It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

amok:
cmdr_flashheart: Telika's explanation (post #157) was nice food for thought (thanks for it, Telika). But this is an interesting point here- what can someone hope to gain by infiltrating the dead?

It's easy to guess that the idea might be to use that avenue to get intel on other factions and who makes them up. I guess people should mentally prepare themselves for this right now- don't slip up even when you die; loose lips sink space ships.

HOWEVER, there's one obvious kink in that plan- when someone dies, their identity will be revealed. So, I don't think that non-scum dead would be so forthcoming with info in the presence of scum-dead.

That makes me think that getting lynched on purpose isn't to infiltrate the dead, but for some other reason. Maybe there's something about the format of this game which eludes someone, and they're experimenting to see what would happen?

Even for a Townie, it makes no sense to get lynched on purpose- if your identity is revealed as per Mafia game SOP, then the scum-dead will know who you were, and will act accordingly.

So in short, getting lynched on purpose makes no sense for either side.

If we are to consider the YOLO SWAG comment linked by Telika as a slip up, then that first slip up explains the rest of the posts up till now, a "going rogue" if you will because they left a rouge flag for experienced players to identify.

Other than that, I think it would be useful to hear from other people about what they think.
Not sure I follow this, may be from lack of sleep. The flaw here is that scum, be it dead or alive, will always know that the other dead or alive players are townies - they know who is who.

However, Flub may be some kind of voodoo master who can recruit dead players after he has been killed and can control the underworld... or something like that... that the game may be about control of the afterlife. That way, it makes sense for him to die as soon as possible. I do have a wild imagination, though, but I want to err on the side of caution. There may be other reasons why he want to get lynched, he may be a jester.
cmdr_flashheart: Telika's explanation (post #157) was nice food for thought (thanks for it, Telika). But this is an interesting point here- what can someone hope to gain by infiltrating the dead?

It's easy to guess that the idea might be to use that avenue to get intel on other factions and who makes them up. I guess people should mentally prepare themselves for this right now- don't slip up even when you die; loose lips sink space ships.

HOWEVER, there's one obvious kink in that plan- when someone dies, their identity will be revealed. So, I don't think that non-scum dead would be so forthcoming with info in the presence of scum-dead.

That makes me think that getting lynched on purpose isn't to infiltrate the dead, but for some other reason. Maybe there's something about the format of this game which eludes someone, and they're experimenting to see what would happen?

Even for a Townie, it makes no sense to get lynched on purpose- if your identity is revealed as per Mafia game SOP, then the scum-dead will know who you were, and will act accordingly.

So in short, getting lynched on purpose makes no sense for either side.

If we are to consider the YOLO SWAG comment linked by Telika as a slip up, then that first slip up explains the rest of the posts up till now, a "going rogue" if you will because they left a rouge flag for experienced players to identify.

Other than that, I think it would be useful to hear from other people about what they think.
amok: Not sure I follow this, may be from lack of sleep. The flaw here is that scum, be it dead or alive, will always know that the other dead or alive players are townies - they know who is who.
Er, yeah, that's true. In light of this, I don't think there's any strategy here to infiltrate the dead, but it only seems that way.

However, Flub may be some kind of voodoo master who can recruit dead players after he has been killed and can control the underworld... or something like that... that the game may be about control of the afterlife. That way, it makes sense for him to die as soon as possible..
No way, man, then there's no way for the Town to win. The most powerful weapon the Town has is the lynch vote, so there's no better way to screw the Town over than to make the lynch vote work against it. Scum would be so OP in this case.
Lots of talk about killers and cultists, though I also find it unlikely to have both. I do agree with Vitek that killers are more likely than cultists, mostly due to balance reasons.
So far we know that there are neighbors in the game, and quite a lot of them. I would like us to race claim, though I'm sure a few people will have some compelling arguments as to why we shouldn't. But I do guess it would depend on how many scum we have, and whether they already know of the races or not.
I have no problems with a race claim.... but I fear we will get into the same situation as with the clues in the previous game. If nothing else, it will clear up the issue about how many people are in each race, and how many races that are in play. Flub will be happy :)
I'm ok with the race claim. This could also avoid bad surprises such as every each faction having only 4 members and assuming that some OTHER faction has 5...
Let's do it.

I am Argonian.
Argonian? What the heck is Argonian?
RWarehall: Argonian? What the heck is Argonian?
Elder Scrolls Lizard Race.
In that case, I'm Protoss...
List of races not in the game:

1. Vulcan

You are now informed.
Well duh. I don't see Thespian on the player list.
Please tell me there is no St.Bernhard.
Telika: Please tell me there is no St.Bernhard.
You're right, I should add that to the list.

5. Once you’ve been lynched, you are dead. Unlike most mafia games however, that does NOT mean you stop taking part in the game. You will be PM'd with instructions once dead.
amok:
Note the "once you’ve been lynched". No other cause of death mentionned. Maybe because it's about a process specific to lynching. Maybe because there is no other death.
Telika: Please tell me there is no St.Bernhard.
A_Future_Pilot: You're right, I should add that to the list.
Off course there are no St.Bernhard's in space, that would be silly and pointless.

However, I am Laika III, a possibly part-husky and part-terrier mongrel

WOOF!

Telika: Note the "once you’ve been lynched". No other cause of death mentionned. Maybe because it's about a process specific to lynching. Maybe because there is no other death.
hmm.... good point. Maybe this is some sort of cult game, then.