It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

realkman666: [
Vector Thrust
Nope. In early alpha, the game didn't even start for me and the support was bad, so I won't bother. Activated on Steam and learned my lesson. Xenonauts and Wrack are still DRM-free.

Those are the three alphas I've ever bought.
IronArcturus: That Wrack game looked pretty cool. But I've never heard of Vector Thrust before. I wonder if any of those could make it on GOG?
It's funny, I bought all three in 2012 and never expected Xenonauts to be the first to come out. xD

At 10-15$, both games are interesting. Wrack finally has good controls, Vector Thrust actually starts and runs well for the most part, but I haven't played either a lot recently. I'm sure the GOG audience would like them, they're modern while being throwbacks, they look great without being power-hungry.

For those who don't know:
Xenonauts: http://www.indiedb.com/games/xenonauts/images/landed-light-scout#imagebox
Wrack: http://www.indiedb.com/games/wrack/images/wrack#imagebox
Vector Thrust: http://www.indiedb.com/games/vector-thrust/images/mud-mover#imagebox
Wrack looks interesting, but is it drm free via Desura? (rather not deal with steam unless i have to). Wasnt aware Darkout was only being updated on Steam..or am i wrong? (newupdate just appeared for it on Desura...it uses its own updater though..unless its changed..)
Post edited September 06, 2014 by Niggles
Gonchi: Call of Cthulhu Wasted Land was replaced with a Steam key as well, not sure if it was mentioned already.
So it seems that I was affected by this change :(

Edit: From the GG site of the game:

DRM: Steamworks
Features: DRM-free
Post edited September 06, 2014 by Tarnicus
Gonchi: Call of Cthulhu Wasted Land was replaced with a Steam key as well, not sure if it was mentioned already.
Tarnicus: So it seems that I was affected by this change :(

Edit: From the GG site of the game:

DRM: Steamworks
Features: DRM-free
That usually means you get a drm free download AND a steam key
monkeydelarge: Birthday rap competition?
Sachys: yarp!
You talking about this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPTEVQN6djs
realkman666: I bought an alpha game DRM-free on Desura and only the Steam version is being updated now. It's a new trend. Activate on Steam or bust.
Desura doesn't put much effort to ensuring their games are patched. I've had to push them dozen times now to patch verious games or get their uploads fixed. Their own fault really as many devs complain how obscure and slow their aproval process is and they don't seem to inform devs if files are rejected for some reason (there's also plenty of cases where devs claim they've uploaded the patches long ago and Desura claims they never received any).
Sachys: yarp!
monkeydelarge: You talking about this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPTEVQN6djs
YARP!
i dont even have GG account, but this sounds fishy at the least.
realkman666: I bought an alpha game DRM-free on Desura and only the Steam version is being updated now. It's a new trend. Activate on Steam or bust.
Petrell: Desura doesn't put much effort to ensuring their games are patched. I've had to push them dozen times now to patch verious games or get their uploads fixed. Their own fault really as many devs complain how obscure and slow their aproval process is and they don't seem to inform devs if files are rejected for some reason (there's also plenty of cases where devs claim they've uploaded the patches long ago and Desura claims they never received any).
I was never impressed with them.
Sachys: That usually means you get a drm free download AND a steam key
Yes usually and I believe previously but not in this case, or perhaps not anymore. I haven't backed up my DRM free Gamersgate games, as their installer is a pain in the arse to use to actually download an installer that can be used on any computer(i.e. grabbing it before installing), but as I am in the process of backing up every game I own from every source possible, GG has shot to the front of the list of games to download and not purchase from again. Regardless of this being an initiative of the developers or publishers of said games, the practise of previously purchased DRM free games vanishing means that I will no longer support that store.
So far none of my DRM-free games on Gamersgate is affected, but thanks for the warning. Backing up everything now, double copies - on 2 separate hard-drives - to be sure. I'll need a new drive!
nice to hear the GG news! Not nice of the GG itself, but the news:
Now I can mentally substact the last fairness-point from them and redistribute it to gog.com
Glad my GG copy of X-com Apocalypse is safely installed on my hd.
A shitty move indeed :(
I have also complained in that thread on their forums. Though it's really mindboggling how so few people have noticed/even care about it...

I myself have only a few games on GG and none have been affected (entirely). So A.I.M 2, Alpha Protocol, Making History Gold Edition (German Version) and Monster RPG 2 (:D wasn't this free at some point?). Guilty Gear Isuka got a Steam button, BUT has kept its download button.

Good thing I downloaded these already. Or most of them at least.
That does sound like a lousy move.

This is one reason why you back up your games, because you never know. That includes GOG games too. I'm not saying anything will happen like this, but it's just good practice to do that.
Post edited September 06, 2014 by JohnnyDollar
high rated
I did a brief search and landed on a thread at the GG forums. I didn't read past the first few posts.
http://www.gamersgate.com/gametutor?issue=251998

If it's enforced by the dev/pubs and GG is bound by contract, then they caved in too much when they signed the contracts, afaic.

Those games should be there in your account. I don't care about any agreements or fine print on the user's part. That's just the right thing to do. If you buy a game advertised as DRM-free, then it should stay DRM-free in the spirit in which the DD offers DRM-free games. It shouldn't be tied to a client service after the fact.

The publishers responsible for that and GG deserve to be shunned by the gaming community. If this happened at GOG I would say the same thing.