It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

i can't remember.............
Return to Zork - Sort of. I followed a walktrhough for a ton of it and the ending is broken so I watched that on youtube, but in essence I beat it. Sort of.

It was pretty insane. Not sure how anyway could have ever completed it without a walkthrough. People complain about the "monkey wrench" in Monkey Island 2, but there were a dozen things in this game that were ten times worse.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on PC.. It was... Okay. Solid enough shooter (best enjoyed in multiplayer) but the script was cheesy. Think Call of Duty but even more far fetched, with laughable acting.

Still a blast, I suppose.
Fallout 1 can be fully completed in sub 10 hours. not easy in that timeframe but possible.
So I finally beat my second game of the year... God of War for the PS3 (The God of War Collection Version).

So that makes my current list

1. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West- Xbox 360
2. God of War- PS3
Now I am done Ultimate Doom as I played and beat the Thy Flesh Consumed episode (finsihed the other three last month). The wiki faq was right. Level 2 of 8 is by far the hardest. The other levels were more difficult than typical Ultimate Doom levels but the final level in Thy Flesh Consumed was pretty straight forward to beat. Stil a worthwhile episode to ultimate doom though.

Perhaps i'll start Doom II in a few weeks.
Post edited February 04, 2011 by Kabuto
I've been doing this thing recently to help me get through games. Normally I'm just perpetually "not in the mood" for whatever games I'm meant to be playing, they get left behind and then I can't get back into them again. So I've made a list and attributed numbers to each one and every day I spend some time randomly selecting numbers (with random.org) and just dutifully play that game for a preset amount of time, depending on the game (e.g. 2 hours for RPGs, 1 for point-and-clicks).

Then, at the end of the day, each game I didn't get around to playing has two numbers. So what was 1 is now 1-2, 2 become 3-4 and so on. It goes on like that until eventually the games that haven't come up for a while have incredibly high chances of appearing. It's great because I don't have to think "Am I really in the mood for Myst Uru?". No, I just play it for a preset time. It might sound like it's a cold, passionless experience but it's really just a way of getting started at a game. Once I'm started, I get into it and enjoy it. I just need that little nudge. So there aren't any new completed games to mention yet but pretty soon there should be a whole load in one go.
reaver894: Fallout 1 can be fully completed in sub 10 hours. not easy in that timeframe but possible.
Fallout 1 can actually be completed in like 7 minutes, lol.
So far:

2009:

Grand Theft Auto IV, C&C3: Tiberium Wars, C&C3: Kane's Wrath, Fallout 1, Fallout 3, Devil May Cry 4, Beneath A Steel Sky

2010:

Final Fantasy VII, Dead Space, Unreal, Heavy Rain, Mass Effect, Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky, Secret of Monkey Island: SE, Jagged Alliance 2, Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty, Assassin's Creed

2011:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles, Bioshock
Hmmm, Two worlds. Not sure why i play it through. Pure masochism, maybe.
reaver894: Fallout 1 can be fully completed in sub 10 hours. not easy in that timeframe but possible.
StingingVelvet: Fallout 1 can actually be completed in like 7 minutes, lol.
Without cheating???

How???
So can Fallout 2. Though that's if you start with a character somewhat better than you normally would - I suspect it's the same case with the original?

Bodkin: Hmmm, Two worlds. Not sure why i play it through. Pure masochism, maybe.
I actually bought that and maybe would have also completed it - but sadly it runs at about 10 frames a second - with the graphics set so low it looks like a DS game blown up onto a 19" monitor. I don't really get it, I'm just about on the minimum specs and my PC runs far better-looking games such as Half Like 2 Episode Two, Dreamfall and even Myst Uru.

I know those last two aren't exactly buzzwords when talking about great graphics but they look really good and work fine. I guess Two Worlds just has a really shitty engine whereas those three must have far better ones (and that's really saying something, since Dreamfall is in no way a good example of programming).
Post edited February 05, 2011 by Export
Export: I actually bought that and maybe would have also completed it - but sadly it runs at about 10 frames a second - with the graphics set so low it looks like a DS game blown up onto a 19" monitor. I don't really get it, I'm just about on the minimum specs...
Yeah, my old PC was also about min specs and it didn't run well.
reaver894: Without cheating???

How???
Pick certain skills, mostly sneak and explosives I believe, and run straight to the ending locations. There are videos of it on youtube probably, or speeddemosarchive. As Export said Fallout 2 is the same.
reaver894: Without cheating???

How???
StingingVelvet: Pick certain skills, mostly sneak and explosives I believe, and run straight to the ending locations. There are videos of it on youtube probably, or speeddemosarchive. As Export said Fallout 2 is the same.
That defeats the point though, why play a game without experiencing what it has to offer. My 10 hour run did pretty much everything. (Although I admit I lockpicked the BoS door and went to the glow when I had PA for the rad res)