It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

etb: snip
I must of played a different game. What I played was an badly made ball of fun. I enjoyed it for what it was. But yet I didn't have unrealistic expectations.
gunshellmav: I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but I'm feeling brave.

I wanted to like Neverwinter Nights 2. I really did. Aside from the updated graphics, everything NWN2 did , I felt NWN1 did better. I found that the editor was more entertaining than the initial game.
Nah you're not alone, I thought Neverwinter Nights 2 was shite too. I would also add the piss poor KOTOR 2 to the list. It should of been soo good.
Post edited December 31, 2014 by darthspudius
etb: snip
darthspudius: I must of played a different game. What I played was an badly made ball of fun. I enjoyed it for what it was. But yet I didn't have unrealistic expectations.
Are you speaking of Duke Nukem Forever? Perhaps you are right, but I played the original multiple times and Serious Sam was already 10 years old... Why "keep somewhat the same level" is unrealistic expectation?

Sure, if by "realistic expectation" you mean "I expect a total crappy game that make me wonder why I am not doing something funnier like sorting my socks by length". Then yes, it was probably better than this.

In the first description I was exaggerating a little bit... JUST a little bit. Anyhow I think DNF deserves to be in this topic.
darthspudius: Nah you're not alone, I thought Neverwinter Nights 2 was shite too. I would also add the piss poor KOTOR 2 to the list. It should of been soo good.
Same here, I played the game when it was shiny new and I had the "obvious beta" feeling. Slow and the main quest was totally bare bone.

I remember an extreme case: your characters just walk in a street and some people standing in front of a static inn start insulting them with something like: "who enters? the circus?" and one of your characters answers: "we entered walking, someone is going to leave flying".

Too bad there was no inn and no-one entered anywhere. It was obvious that developers prepared the scripts and the dialog, but yet no inn...

I never finished it, but I kinda liked the main quest until it lasted.
Post edited December 31, 2014 by etb
jdsgn: This example is quite... impressive.
If you say it's good, I'll go with Dale Keeper.
Thank you very much for helping me!
etb: Always make a backup of your saves before modifying and nothing can really go wrong.
You're absolutely right, backup, thanks for reminding me, I had almost forgotten this... yeah, I'm not really awake today, I guess...
Alpha Protocol. Well, an hour long tutorial and some bad mini-games don't encourage people to grab this game. The stealth part is relatively decent, has a great system of choices and consequences, great, memorable characters (hell, even the villains are not black and white - see Brayko, Marburg, Parker, Shaheed, Leland and so on). And yet everyone hates the game for those two things that were poorly executed. The hacking mini-game was absolutely horrendous on PC. And people perceiving the game as a 3rd person shooter....Didn't helped much there either.
There is another game known as The Dark Eye - that is not part of The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav etc. series. A little known one based on some of the stories of Edgar Allen Poe.

I played a way into it several years ago, but even then it had issues. A horror game (of course, being E A Poe), in a point and click format. The graphic style was perfect for the game, being 3D rendered claymation. However it required an old version of QuickTime to run the cut scenes (newer ones wouldn't work). The installation was clunky. But worst of all, it was very easy to get stuck in logic loops where if you clicked something out of order then you would never get the right story prompts or interactive objects to progress in the game. This was sad because in itself it was an excellent game for atmosphere. It was spooky without having jump scares. It just conveyed a perfect level of dreary hopelessness.

On the other hand, if it could somehow be remastered into a modern installation and the bugs ironed out, it would be a perfect Good Old Game!
wolfsrain: Alpha Protocol...
Add console-based saving system, and it's like being whacked by 2x4.