It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Risen, great game but what a short ending reminded me of KOTOR 2

just finished Blake Stone Aliens of Gold
Post edited January 14, 2012 by Barnell
Postal 2

Playing Might and Magic 2
Psychonauts (PC) - got all the Achievements, too.

Fun fact: this is the third or fourth computer I've played Psychonauts on, and the first one that can actually run it at acceptable levels. Damn, but it's nice not to suddenly drop to a crawl whenever I'm levitating.

Other fun fact: this is my second "serious" playthrough of the game. The first time I collected everything up to but not including Black Velvetopia (which I played last of the three which can be played in any order), but didn't manage to complete the game before heading home (I was visiting family in the States).
When I got back the save file had been uninstalled along with the game, and ever since I've been trying to motivate myself to play the game again; in fact, it was the first game I installed on this computer, back in aught-eight, and it's been sitting there since. Then the Steam version was updated, there was a sale and holiday cheevments, and I figured I'd buy it a second time, which led to me finally completing the game. The playthrough was done on both my laptop and my desktop; gotta love Steam Cloud.

EDIT: I also had to replay all of Lungfishopolis and The Milkman Conspiracy as I finished the latter too quickly and missed out on a lot of cool stuff that is removed when you beat the level and I forgot to save after the former. I got a strange feeling of déjà vu while doing it; I think I did the same thing the last time as well. Heh.
Post edited January 15, 2012 by Whitecroc
I just finished Jagged Alliance 2, and wow, what a game. It was nothing short of amazing, probably the most rewarding tactical game I've ever played. I loved it (when it did not crash on me), almost every min of it. The turnbased combat was among the most intense I've ever experienced, I was at the edge of my seat through most of it.

If you have not played Jagged Alliance 2, you owe it to yourself. I for one disliked the art style, and that was the reason why I did not play it up until now. If you are like I were just a short while ago, then you don't know what you are missing out on.
Whitecroc: Psychonauts (PC) - got all the Achievements, too.

Fun fact: this is the third or fourth computer I've played Psychonauts on, and the first one that can actually run it at acceptable levels. Damn, but it's nice not to suddenly drop to a crawl whenever I'm levitating.

Other fun fact: this is my second "serious" playthrough of the game. The first time I collected everything up to but not including Black Velvetopia (which I played last of the three which can be played in any order), but didn't manage to complete the game before heading home (I was visiting family in the States).
When I got back the save file had been uninstalled along with the game, and ever since I've been trying to motivate myself to play the game again; in fact, it was the first game I installed on this computer, back in aught-eight, and it's been sitting there since. Then the Steam version was updated, there was a sale and holiday cheevments, and I figured I'd buy it a second time, which led to me finally completing the game. The playthrough was done on both my laptop and my desktop; gotta love Steam Cloud.

EDIT: I also had to replay all of Lungfishopolis and The Milkman Conspiracy as I finished the latter too quickly and missed out on a lot of cool stuff that is removed when you beat the level and I forgot to save after the former. I got a strange feeling of déjà vu while doing it; I think I did the same thing the last time as well. Heh.
The Milkman Conspiracy and Lungfishopolis were, for me, the 2 genuinely LOL funny parts of the game - love those CIA agents and Japanese Lungfish!
I need to go back to the 'save point of no return' and get some more stuff, just got to motivate myself, I think its because of the thought of doing the whole of the MeatCircus AGAIN!
I really should find all those scavenger hunt items at least though!
List updated as o 15 January 2012.

Any mistakes, omissions, errors of any kind please just quote me (so I'll definitely see it) and I will try to correct them as soon as possible
I have finished my first two games of 2012:

Just Cause 2: Purchased from Amazon during one of the deals of the day, it turned out to be one of my favorite games that I played last year. The game creates a very impressive world. The scale is mind-boggling and yet while there's not a ton of stuff to do, the game lets you blow pretty much everything and be rewarded for it. The story, while not amazing, isn't any worse than any other action game out there, and is appropriately cheesy at times.

Cave Story+: From HIB4, when I started playing it I was too impressed, and wasn't really sure if I wanted to continue. However, once I got more story from the game, I marathoned it over the past two days to finish after not playing it for a few weeks. Knowing a little bit about the alternate endings and secrets will certainly entice me to play it again sometime in the future.
I just finished the single player part of Portal 2. The humor was good but it didn't grab me as much as the first one. I'll be playing the cooperative missions with my brother next.
Finished:
Jamestown
Mafia II
F.E.A.R. 2

if terraria had an ending I would have finished already. played 90 hrs since I bought it 2 weeks and a few days ago
I missed finishing Dark Lord in 2011 by about 10 minutes.

And I finished Super Robot Wars OG2. It wasn't a pleasant experience and left me kind of bitter and jaded about the entire mecha genre. :(
Bulletstorm!
One of the most fun gaming experiences I've had in quite a while. I stayed up past 8am playing it the other day because I was just having too much fun. (I usually go to bed at about 4am.)
lukaszthegreat:
Dead Meets Lead - Jan 16

That final boss battle is perhaps the most difficult thing I can imagine. 12 minutes of pretty intense hack, slash, run, and gun. I don't know how many times I tried to defeat it.
Update post, finished these last week:
Hydrophobia
Jamestown

Finished two other games this weekend:
Nation Red, If you can count it as finishing the all the story missions. This is kind of an endless game.
Chrome, the early scifi shooter from Techland. Bit rough at times but managed to finish it still.
Blackwell Unbound.

Great game and sequel, but even shorter than the first one - 2 hours according to Steam (they probably rounded it down to the nearest hour or something.)

Edit: And now Blackwell Convergence.
Post edited January 17, 2012 by kalirion
lukaszthegreat: List updated as o 15 January 2012.

Any mistakes, omissions, errors of any kind please just quote me (so I'll definitely see it) and I will try to correct them as soon as possible
Lukas, I just finished Dead Space 2