It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Leroux:
Sachys: gotta be the work of hockeycanuck then i think
Yeah, I missed his post before, but his effort is very much appreciated. So kudos and thanks a lot to Jason Carver! :)
Post edited September 11, 2014 by Leroux
* * * * * Yup! Some confirmed good news indeed on this issue! * * * * *

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/viva_media_drm_free_downloads_restored_on_gamersgate/post1

I'm afraid that is not a decision GamersGate can take. The change is by demand of the publishers and this is how this game is distributed and supported now.

Yes, we are loosing more and more DRM free games to Steam as the publishers decide to only support one version instead of several. GG have fought for DRM free games, and Steam free, a long time, but it looks like it is a lost cause.
I wonder how a publisher can demand this. I mean why can a publisher hold rights about the distribution channel much beyond the purchase date?

Anyway good news that there was a way after all. I guess the publisher gave in in the end.
Leroux: The weird thing is, I wrote a complaint about Gray Matter and I also got a reply today stating:
-----------------
Nevertheless, when I read your post and checked my account, the "DRM-free" link was back again for me, too.
Hmm, strange. Still, you made a complaint where I made a bug report. I feigned ignorance and made no reference to Steam in my message, I simply said something along the lines of "The download link for Grey Matter has vanished from my account, please help!" and Ashot replied saying it should be back now.

As a matter of interest, are you going to reply to the message you got today? I would cite GOG as an example of how it isn't a lost cause, at least not yet. GamersGate are just being weak in my opinion, they gave in to the whole Steam key thing so easily that of course they have no power to convince publishers to give them anything other than a Steam key.
Sachys: In the case of Gray Matter, I think it's possible hockeycanuck
(Viva Media guy) may have had something to do with its return.
Ah yeah, makes sense.
Post edited September 11, 2014 by SirPrimalform
Leroux:
Sachys: gotta be the work of hockeycanuck then i think
Yup , downloads restored!
Trilarion: I wonder how a publisher can demand this. I mean why can a publisher hold rights about the distribution channel much beyond the purchase date?
They provide the patches...

Especially for smaller developers it is much easier just to take care of one version of the game and Steamworks and there autopatch system is know the best system at the market for every developer who has access to Steam. It is understandable. See Original Sin for example, I bought it to support GOG and because of Galaxy, but the patching mechanism right know is just annoying as hell...

So, the Standalone installers are fantastic for the Good old games, which rarely never needed a patch, but for new titles it is a pain in the ass - especially in the first month after release.
Rincewind81: ...So, the Standalone installers are fantastic for the Good old games, which rarely never needed a patch, but for new titles it is a pain in the ass - especially in the first month after release.
I fully agree. An optional auto-patcher is worth its weight in gold. But still they are forcing the use of a third party service just to handle patches. They should at least give the opportunity to stay with the old system (and without patches).

For those who don't like constant patching I often advice to wait a bit after release (like at least six months). This way most of the patching is already done.
oh yes, autopatcher, where they can update your game and you are left with a broken game (RTW)

DRM sucks and I am very disappointed with how GG is deal with this. NOT EVEN AN EMAIL WARNING, nothing! If they at least gave you a warning you have X amount of time to download your DRM FREE game, things would be a bit better. But acting basically like a thief, trying to sneak out with your drm free game and replace it with a fraking steam key.
ffs

GG is getting worse every month now for the last couple of years. I would not be surprised if they get bought or just close sooner than later.

Disgusting move by Gamersgate and the publishers.
trusteft: oh yes, autopatcher, where they can update your game and you are left with a broken game (RTW)

DRM sucks and I am very disappointed with how GG is deal with this. NOT EVEN AN EMAIL WARNING, nothing! If they at least gave you a warning you have X amount of time to download your DRM FREE game, things would be a bit better. But acting basically like a thief, trying to sneak out with your drm free game and replace it with a fraking steam key.
ffs

GG is getting worse every month now for the last couple of years. I would not be surprised if they get bought or just close sooner than later.

Disgusting move by Gamersgate and the publishers.
Viva Media DRM FREE downloads restored the other week:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/viva_media_drm_free_downloads_restored_on_gamersgate/post1