It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Enter for a chance to receive a bundle of 66 indie games!

With today's addition of FEZ the number of indie games in GOG.com catalog amounts to 66. It's a nice sounding number (about 2/3rds of 100!), so we thought celebration is in order. What better way is there to celebrate games, than by giving away free games? (Here's a hint: there is no better way.) So, for the next 6 days everyone gets the chance to enter our sweepstakes--and the prizes are truly sweet. One lucky person will receive an enormous bundle of all the 66 indie games from our catalog. Eleven more people will be awarded 6 indie games of their choice each. Here's how you enter:

Do you see the entry form below? All you need to do is provide us with your valid email address. That's it, you're in! You get exactly one entry in the sweepstakes. Optionally, you can make your chances better by doing two things for us: you can tweet about our sweepstakes for an extra entry (there's a Twitter field already filled out for you--if you don't want to tweet, make sure it's blank before submitting your entry), and notify your Facebook friends (a pop-up will pop-up upon completing the form). You'll be awarded an extra entry for every friend that enters from your referral. All this social-sharing is purely optional, of course.

Note: the sweepstakes entry is now closed. Winners will be contacted soon.
Post edited May 02, 2013 by G-Doc
cogadh: WooBox is a social media marketing company. From their own terms:

"To the extent Woobox collects personally identifiable information, it does so solely for the use of its Sponsors and the administration of the Promotions. Woobox limits access to all personally identifiable information gathered within its organization and data is never shared outside of the company, with the exception of the Sponsors of the Promotions in which you decide to participate, or to comply with governmental or legal requests. Woobox may contact you in connection with the Promotions you are a participant and use your personally identifiable information collected from past Promotions when you access future Promotions or utilize the Woobox applications. You may also grant Woobox permissions within Facebook applications running on our platform that allow us to share your activity within our applications on the Facebook platform and post on your behalf. These permissions may or may not be required for you to participate in certain Promotions and you may revoke these permissions at any time in your Facebook privacy settings. You may request that your collected personally identifiable information be deleted from Woobox systems at any time by sending your request to support@woobox.com."

They share our data with "sponsors", which is marketing speak for selling our e-mail addresses and such off to spammers.
hedwards: This displeases me greatly. The terms page was apparently broken so that it scrolls off into oblivion making it hard to read. And there was no mention of them sharing the information for reasons other than administrating the contest.

I used to like GOG, but it's become clear that they're every bit as soulless and generally questionable as the other game shops.
My feelings exactly.
Post edited May 01, 2013 by mrkgnao
cogadh: WooBox is a social media marketing company. From their own terms:

"To the extent Woobox collects personally identifiable information, it does so solely for the use of its Sponsors and the administration of the Promotions. Woobox limits access to all personally identifiable information gathered within its organization and data is never shared outside of the company, with the exception of the Sponsors of the Promotions in which you decide to participate, or to comply with governmental or legal requests. Woobox may contact you in connection with the Promotions you are a participant and use your personally identifiable information collected from past Promotions when you access future Promotions or utilize the Woobox applications. You may also grant Woobox permissions within Facebook applications running on our platform that allow us to share your activity within our applications on the Facebook platform and post on your behalf. These permissions may or may not be required for you to participate in certain Promotions and you may revoke these permissions at any time in your Facebook privacy settings. You may request that your collected personally identifiable information be deleted from Woobox systems at any time by sending your request to support@woobox.com."

They share our data with "sponsors", which is marketing speak for selling our e-mail addresses and such off to spammers.
HypersomniacLive: I could be wrong, but I think that the term "Sponsors" refer to the the entities running promotions that use Woobox - in this particular case, that would make GOG the Sponsor.

When in doubt, use an alias you can afford to stop using if it gets spammed - requires a little more work, but keeps your inbox(es) clean :-)
That's my assumption, but the terms page is such a mess that reading it is hit or miss.
hedwards: This displeases me greatly. The terms page was apparently broken so that it scrolls off into oblivion making it hard to read. And there was no mention of them sharing the information for reasons other than administrating the contest.

I used to like GOG, but it's become clear that they're every bit as soulless and generally questionable as the other game shops.
mrkgnao: My feelings exactly.
Hm, but their customers are Virgin America, Fiji Water, NBC, the Voice, League of Legends ... :O
Spam is illegal so there should be nothing coming from them.
Post edited May 01, 2013 by Daniel Ruf
Was just thinking about Woo Box and GOG.

As much as I love GOG, I'd say using Woo Box is an epic fail on their part. I mean, seriously. Many of us are here because of DRM-free games, meaning one of the reasons we love DRM-Free is because we don't like publishers nad developers invading our privacy. So.......what on EARTH made GOG think we'd like to sign up to some shady service like Woo Box?
mrkgnao: My feelings exactly.
Daniel Ruf: Hm, but their customers are Virgin America, Fiji Water, NBC, the Voice, League of Legends ... :O
LOL, you're being sarcastic, right?
Post edited May 01, 2013 by Bloodygoodgames
Very nice, I'd love to win some indies.
Adzeth: I have a theory. Bold text is invisible. Let's try it.
Note: because the way the form works has created a little confusion: entering your email does, indeed, enter you to win. The form then auto-forwards on to Facebook, but you have no obligation to actually log in or authorize it. Your email address is entry enough.
I wonder where I copy pasted that text from. :p
cogadh: We still end up giving our e-mail addresses to a "social media marketing company", which is never a good thing. Why did they have to involve a third party at all when GOG already has the means to run a contest using their own infrastructure? They could even still have the optional Twitter/Facebook "please advertise for us" stuff if they wanted without using something like WooBox, but for some reason they chose not to.
According to this post, WooBox doesn't get your e-mail.
Bloodygoodgames: Was just thinking about Woo Box and GOG.

As much as I love GOG, I'd say using Woo Box is an epic fail on their part. I mean, seriously. Many of us are here because of DRM-free games, meaning one of the reasons we love DRM-Free is because we don't like publishers nad developers invading our privacy. So.......what on EARTH made GOG think we'd like to sign up to some shady service like Woo Box?
Daniel Ruf: Hm, but their customers are Virgin America, Fiji Water, NBC, the Voice, League of Legends ... :O
Bloodygoodgames: LOL, you're being sarcastic, right?
No, I'm serious :D If I got spam, then they had to feel the consequences ;-)
The first email of spammers was always their last one after redirecting the email to the right email addresses ;-) :D

cogadh: We still end up giving our e-mail addresses to a "social media marketing company", which is never a good thing. Why did they have to involve a third party at all when GOG already has the means to run a contest using their own infrastructure? They could even still have the optional Twitter/Facebook "please advertise for us" stuff if they wanted without using something like WooBox, but for some reason they chose not to.
thebum06: According to this post, WooBox doesn't get your e-mail.
I don't know how. because http://https://secure.gog.test/news/the_raffle_app_testing_site# is not valid ;-)
Post edited May 01, 2013 by Daniel Ruf
^
Yup, i want to read further rebuttal. According to TET words, we're not sharing anything with woobox unless we give permission to the apps. That was my thought initially, bit surprise about the reaction hours later.

It's either a misunderstanding or i'm just clueless about this whole thing.
wormholewizards: ^
Yup, i want to read further rebuttal. According to TET words, we're not sharing anything with woobox unless we give permission to the apps. That was my thought initially, bit surprise about the reaction hours later.

It's either a misunderstanding or i'm just clueless about this whole thing.
Well, the FB app can see nothing, because my profile is private :D
I believe it is more interesting gift 66 persons instead of one with 66 games, more people get happy! Anyway, let´s roll the dice. (It´s good not have deleted my facebook and twitter account; I never use them and have just for this kind of thing... :)
tokisto: I believe it is more interesting gift 66 persons instead of one with 66 games, more people get happy!
1 will get 66, and 11 will get 6.
tokisto: I believe it is more interesting gift 66 persons instead of one with 66 games, more people get happy!
JMich: 1 will get 66, and 11 will get 6.
Hmmm, it´s better then. Still I´d prefer 66 winners. I doubt the winner will play all the games someday.
Post edited May 01, 2013 by tokisto
Got to love how being generous can be twisted into being soulless
Hmm, I was a bit sceptical about just entering an email to win, I mean... You guys at GOG.com already have my email so why do I need to enter it again (if I don't wish to share or tweet the thing to increase my winning chances)? I don't like using my twitter account or my facebook profile as an advertising pillar to the people I know on those sites so I'm happy that you ran a contest where one could opt out of that and still be a part of the contest, but all this WooBox and email gathering is a bit too much so I'll just skip this contest. It's just not my kind of thing. :D

If you guys do something like this again, just be super clear in the post what happens and what doesn't happen if one enters a contest. I'm still a happy customer at GOG.com and I love your site and your service. :D

I know you always listen to feedback, tweak your site, promotions, offerings according to what you guys think is best from the respons you get and that's why I keep coming back. :) You guys know how to weigh customer feedback and your own ideas and ideals for how the site should be. Just wanted to share my feelings since I have seen that you have had similiar "Tweet to win!"-contests before.

Keep on being awesome though :D
JMich: 1 will get 66, and 11 will get 6.
tokisto: Hmmm, it´s better then. Still I´d prefer 66 winners. I doubt the winner will play all the games someday.
Well, yeah, especially seeing as Twitter users get free entries for spamming.
Whitewraith: Got to love how being generous can be twisted into being soulless
This isn't generous, this is a marketing move. If they were really being generous, they wouldn't be giving people additional entries for spamming Twitter followers.

Remember that this is a retail store and not a charity the ultimate motivation here is advertisements and referrals.
Post edited May 01, 2013 by hedwards