It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

At the very least, we will see some activity before the June 3rd deadline.

I also agree that it's a good idea to play against a standard Mafia until a cult is confirmed. However, we would be counting too much that the wording in the OP, and especially that in our win conditions for the game, is empty flavour. I suggest keeping the possibility of a cult in the back of our minds, at least. But hopefully our lynches will confirm what type of game we're playing sooner than later.

That said, if there are reasons not to lynch 1st day, it would do good to know them; so far, I've only read posts here that suggest lynching might be a good idea.

Telika:
I am also interested in the history of the "he did it on purpose" thing. Here's the first post mentioning the idea of "too scummy to be scum", but I suggest looking at it after you do your own reading so you don't get biased by what I link-

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_forum_mafia_21_the_end_of_the_world/post150
DarkoD13: Yeah, DarkoD13, Dark, RVS silliness.
Do you think that the way he justified his unvote is suspicious? The full sentence kind of makes sense:
"I don't really think he's that scummy, at least not in terms of seriousness"
That post does have a guilty vibe, but what I'm getting is guilt that he doesn't have a serious vote at this point and/or hasn't been very active.
Well, the fact he felt need to explain his RVS vote feels off to me, but it is not something to hang someone for.
I find the first post worse.
Two days to deadline then.

We got any notion? Any chance we could all make a list of who we think is scummy and who isn't??

My reads so far..

Leaning Scum -

Flubbucket.
Think he might be playing some game where he wants lynching first, because its just so damn obvious. As Telika says , if its some scheme then great lets lynch him and set it in motion. The only thing that worries me slightly is some jester type role, but with the Mod saying dead doesnt necessarily mean out of the game, I'm thinking there may be something else in store. Plus we have his softclaim about Masons - why drop that information out? It can only help scum..

Leaning Scum ever so slightly -

Jmich.
Solely for wanting the race claiming. I'm of the opinion that especially early on, the less information freely given the better position we are in. By association with that, also have Amok, Telika, and cmdr_flashheart - especially the last two for then muddying the waters with 'jokey' claims.

Really not got anything on anyone else. It's really horrible first day, cant get any reads on anyone...I havent got ANYONE down as leaning town at all, so far.

Vote stays with Flubbucket - I can see no likelier candidate.
Since there is only two days until night, we do need a lynch or scum just gets a free kill.

I do think Flub is too eager to get lynched, but I also do not think we can manage to get another wagon in such short time, the votes are just to spread out. I will therefore:

Unvote
Vote Flub
amok: Since there is only two days until night, we do need a lynch or scum just gets a free kill.

I do think Flub is too eager to get lynched, but I also do not think we can manage to get another wagon in such short time, the votes are just to spread out. I will therefore:

Unvote
Vote Flub
That's a bullshit reason to vote for him when a lot of people have the same amounts of votes

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_forum_mafia_21_the_end_of_the_world/post269

Unvote Flub
Vote Amok
amok: Since there is only two days until night, we do need a lynch or scum just gets a free kill.

Unvote
Vote Flub
cmdr_flashheart: That's a bullshit reason to vote for him when a lot of people have the same amounts of votes

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_forum_mafia_21_the_end_of_the_world/post269

Unvote Flub
Vote Amok
yeah - but do you see the same amount of discussion on those people? Just because others have the same amount of votes, do not mean I can see a wagon happen on the,

See also posts: followed by [url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_forum_mafia_21_the_end_of_the_world/post276]276
amok:
However, both TB and CSPABC have some valid discussion as well, and TB had more votes than Flub to count as a "wagon". I also find it suspicious that you're all of a sudden convinced of voting Flub after a response I wrote to Telika.
amok:
cmdr_flashheart: However, both TB and CSPABC have some valid discussion as well, and TB had more votes than Flub to count as a "wagon". I also find it suspicious that you're all of a sudden convinced of voting Flub after a response I wrote to Telika.
maybe, but I do vote a lot on gut feeling. My gut feeling is as follows.

I do find the interaction between you and the bard interesting, though. I would be interested in also getting a wagon rolling on the bard, as if he is scum, I do think it is likely that you are also.

I am open for suggestion at this stage.
cmdr_flashheart: However, both TB and CSPABC have some valid discussion as well, and TB had more votes than Flub to count as a "wagon". I also find it suspicious that you're all of a sudden convinced of voting Flub after a response I wrote to Telika.
amok: maybe, but I do vote a lot on gut feeling. My gut feeling is as follows.

I do find the interaction between you and the bard interesting, though. I would be interested in also getting a wagon rolling on the bard, as if he is scum, I do think it is likely that you are also.

It makes sense no sense to me why someone would do something so obvious, like purposely skip over their partners name; this reeks of a setup. It would have made sense if TB was a novice player, but he's not, so this seems like scum setup play to me.

As with Flub, we again see this obvious scummy behaviour, which makes me think it's being done to possibly divert attention from someone vulnerable, like a Don or Papa Dark Smurf.

You, on the other hand, only came out with a solid vote after a reason to suspect you was given.
amok: maybe, but I do vote a lot on gut feeling. My gut feeling is as follows.

cmdr_flashheart: It makes sense no sense to me why someone would do something so obvious, like purposely skip over their partners name; this reeks of a setup. It would have made sense if TB was a novice player, but he's not, so this seems like scum setup play to me.

As with Flub, we again see this obvious scummy behaviour, which makes me think it's being done to possibly divert attention from someone vulnerable, like a Don or Papa Dark Smurf.

You, on the other hand, only came out with a solid vote after a reason to suspect you was given.
so you are saying that you think FLub is sum but should not be hanged now as we have very little time?
cmdr_flashheart: It makes sense no sense to me why someone would do something so obvious, like purposely skip over their partners name; this reeks of a setup. It would have made sense if TB was a novice player, but he's not, so this seems like scum setup play to me.

amok: so you are saying that you think FLub is sum but should not be hanged now as we have very little time?
I am saying I changed my vote based on your behaviour- you agreed with Telika in post #276, and since then you've posted at least three times without voting. BUT you only gave out a vote after a reason to suspect you was highlighted.
amok: so you are saying that you think FLub is sum but should not be hanged now as we have very little time?
cmdr_flashheart: I am saying I changed my vote based on your behaviour- you agreed with Telika in post #276, and since then you've posted at least three times without voting. BUT you only gave out a vote after a reason to suspect you was highlighted.
Because time limit in two days, which is like half an hour in forum time. the last two games I played ended in no-lynch due to this, and it was a free kill for scum.
cmdr_flashheart: I am saying I changed my vote based on your behaviour- you agreed with Telika in post #276, and since then you've posted at least three times without voting. BUT you only gave out a vote after a reason to suspect you was highlighted.
amok: Because time limit in two days, which is like half an hour in forum time. the last two games I played ended in no-lynch due to this, and it was a free kill for scum.
Your last post was yesterday, and there's not that much difference in yesterday and today; the "pressing deadline" reason would have been just as valid one day ago, especially since you had a "gut feeling" about your vote all along. And just what the hell kind of reasoning is "too scummy to be scum", you were the first to mention that concept, and it has done nothing but drag stuff out by muddying the waters.
God how I hate this forum rules and edits..
amok: Because time limit in two days, which is like half an hour in forum time. the last two games I played ended in no-lynch due to this, and it was a free kill for scum.
cmdr_flashheart: Your last post was yesterday, and there's not that much difference in yesterday and today; the "pressing deadline" reason would have been just as valid one day ago, especially since you had a "gut feeling" about your vote all along. And just what the hell kind of reasoning is "too scummy to be scum", you were the first to mention that concept, and it has done nothing but drag stuff out by muddying the waters.
I tend to watch and see what others do. I though it may have been a jester, but Telika is right. Should also have said : Also, as it was just pointed out by Rob (just before my new vote), it is 2 days left. I lost track of how long time left, so yes, it is a bit kneejerk reaction.
Post edited June 01, 2014 by amok
amok: ...
HOLD ON one moment - when was this?
I said that at least twice before the post you quoted.

I don't think it's likely, but I am wrong about you. Would be nice to see what other people say.