It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just finished Unepic.

The end was, um, really cool.....

Did I get that right? Please don't kill me!
Just finished Costume Quest. Very nice little game! Yes, short one (around 6 hours with all the successes on Steam), but very good. The Psychonauts spirit is still there.. and that's all I asked from Doublefine studios!

I might try it's DLC later, but so far, I'm satisfied with it and I'll try something else.

So far, my finished games in 2012 :

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post15
I finished Shadowground Survivor last night. It's very short (3 hour session - I played on hard but I should have pick higher. Hard is second lowest out of 5. I don't get why they can't call them beginner, easy, medium, hard, impossible or similar), some things doesn't make sense at all (survivor arenas where most of them appears without explanation.), there are still some weird bugs (in scripting), but I liked it more than original game. The gameplay was more fluent and I liked short episodes more than original game. Leveling is always nice, although it isn't too important.

It deserves 6/10.

Full list.
Finished DLC Quest (During short break from FFX, not that it took too long :P )

If there is anyone who didn't play it, go get it. I laughed my ass off. I would write few more things, but taken the length of the game, it would be massive spoiler.
Post edited August 25, 2012 by IronStar
This year I've only beaten:

Ultima 4
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Dragon Quest 4
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Torchlight
Morrowind (not the expansion packs, though)

========================
Games I've started and are mid-way in, and still need to beat:

Monkey Island 2
The Dark Spire
Phantasmagoria
Dragon Quest 5 (very near end)
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
Ultima 5

And this is only the tip of an iceberg of even more games, unopened, shrink-wrapped, still waiting to be played, which are too many to list here. I'm feeling overwhelmed, especially with only 5-6 hours of "me-time" on weekdays; I'm actually tempted to quit my fulltime job but I keep imagining myself as a 60-year old homeless man, covered in flies, regretting the worst decision of his life. Maybe that's unrealistic...
Just beat Hexen for the firs time in many years. Still a great game.
Shadowgrounds: Survivor: A good but rather short top down shooter, that delivered more of what made Shadowgrounds good.
AFnord: Shadowgrounds: Survivor: A good but rather short top down shooter, that delivered more of what made Shadowgrounds good.
What made Shadowgrounds good?
AFnord: Shadowgrounds: Survivor: A good but rather short top down shooter, that delivered more of what made Shadowgrounds good.
Vitek: What made Shadowgrounds good?
It had solid core shooting mechaincs, a good general atmosphere, fun weapons and relatively varied enemies.
Vitek: What made Shadowgrounds good?
AFnord: It had solid core shooting mechaincs, a good general atmosphere, fun weapons and relatively varied enemies.
I actually thought the original was much better than Survivor in almost every way, from story to atmosphere to gameplay. I did really like Survivor's flamethrower dude though.
AFnord: It had solid core shooting mechaincs, a good general atmosphere, fun weapons and relatively varied enemies.
kalirion: I actually thought the original was much better than Survivor in almost every way, from story to atmosphere to gameplay. I did really like Survivor's flamethrower dude though.
Crap, I totally forgot I got the Shadowgrounds games from a HiB like a year ago. I never played them D:
kalirion: I actually thought the original was much better than Survivor in almost every way, from story to atmosphere to gameplay. I did really like Survivor's flamethrower dude though.
I dislike almost every aspect you mentioned. I think the atmosphere wasn't too good and I almost never felt like being overrun and threatened by aliens, with exception of Electric gun and maybe Rocket launcher I found weapons uninteresting and generic and aliens were unintersting too. I mostly disliked how I was just pawn with no free will, go there, do this, everything done without single objection. Plus the way both games artifically put obstacles in your way. (survivals where there suddenly one-way force field appeared out of nowhere or in original game when you got cut off from your allies for no apparent reason.)

Survivor had much better survival feeling and flame guy was amusing character (yet I picked soldier for last mission as he had best suited weapons).
Took a small break from gigantic Bethesda games to play Beneath a Steel Sky.

2012 List
The Sims 3: Pets
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Alpha Protocol
Beneath a Steel Sky
On the topic of Shadowgrounds, I remember some months ago that I installed it with the intention to play it, but apart from starting it up once I'm not sure why I ever actually played the game... Oh well...

Just finished The Missing Link DLC for Deus Ex Human: Revolution. Overall, I enjoyed the additional content for what it, I spent a little less than 5 hours on it - I played a combination of stealth and guns blazing (mainly in the latter half of the game). There are a couple interesting choices in the game, that lead to other events occurring. As a continuation of the base game, I really enjoyed it. However, 15 bucks for this seems a bit steep, as I picked this up when it was on sale back at the end of June.

Additionally, with all the discussion on the board of Just Cause 2, I dove back in and played a bit of that today. Just as fun when I first played it, wreaking havoc on the gorgeous archipelago is never dull.

So far:
Just Cause 2
Cave Story+
Area 51
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
XIII
Star Wars: Jedi Academy
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Metro 2033
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Mirror's Edge
Thief II: The Metal Age
Alan Wake
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link
Already finished:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post566

Soulcaster
Neat little indie retro styled arcade game. Mixture of good old Gauntlet with some ideas from tower defense games. Plays much better than it sounds. Finished it in an hour. Played the XBLI game even though I own these on Desura. Just couldn't get that to run for some reason. Next up the sequel.

Pyramid Rising
Another Android game. Got this because I though it was going to be RTS game. It is actually a time management game, which appears to be genre which I never played before. Probably because it is very casual type of game "genre". Visually it looks like RTS with some Disney styled cut-scene cartoons. Game is actually quite good, just very easy. Only challenge is to get a golden scarab on every level, which requires you to complete the objectives in a limited time. Golden scarab unlocking an item in your city, which seems pointless. There is some strategy involved in later on levels which makes it somewhat interesting, especially with multiple buildings where you collect rent and high joy rating.

Dirt 2
Finally 100/100 races done. Must have taken closer to 40h. But still worth it. My first proper GFWL game and didn't really have problems with it. Doing 100 races is of course quite lot and those track races sure start to repeat itself. Also the dudebro comments between every race tad annoying. Still an excellent game.