speculating about for days on end in one post - well done you!
Krypsyn: EBWOP

Actually, given the quote from the OP I used above, whether or not all of the factions have been infiltrated at the start is irrelevant. AFP said that 'some' of us have already been swayed. As in more than one. A game with a vanilla Cult that starts out with more than one cult member seems highly unlikely. Like I said before, I think there is something more going on here...
TwilightBard: Most likely there is more going on here, AFP when he was working on the setup even mentioned that it's very out of the ordinary. The only information that we've got that's been shared has been Flub's knowledge of Masons (and through his claim, I'm forced to assume that he is one).

................<snip>.................
In my opinion JMich had a more accurate description in his post #246 when he referenced "neighbors" as opposed to masons.

Robbeasy: ...............<snip>................

@Flubbucket - do you think the Amok post talking about 17 days of night is a slip? Does communication with the MOD (i assume thats what you are implying when you asked the questions) definitely signify scum in your eyes? Or are you just fishing?
Do you have or did you read somewhere about information regarding how long the night was supposed to last??

When someone has specific information not common to everyone else I ask questions.

I wasn't fishing nor was I implying anything so please TRY to stick to the facts.
TwilightBard: Most likely there is more going on here, AFP when he was working on the setup even mentioned that it's very out of the ordinary. The only information that we've got that's been shared has been Flub's knowledge of Masons (and through his claim, I'm forced to assume that he is one).

................<snip>.................
flubbucket: In my opinion JMich had a more accurate description in his post #246 when he referenced "neighbors" as opposed to masons.

Robbeasy: ...............<snip>................

flubbucket: Do you have or did you read somewhere about information regarding how long the night was supposed to last??

When someone has specific information not common to everyone else I ask questions.

I wasn't fishing nor was I implying anything so please TRY to stick to the facts.
Why the antagonism?? I already said 'I assume' - that tells you I'm not taking as fact, but making an assumption - its a very different thing, which you have the right to correct. I would prefer you weren't quite so condescending when you do so though...;)

I read Amoks post and assumed it had been mentioned previously, I didn't go back and check. I haven't seen a specific post about it.
I thought the 17 nights thing was mention in the OP?
I find nothing wrong about knowing of length of night. I too inquired about it when the night was getting too long and was told it was supposed to last as long as day, so I don't think why flub is doing big deal from it.
I don't see how it can prove anyone scummy or innocent so it doesn't interest me.
Regarding length of the night phase, perhaps what some people are remembering is that A_F_P states in the first post of the sign up thread:

"The length of the phases will be the number of players currently in game (plus a couple extra when the number of players gets low)".
I hope that the assumption that we're playing a Cult game doesn't turn the whole process into that of an Assassin in the Palace game.
Since nothing has really changed since yesterday, I'm going to keep my vote the same.
Vote: flubbucket
DarkoD13: Since nothing has really changed since yesterday
Dude, that's just rude.
Did someone quote me? Weird, I don't see anything. :P
Robbeasy: You've pretty much just summarised what everyone has been speculating about for days on end in one post - well done you!
So I'm about as informed as you all are and I need not feel guilty about not reading through the first day. Great.

I'm going to go and guess that this is a mafia that spreads in a limited manner (since if we had 1 lynch 1 conversion per night it would be rather impossible for town to win) and we each have a group you belong to, but we aren't told who else is a member of our group. Not to mention, even if we knew, they could be corrupted anyway... nobody can be trusted because anyone could be corrupted overnight. To make things worse, there's no feedback on who got corrupted the way we would about who got killed. So we need to do something or we'll all go evil before we notice.

This means, either power roles should do something before they get corrupted themselves, to give some clarity, or we can kill at random and hope for the best. There can be no whitelist after all. Regarding the dead and their role on the afterlife, I wonder if a corrupted individual would be redeemed in death. That could be interesting: you play town till you turn mafia, and then go back to town. Hard to not feel attached to any one role and "cheat", though.

Since I claim to have no power and can therefore only kill at random, that's what I'll do for now. I wanna see blood.